HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:46 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
940 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King USA store

Quite a few Hobby King items are now available for USA buyers at much lower postage rates!
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_index.asp
On about the center of the left side of the screen there is a box, "Quick Search". Type in "USA Warehouse" and click "find".
Sorry to say, but it does not stock the HK entire inventory listing, but you may find what you need with cheaper shipping cost.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:26 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Petro View Post
Type in "USA Warehouse" and click "find".
I tried this, it didn't work.

I tried to buy a couple of Vapor bind and fly kits for 64.95 each, as listed. In one place it said that I had 13 grams of weight left, but when I tried to buy them, it said they weighed too much. I clicked the back button and the website wanted to charge me $40 to ship them.

I tried to call the USA number at ~1:15 PM Central Standard time and got no answer.

This website still has a few bugs to work out I think.

Mark
mdennis is offline Find More Posts by mdennis
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:32 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Try just typing "USA". That works for me.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 25, 2009, 02:40 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
940 Posts
If you just type "u", the whole drop down list appears and you can select any of several names for the warehouse.
Ran a test for the Vapor; from the USA warehouse it is $65 + $17 p&h; from China it is $69 + either $17 from the USA warehouse or $21 via priority air.
They are on backorder in China, but there are 143 in stock in the USA warehouse.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Last edited by Jim Petro; Nov 25, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:03 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,473 Posts
Quote:
Quite a few Hobby King items are now available for USA buyers at much lower postage rates!
It found 15 items for me. Considering they likely have 10K+ I am not putting that in "Quite a few". Did I miss some?

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:50 PM
Jody Bradshaw
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,060 Posts
I just noticed one of the items, the Zippy Flight Max 3s1p 2200 pack is 11.00 shipped from HK and 25.00 shipped from the USA Warehouse. I guess the advantage is, you get them a lot quicker. The price is considerably higher, but not out of line with other imports.
JMBRAD is online now Find More Posts by JMBRAD
Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:43 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Nov 2002
1,118 Posts
Quote:
If you just type "u", the whole drop down list appears and you can select any of several names for the warehouse.
Ran a test for the Vapor; from the USA warehouse it is $65 + $17 p&h; from China it is $69 + either $17 from the USA warehouse or $21 via priority air.
They are on backorder in China, but there are 143 in stock in the USA warehouse.
$17 S&H from a warehouse in the USA seems pretty steep to me.
mdennis is offline Find More Posts by mdennis
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:13 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,757 Posts
Ya, could be a little high on S&H.

Note that with the USA listing is also DE. Just a wee bit o' farther away.

Just for the heck of it, I put a small item in the cart and shipping came up as $4.95.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
I bought 10 HXT900's about a month ago and shipping was only $5.00. If you consider the size of the box that even a Vapor or Sukhoi comes in, it would actually cost around $17 to ship based on the dimensions. It seems high but it sounds about right.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
bgb1996
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Racism). It is temporarily hidden while bgb1996 edits it.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:14 PM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
757 Posts
^^^^^^
WOW
The ugly american has wakened
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Last edited by lowkeylaidback; Nov 19, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:33 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1996 View Post
You would be better off buying from another dealer. These Chinese don't really understand what they are sellig or who to. If you have a problem on line support, but I'm not sure what they support. They told me that they cannot answer questions concerning product or technical related questions? They told me to ask advice on their forum. I told them that they needed to look at TOWER HOBBIES SITE AND WHEN THEY SELL SOMETHING THAT WILL NEED OTHER PARTS TO COMPLETE, SHOW THE OTHER PARTS. This should have been business 101, but not to the slant eyed devils.
Like I'm going to pay attention to you. ZERO posts, well one now that you came here only to bash a company and people. Go spout your crap some place else.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:53 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,563 Posts
Heh. Still zero. You don't get credit in the FS/W threads. Just nuther shill account.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:12 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgb1996 View Post
You would be better off buying from another dealer. These Chinese don't really understand what they are sellig or who to. If you have a problem on line support, but I'm not sure what they support. They told me that they cannot answer questions concerning product or technical related questions? They told me to ask advice on their forum. I told them that they needed to look at TOWER HOBBIES SITE AND WHEN THEY SELL SOMETHING THAT WILL NEED OTHER PARTS TO COMPLETE, SHOW THE OTHER PARTS. This should have been business 101, but not to the slant eyed devils.
No Double Happiness for you !!!
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:27 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Heh. Still zero. You don't get credit in the FS/W threads. Just nuther shill account.
True, I forgot about that
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike