HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2010, 11:11 AM
Auxerre, France
Joined Dec 2007
21 Posts
Thanks VI.

I've done more oscillo work last night...

I managed to get the DM8 mod work on an Optic 6 Sport transmitter, by using signal/ground/V+ strainght from the board. On the other hand it didn't work by using the buddy cord signal... is it because i'm using a very simple voltage divider (2 resistors) ?

As i said previously, i managed to get the DM8 mod work on the buddy port of a Multiplex transmitter by using a conversion board i found in the Royal Evo topic...

Any luck any of you could tell me the difference between signal coming out of a Multiplex and a Hitec radio, so i could make my own conversion board...
ben999 is offline Find More Posts by ben999
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2010, 11:39 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
The Hitec trainer would have the PPM inverted, so you would need to use an inverting buffer made from a transistor and a couple components to flip it over. The same conversion board for the multiplex might work on the trainer for the Hitec.

Any luck getting the number of channels output to 8 on the A9? Have you asked Horizon Hobby support if there might be a change to the Spektrum modules that will allow one of them to work with the A9?
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:54 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,688 Posts
This might help get you going:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329604
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Nov 11, 2010, 06:24 PM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
unfortunately not. I just tried the Spektrum module on the A9 and it is not working. I just get the single flash on the module LED as well.
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse
Old Mar 07, 2011, 10:08 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,211 Posts
it look like we need to Modify the Aurora output PPM signal so than the DSM2 modules can understand it.

a Simply Hardware circuit migth be able to MASHED OFF the Last 2 Pulses of Aurora PPM signal, or might need Controller to convert a 10 pulses to 8 pulses.
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Dec 2006
58 Posts
It would be really great, if this would be possible! Then I would finally be able to fly my micro E-Flite UMX Models with my Aurora 9!
Spacemarine is offline Find More Posts by Spacemarine
Old Mar 09, 2011, 08:39 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,211 Posts
I am creating a seperate thread....... its Converting PPM 9 channel to PPM 8 Channel.....

I hate carrying 2 Transmitter in the field......I hate charging 2 transmitter........

Please goto to this links:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403894
Last edited by lazy-b; Mar 09, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 01:37 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Dec 2006
35 Posts
Today I tried to use the Spektrum module DM8 for MZ and DC/DC converter to supply the module voltage of 3.3 volts. In Aurora switched the modulation of PPM/P. Module works fine.
yurip is offline Find More Posts by yurip
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:12 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,211 Posts
Wow....GOOD JOB......Its Great to Know that the DM8 for the Futaba MZ will works on Aurora 9.......Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:02 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Dec 2006
35 Posts
Connect DM8 for FUTABA MZ through the diode, Schottky diode is better as a FrSky http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=31 and pull up RF-module PPM input to 3.3V with 1k resistor. Sorry for poor english.
Last edited by yurip; Apr 01, 2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:20 PM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
791 Posts
Is the DM8 mz module always sold with a receiver? Is there a way to get just the module?
balesse is offline Find More Posts by balesse
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:31 PM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Dec 2006
35 Posts
Possible to buy separately from the receiver, for example http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...S&Category=742
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:03 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,211 Posts
Yurip, from my Understanding , this is how you wire your DM8 to Aurora 9 transmitter....there are only 3 wire connection (PPM,POWER,Ground)

DM8 Module -------------------------------------Aurora 9 transmitter

PPM in --------------------------->!---------------------PPM out
Voltage Supply 3.3 Volts ----------Regulator---------Transmitter Battery Supply 7.2 Volts
DM8 Ground ----------------------------------------Transmitter Ground (Negative)

The ----->!----- is the Schotty Diode

You use a Switching Voltage Regulator to Drop a 7.2 Volts to 3.3 Volts, but I think its difficult to purchase a Switching Regulator, a simpler Linear Voltage Regulator could be use such as LM317 with 2 Resistor.

For Those who do not want to Open Up the Transmitter just to get the Power, Maybe you can use a Sperate Battery to supply the Power to DM8.....you could use a Single Cell Lipoly Battery then use a Low Drop Voltage Regulator to drop it to 3.3 Volts.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 08:29 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Dec 2006
35 Posts
I correct my post #55. Aurora has an PPM amplitude of 5 volts. The module DM8 for FUTABA MZ should receive PPM amplitude of 3.3 volts. The picture below shows the correct connection of Aurora with the module. The Voltage Regulator can be both Switching and Linear.
Last edited by yurip; Apr 04, 2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2011, 06:59 AM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,211 Posts
Yurip, Thanks for your detail Schematic Diagram.......it look like much easier to do the Modification with your Diagram and picture........all I need to is to look for DM8 for Futaba 12mZ.

Just curious, will the DM8 for Futaba 12MZ can work on less than 9 channel ? cause I still have the older FF7, FF8 ?