HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2009, 06:57 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Yippee!
1/72 Scale BF 109 Pic's + VIDEO !!!!!!

Had some time late last night and today so I decided to finish up the last of my Profile Planes. Here we have a BF 109 Power glides show it to be fairly nice will see how she does tomorrow in the air on it's maiden flight
AUW 2.8 Grams
WS 6"
Plantraco RX, 4 mm motor and Prop
Homemade Actuator
Durabatics foam construction sanded to .018
Details came out very nice You can see the rivets in the pictures tho the Picture doesn't do this justice looks even better in person.

Doom
epicdoom is offline Find More Posts by epicdoom
Last edited by epicdoom; Nov 30, 2009 at 01:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:05 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
Got in some fly time before the winds started blowing this little bird flew ok but not exactly ti my liking so its trim time hopefully tomorrow will be less windy I had a hard tim flying it with 1 hand the wind took it up high and I fought the whole time to get it back to ground level
1/72 BF 109 (0 min 44 sec)

Doom
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:39 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,068 Posts
Another beaut bro!

Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Dec 01, 2009, 12:39 AM
Joined Nov 2009
7 Posts
Very nice.

I wanna see some 1/72 balsa builds though.
Benny|314| is offline Find More Posts by Benny|314|
Old Dec 01, 2009, 12:46 AM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny|314| View Post
Very nice.

I wanna see some 1/72 balsa builds though.
That would be rather difficult unless you do profile planes, as far as i know only 1 person has built a 1/72 model from balsa, balsa is heavier than durobatics and isnt as strong.
Heliman420 is online now Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Dec 01, 2009, 05:04 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
Had some time late last night and today so I decided to finish up the last of my Profile Planes. Here we have a BF 109 Power glides show it to be fairly nice will see how she does tomorrow in the air on it's maiden flight
AUW 2.8 Grams
WS 6"
Plantraco RX, 4 mm motor and Prop
Homemade Actuator
Durabatics foam construction sanded to .018
Details came out very nice You can see the rivets in the pictures tho the Picture doesn't do this justice looks even better in person.

Doom
brilliant! now go have some dogfights with your other planes!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Dec 01, 2009, 01:29 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
No dogfights least till the friggin wind stops blowing here I'm comsidering moving from the __hole state to somplace it doesen't rain or isn't windy EVERY SINGLE DAY

Doom
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:56 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
the whole fleet lol they are calling for more stinking rain tomorrow this is getting very old did we skip fall and winter and go directly to spring or what

Doom
Old Dec 02, 2009, 06:43 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
no that's what I call a whole squadron!
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Dec 02, 2009, 08:13 AM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,068 Posts
They are works of art Joe! I think at think at this point we should lock in a room with all of his tools. Give him a million or so square feet of Duobatics And Mountain Dew IV and let him at it.

Dave
Old Dec 02, 2009, 01:18 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
LOL Dave I Built a F4U Corsair also I was goint to stop making the profile planes and move on to the full fuse planes then I found a few more profiles I'd like to have and said to myself damnit I can just build both. so I'll be building the profiles as I find others I'd like to have and at the same time building my FF planes they will be my main priority tho.
I think I'm gonna build maybe 4 more WWII and then pretty much all the WWI planes. I'm gonna need alot of durabatics and plantraco gear

Joe
Old Dec 02, 2009, 02:06 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicdoom View Post
LOL Dave I Built a F4U Corsair also I was goint to stop making the profile planes and move on to the full fuse planes then I found a few more profiles I'd like to have and said to myself damnit I can just build both. so I'll be building the profiles as I find others I'd like to have and at the same time building my FF planes they will be my main priority tho.
I think I'm gonna build maybe 4 more WWII and then pretty much all the WWI planes. I'm gonna need alot of durabatics and plantraco gear

Joe
Can't wait to see the Corsair!

A Sopwith Pup (Not Camel), Jenny, or Neuiport would be nice. Oh and the SE5a! I'd love to see those come to fruition. Especially the Pup.

Dave
Old Dec 02, 2009, 02:15 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
3,261 Posts
I love your models Doom! If you will take a suggestion for another one to do, I would like to suggest a 1/72 P-38 with twin 4mm motors. Actually, I might give that a try myself! It wouldn't be for a while though. I need to save my money for Christmas gifts before I go and buy the Plantraco gear I need. Oh, and I don't have a straight through printer to do a paintjob with. Hmm. Would you be kind enough to print a paint scheme for a 1/72 P-38 on a piece of Durobatics for me? I would give you the scheme I want and I'll pay you to do it.
all4smallrc is offline Find More Posts by all4smallrc
Old Dec 02, 2009, 04:40 PM
Micro Crazy Man
Baltimore, Md.
Joined May 2004
1,531 Posts
All4smallrc I would be happy to print it off for you. I am considering the P38 as well I have a good deal of 3views of it and alot of Photos of the plane I think getting the P38 to fly would be the ultimate challange for me I also think it would and can fly givin it has 2 motors pulling the extra weight can be shaved down nicely and the more I think about it the more I wanna try so yes for sure I will be building a P38 in 1/72 scale.

Ill PM you my address to send the sheet of foam to you can do the image of the P38 on a CD and send that as well or just send it via email up to you. I'll get it Printed off and sent back out the same day. No need for payment just add in the cost to return the Foam and cd consider it a gift. And Thanx for your complements

Doom
Old Dec 02, 2009, 09:34 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
As i recall somebody on here has already done a profile p-38 with twin picoz motors and props..cant find the thread though...
Heliman420 is online now Find More Posts by Heliman420