HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:33 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,414 Posts
What is supposed 22 4111 includes ? All plastic above without motor/esc?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:45 AM
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
90 Posts
according to the manual 224111 which I got with the xeno and the downloadable manual on the MPX site includes everything except for the motor and esc although it looks from Jurgens comments this may be a mistake. According to MPX site
tuning set is €149.90 motor €64.90 esc €51.90 leaving a balance of €33.10 which is a little more than the #19.90 for 224111 quoted - so could be a mistake however its still there on the MPX site and has not been altered and I shall be angry if they dont honour this as this price was taken into consideration when ordering the kit.

Mike
mikesan is offline Find More Posts by mikesan
Old Dec 12, 2009, 07:07 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,032 Posts
they might have something about typo's ect in the fine print....
cmulder is offline Find More Posts by cmulder
Old Dec 12, 2009, 07:09 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesan View Post
according to the manual 224111 which I got with the xeno and the downloadable manual on the MPX site includes everything except for the motor and esc although it looks from Jurgens comments this may be a mistake. According to MPX site
tuning set is €149.90 motor €64.90 esc €51.90 leaving a balance of €33.10 which is a little more than the #19.90 for 224111 quoted - so could be a mistake however its still there on the MPX site and has not been altered and I shall be angry if they dont honour this as this price was taken into consideration when ordering the kit.

Mike
I would bet that 224111 listed for 19.90 means also no prop/hub/spinner, and in this case the price balance would be ok, right ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Dec 12, 2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 09:43 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,786 Posts
Quote:
Presume offer and acceptance law applies
Actually it doesn't - check page 12, para 1:

Please understand that we cannot entertain claims against us if the kit contents do not agree in every respect with the instructions and the illustrations.

The translation from German is rather awful, but basically:

# 224111 description is correct, but it shows the wrong illustration.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
90 Posts
Thanks Jurgen, and Renatoa My brother in law has just visited for tea and he is an English lawyer.

In his opinion I am right and MPX are obligated to supply whats in the picture and this is a binding contract in his opinion the clause you mention is really for changes in design as most manufacturers have a similar clause so you can change the design but you cant suddenly only supply half of what is specified. If they dont they can be taken to court but in reality its probably not worth it for a few Euros... However MPX have their reputation to consider if this sort of misbehaviour is publlcised

Regards

Mike
Old Dec 12, 2009, 01:10 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,032 Posts
sheez this is how companies quit.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hampshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
90 Posts
Cmulder not quite sure what you mean. Are you supporting MPX in this situation?

Mike
Old Dec 12, 2009, 04:30 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,786 Posts
Quote:
In his opinion I am right and MPX are obligated to supply whats in the picture and this is a binding contract ...
What a lot af balony. How can an instruction manual be a binding contract? The description is correct, the picture is wrong. These kind of things happen - especially on a brand new model - and the mistake is pretty obvious when looking at the content of the drive kits, or looking at the prices of all the items shown in the picture.

Jürgen
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:21 PM
Yorkshire England
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Consumer law cant be baloney, can it?

I am with everyone who thinks Mtp*ex are not playing fair with the xeno advertising, I paid for it and waited and waited and waited and waited, only to find out that when I got my sticky mitts on it, the simple bits to motorise it which are good value for the vendor, but I can power it for a fraction of the asking price, cept I cant cos It is only a glider until you pay three times its value for a motor, esc and the vital bits of plastic and elapor.
Mine will be consigned to the loft for posterity or until I can work up some enthusiasm or "ransom cash" to buy the right bits.

mutleyman is offline Find More Posts by mutleyman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2009, 02:49 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutleyman View Post
I am with everyone who thinks Mtp*ex are not playing fair with the xeno advertising, I paid for it and waited and waited and waited and waited, only to find out that when I got my sticky mitts on it, the simple bits to motorise it which are good value for the vendor, but I can power it for a fraction of the asking price, cept I cant cos It is only a glider until you pay three times its value for a motor, esc and the vital bits of plastic and elapor.
Mine will be consigned to the loft for posterity or until I can work up some enthusiasm or "ransom cash" to buy the right bits.

What do you mean by "you paid for it and waited and waited"? I would not pay for something until it is actually available. It was always clear, that the drive system won't come cheap (Robbe's drive system for the Sport Wing is not cheaper either). You can always build something yourself, like you had to do with models like the ZAGI etc.

You have such wonderful slopes in the UK and also in Yorkshire. Why not use them?

Jürgen
Old Dec 13, 2009, 03:55 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,786 Posts
If I would need a cheaper or lighter power system for the Xeno, I would probably build myself something like this:
Old Dec 13, 2009, 06:37 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,032 Posts
yes

yes i am
Quote:
Cmulder not quite sure what you mean. Are you supporting MPX in this situation?

Mike
Old Dec 13, 2009, 06:40 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2001
4,032 Posts
btw your "contract" is with the store unless you ordered straight from mpx in germany
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:44 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
Who is Dieter Kalb? Is there any german build thread?
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun