HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:19 PM
Joined Mar 2007
31 Posts
Dumb question here...
I'm putting together the tuning power package, and the instructions say to loctite the metal prop shaft to the motor adapter using two pack adhesive??? Huh Is that Loctite brand epoxy or ? Would epoxy, CA, JB Weld, etc be acceptable, or is there a particular adhesive I need to find?

Thanks a lot, again!!
Brian.
BrianPB is offline Find More Posts by BrianPB
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:49 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPB View Post
the instructions say to loctite the metal prop shaft to the motor adapter using two pack adhesive??? ...
Hi Brian,

any good epoxy will do. (They meant two component glue in the instruction manual).

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Feb 10, 2011, 10:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
31 Posts
Thank you Sir!
B.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:28 PM
can't wait to retire..
Australia, ACT, Symonston
Joined Feb 2006
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobidude View Post
that answers my question thanks.
just got the power set and it came with steel shaft.
Reveiw I read said carbon...without going through the whole thread I'm guessing there has been an issue?

I want to buy a spare wing kit and turn it into a 70" version.
Big fold up wing that lives in the boot
Finally bored of the stock Zeno so got the panels in and took to it with my wire cutter. A bit of a profile sand at the join and now have a 76" Zeno. The factory performance set has plenty of power so extra mass will be fine.

Am going to put the servos out the top of the wing while I'm at it. Also routered out a 12mm deep 1mm spar groove to drop a long carbon spar through each panel.

Not sure what I will do with the inner control surfaces, don't think crow capability is a good idea but may be nice to set minor flap changes in?

C-G will be interesting, have enough room for a bigger pack, suspect I will need it.

Anyway, the deed is done. Now I just need to get it to fly again so I will have a big a$$ wing that will fold in half for better transportation. Could be $40 well spent
hobidude is offline Find More Posts by hobidude
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:15 PM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
76 Posts
Can someone tell me what is new in the Nuremberg Model Fair Xeno (MPX item 214241) compared to the before-Nuremberg Xeno (MPX item 214239)? Thanks
Papangue is offline Find More Posts by Papangue
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:58 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papangue View Post
Can someone tell me what is new in the Nuremberg Model Fair Xeno (MPX item 214241) compared to the before-Nuremberg Xeno (MPX item 214239)? Thanks
The "Xeno Uni" kit includes the power pod parts.

Jürgen
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:16 AM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
The "Xeno Uni" kit includes the power pod parts.

Jürgen
Danke sehr Jürgen, another question please : there is a new motor-propeller set (item 33 3108) wich seems to be "between" the former "normal" and "tuning" sets.
Do these disapear? Is the former "tuning set" right for the "Uni Xeno"?
Thanks for your answers.
Papangue is offline Find More Posts by Papangue
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papangue View Post
there is a new motor-propeller set (item 33 3108) wich seems to be "between" the former "normal" and "tuning" sets.
Do these disapear? Is the former "tuning set" right for the "Uni Xeno"?
Thanks for your answers.
Looks like Multiplex is replacing the Himax motors.

The former "Tuning set" for the Xeno would not be ideal for the Xeno Uni, because the "Xeno Uni" kit already contains the power pod and all you need is battery, ESC and motor.

Jürgen
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Mar 2007
31 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for the help Jurgen. I'm up and flying now and really like the Xeno.

A funny thing happened though... I set up the radio and got about a dozen flights in, but was suprised with the lack of power with the Tuning set?!?! The plane would climb at about 45deg and maybe max out at 25mph'ish. Coming from gliders I was supprised that the electrics, especially with the tuning set, didn't probide more power. Well, I was looking though the settings on my radio one day, and realized that somebody messed with the radio at the hobby shop and turned the upper half of the throttle adjustment down to 0%. So I had been flying around at half throttle With full throttle this thing really moves! Unlimited vertical, like they say in the literature

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying a spare Xeno for parts or as a replacement, if (when ) I crash this one. Do you guys have a link to the new model that
includes the power package parts (214241?) I can't find it online. Maybe I should get spare power parts too...

BTW, the soft case that you can buy for it is very nice, and a pretty good price at $35-$40 USD.

Also I should have put the servos in the top of the wing. I did install Du-bro wing tip guards to protect the control horns but even with those pressure on the pushrod is breaking the Elpaor elevon hinge. Already had to reinforse it with tape.

One more thing, I've tried batteries from 1000mah to 2200, and think I like the 1550s best. They are a nice combination of proper CG, weight, and duration.

Thanks again for the help guys!!!
Brian.

oooo, one more thing, I fly it at the beach, and sometimes in the desert. Well I'm sure that nice NACA scoop on the canopy feeds some nice cool air to the motor during flight, but unfortunatly it also feeds salty sand directly into the motor upon landing :-( I built a little "sand deflector" between the scoop and motor inside the canopy, and hope it doesn't affect the motor temp too much. I figure a slightly warm motor will outlast sand lubricated bearings by a wide margin. I have yet to test it and Ill post results if the motor get hot.
B.
Last edited by BrianPB; Feb 28, 2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: I can't spell, obviously...
Old Mar 01, 2011, 12:30 AM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Gentleman,
I got myself a brand new Xeno for just $35 today and will be ordering the power conversion kit without the motor and ESC. Has anyone a good suggestion for a replacement motor for the Himax?

I like my setups a bit hot so I any suggestion is welcome.

Any specific mods recommended?

Thanks!
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 17, 2011, 05:45 PM
Seattle, Wa
Joined Jul 2007
28 Posts
I liked Xeno; my thoughts

Accidentally missed this thread and started a new one cleverly titled "Multiplex Xeno". I got to try out the plane, and thought it worked really well if you take into considerations its uses and do a few specific trims in it. Please refer to my other thread as to specifics: <http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1408184>
banjeff is offline Find More Posts by banjeff
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:42 AM
Anytime, Any place...
Norway, Oslo
Joined Jul 2005
48 Posts
New to the Xeno...

I have just bought myself a Xeno with a tuning pack. I have started to put it together. Seems like an easy build as I will stick to the original version without any modifications. I will use it mainly at the slope. Starting with a four day slope session in May... Can't wait!

Rgs, Sunliner
Sunliner is offline Find More Posts by Sunliner
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:34 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Hi , can anyone tell me where I can get the metal driveshaft from.....perhaps a link
and hopefully in OZ

Cheers
Ian
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:24 AM
Western Europe 52.7° N 8.9° W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
Hi , can anyone tell me where I can get the metal driveshaft from.....perhaps a link
and hopefully in OZ

Cheers
Ian
It was a free upgrade for me ...... I would contact your LHS and if no joy then MPX direct .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:27 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
I doubt Model Engines the OZ agent will give me a freebee ...if they even have spares...Ive sent them an email...
Can you give me a link to where I would get some
Thanks
Ian
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE