HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2003, 05:08 PM
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Joined Jan 2000
2,419 Posts
"I don't think there are actually any retract servos that shut down after a given time period, not the one's I've played with anyhow.

Greg"

I explained the problem of servo stall to my e-wizard pal and he said no sweat. I think he has these cheap programmable circuits as described in William's post. They could be programmed to cut out after, say, 4 seconds of on time or whatever. Not necessarily load related but time related. Just as good.

It might mean a belly landing, but hey, half of mine are that way anyhow. With my retract equipped heavies half my wheel down landings require shop work!!!Tex.
Sabrejock is offline Find More Posts by Sabrejock
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2003, 05:33 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,495 Posts
Good stuff lads!

Thanks for all the responses (not to mention Tonyo's diagram).

The proposed recipient of all this hardware is a 46" (ish) version of Mark Rittengers Python. I reckon that I could build it without any undercart at about 3lb, whereas it seems that a retract system (including battery & servo) will add at least another 5oz to the AUW.

Hmm............

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old May 05, 2003, 06:15 PM
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Joined Jan 2000
2,419 Posts
"whereas it seems that a retract system (including battery & servo) will add at least another 5oz to the AUW."

Tim: I don't know about you, but my planes usually have at least that amount of my blood in them. Tex.
Sabrejock is offline Find More Posts by Sabrejock