HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:49 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddruck View Post
Does any one know what this new 'electric conversion kit' , no: MPU332554
that all the US dealers advertise for the Xeno is, and what it contains? It is listed at around $ 50 -60. ...
Hi Dan,

it is basically all the components for electric conversion, but without motor, ESC and battery:

http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/w...I=MPUA3554&P=0

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:28 AM
Canada, ON, Pickering
Joined Nov 2006
675 Posts
Excellent, thanks very much, I could not find a picture of the set, that will allow me to use my own motor.
Now I have to go back through the tread and read more, what concerned me was in all flight reports, the mention of tail wag that Xeno has at lower speed. I corrected that on my Stryker with a third rudder to steady it up in the wind, I guess larger rudders or another one will do the same for Xeno.
Seems parts availability is not stellar in North America either. It was cheaper to get another kit, then parts for my Easy Glider Pro.
Thanks again
Dan
ddruck is online now Find More Posts by ddruck
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:29 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
1,957 Posts
Xeno as holiday flyer - works fine; VIDEO

Finally I could fly my Xeno as intended: On holiday in the mountains, transported on the back in a big sack (not on foot but w/ mountainbike).

There was not a lot of wind but enough for some nice soaring, motor was only used for starting and when exploring the area around me for the scenerey, in keeping with the lift I could have done w/out motor. For landing the motor is practical however not if you decide too late to make another landing attempt (see video). No damage in the crash.

The tractor motor pod worked nicely however the setup is pretty noisy due to fairly high RPM and proximity of blades to the canopy.
If I have to buiild a new pod it will be a simpler rear-mounted setup as Juergen Heilig recommended all along, w/ 30g motor CG does not shift that much, batteries all the way in front and just a bit of lead, and it will be fine.
Here I had light 2s 1500mA lipos, half inch from the front of battery bay.

Here's the video and more pics, I will cut a new video for better resolution on youtube, using all the video material (this is taken from only one fligth, the other landings were a lot better :-)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371840

EDIT: Found the time to make one video from all three recorded flights, resolution is also much better on youtube, BUT there's no music on this one (the attachment in the video section sports Dire Straits BROTHERS IN ARMS)

Xeno Gran Canaria Ayagaures Jan 2011 (7 min 32 sec)

cheers from Austria (Gran Canaria in winter is really much nicer)

Clemens
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Last edited by mopetista; Jan 18, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:59 AM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
75 Posts
Didnt read the 65 pages, so anyone can tell if it is possible to put a GoPro HD on a Multiplex Xeno?
Thanks for advice
Papangue is offline Find More Posts by Papangue
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
My other vehicle is unmanned
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
id have to say no you probably could get it on and flying if you lanch it with full power but I think it would be a pig to fly with the extra waight and drag you need a zepher
Cheers
Nick
fpvnick is offline Find More Posts by fpvnick
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvnick View Post
... with the extra waight and drag you need a zepher ...
What's a "zepher"?

Jürgen
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:28 PM
Western Europe 52.7° N 8.9° W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
What's a "zepher"?

Jürgen
here you go ..... I suspect ....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124142
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:06 AM
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
hola
Rauclon is offline Find More Posts by Rauclon
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:15 AM
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
tengo el ala xeno y esoes unpepino volante tego la motorisasion detras ymiekipo es vastante vueno eso esuna vala contra mas peso megor lamia pesa unkilo cien yesta provada con menos peso no va ygual enmiclu ay unas pocas y lamas rapida es lamia dicen ketengo mucho motor y eso kesi sepuede poner el motor detra
Rauclon is offline Find More Posts by Rauclon
Old Jan 30, 2011, 05:08 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
Here you go this is my new wing its a copy of the zeph made by one of the uk fpvers called a stealthwing 54" it has a deep wing core to allow for lots of fpv kit to be imbedded in the wing i am building for fpv maiden in a couple of weeks I hope and later this year hope to have a gopro on it. its good for 100mph and altitudes of up to 3000m and will run on ether 3 or 4 cells with 30 to 45min flight times
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:51 PM
Joined Mar 2007
31 Posts
Hello all,
I'm a complete newb to electrics (glider experience though). I am putting together a Xeno with the Tuner power package. The hobby shop told me it uses a 2S 1300mah battery but it seems that everyone uses 3S batteries. So question is, should I buy 3S 1300 batteries for it? And what is the largest battery that will fit in the stock compartment?

Also, any suggestion on setting up elevon differential and down-trim with throttle?

Oh yea, is this a decent battery for the xeno?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1300-3s1p-40c-3333.html

Thank for all the help!
Much appreciated,
Brian.
BrianPB is offline Find More Posts by BrianPB
Old Feb 05, 2011, 01:28 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPB View Post
The hobby shop told me it uses a 2S 1300mah battery but it seems that everyone uses 3S batteries. So question is, should I buy 3S 1300 batteries for it? And what is the largest battery that will fit in the stock compartment?

Also, any suggestion on setting up elevon differential and down-trim with throttle?
Hi Brian,

Your hobby shop is wrong. Just listen to the MPX catalogue and the instruction manuals.

If your tx does not allow you to program aileron differential, just program your servos for a bit more down than up.

No need for down trim with throttle.

Jürgen
Old Feb 05, 2011, 07:21 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,392 Posts
i was using a 3 cell 2200mah 20-35c lipo and getting 12-14 min flight times at about 25 to 30mph and a bit of flat out flying just make shore it will fit in the plastic centre section its a tight fit. a turnigy 2.2 should work i just got some new ones for my funjet and they were only £13.
i did manage to get a 3000mah 50c lipo in her and this made it fly much faster with more punch but increased landing speeds and the glide angle was not so good. if you where just using it for sloap soring then a 2 cell would be the lightest option for powering rcgear that could be what the model shop was thinking? but 1300mah it a bit overkill for that.
cheers
nick
Last edited by fpvnick; Feb 05, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 05:51 PM
Joined Oct 2009
9 Posts
I fly mine on 3 cell batteries. Got some from HC and 2 original MXP lipo's.
Noticed a substantial difference in RPM between the HC and the MPX ones.
Measuring showed almost a 1000 RMP more on the HC lipo's, as my ears already expected. 1000 to 1300 mAh is enough for some fancy flying and it reduces weight in the front. Also it's a bit easier to fit in. There's not much space in the fuselage to put in some serious power cell. But it flies very nice. Easy when you want, and pretty fast on full throttle.

Willem.
Willem01 is offline Find More Posts by Willem01
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
31 Posts
Great! Thanks for all the information guys. It sounds like the Xeno will run off a nice variety of batteries. The plane is almost ready but I still have to wait a week for the power package I'll do some glide testing in the meantime.

Thanks again!!!
Brian.
BrianPB is offline Find More Posts by BrianPB