SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:40 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,809 Posts
+1 I do enough crashing of my own!!

Crashed my Tricopter last weekend. Snapped a couple of arms, but was kind of cool to watch it go in from the cockpit! LOL!!
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:41 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,809 Posts
Ahh the Fox!! Mate - I remember that!

Was it you that did a live broadcast with a bon fire one night?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:46 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
So John, did you say MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY as the tricopter approached the planet?
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:46 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Ahh the Fox!! Mate - I remember that!

Was it you that did a live broadcast with a bon fire one night?
LOL probably!
We flew/broadcasted at Lake Moogera, QLD once which went thru into the night.
The only other time at night was at um... Squirel's property, but no fox that day.

I might fire up the lappy and 3g card at the turf farm this weekend... going by the last few weeks theres sure to be some carnage!
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:49 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson View Post
So John, did you say MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY as the tricopter approached the planet?
Umm... No... not quite!!

It was more like silence as I held my breath watching it go in and then a few words that would not be allowed on here. LOL!!

Still... when you walk away smiling carrying pieces of what use to be a copter, it's all good!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:59 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
LOL nice video n i already know ill crash a few times i already have haha gues that happens when you refuse to buy a trainer and learn to fly with an F18 EDF! :P
jarred1993 is offline Find More Posts by jarred1993
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:09 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Umm... No... not quite!!

It was more like silence as I held my breath watching it go in and then a few words that would not be allowed on here. LOL!!

Still... when you walk away smiling carrying pieces of what use to be a copter, it's all good!!
lol i agree thats what happened when i flew my plane for the very first time i expected to crash, though i was a little more upset that it actually wasn't my fault i got some weird interference and then my controller completely locked up n turned off, anyway i walked away with all the pieces a little angry but had fun putting it all back together :P its all on video lol funnily enough it was friday the 13th when it happened :/
My Starmax F18 Maiden Flight and FAIL when radio gets jammed :( (2 min 27 sec)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:10 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Have you thought about putting a pusher on the F16?
You'll get heaps more air time and you'll have more power to throw around. You'll have to be careful with an EDF, if you need to pull up in a hurry it will come unstuck and takeoff's will be a pain to hand launch.

But hey, 1/2 of the fun is making what YOU want to fly, fly.

LOL at ur vid, I thought it was going in straight away with ur touchy elevator!!
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:12 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
LOL probably!
We flew/broadcasted at Lake Moogera, QLD once which went thru into the night.
The only other time at night was at um... Squirel's property, but no fox that day.

I might fire up the lappy and 3g card at the turf farm this weekend... going by the last few weeks theres sure to be some carnage!
All four of my downed planes are airworthy(ish) again. Will be making an appearance this weekend, addiction needs to be fed.
Gimmer is online now Find More Posts by Gimmer
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:22 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post
All four of my downed planes are airworthy(ish) again. Will be making an appearance this weekend, addiction needs to be fed.
Well if Sunday is looking too windy you keen to go elsewhere on Saturday?
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:27 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
Have you thought about putting a pusher on the F16?
You'll get heaps more air time and you'll have more power to throw around. You'll have to be careful with an EDF, if you need to pull up in a hurry it will come unstuck and takeoff's will be a pain to hand launch.

But hey, 1/2 of the fun is making what YOU want to fly, fly.

LOL at ur vid, I thought it was going in straight away with ur touchy elevator!!
nah im gonna launch it off the ground on its wheels (the F-16) and no way would i make it a pusher yuk! :P i like the sound of the edf and the thrust vectoring its got a ton of power i tested it with the crappy mystery esc i have laying around and got 2.25 kg of thrust at full throttle instantly after it spooled up a little more about 2 seconds it put out 2.32kg of thrust just under half throttle it still puts out something over a 1Kg i think it was about 1100grms the planes weighs about 1.4kg fully loaded with a 3000mah battery and i 1000mah for the camera im going to get a smaller camera battery and also i can fit a 4000mah battery in the battery compartment so i should get decent flight times just crusing around.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:32 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarred1993 View Post
nah im gonna launch it off the ground on its wheels (the F-16) and no way would i make it a pusher yuk! :P i like the sound of the edf and the thrust vectoring its got a ton of power i tested it with the crappy mystery esc i have laying around and got 2.25 kg of thrust at full throttle instantly after it spooled up a little more about 2 seconds it put out 2.32kg of thrust just under half throttle it still puts out something over a 1Kg i think it was about 1100grms the planes weighs about 1.4kg fully loaded with a 3000mah battery and i 1000mah for the camera im going to get a smaller camera battery and also i can fit a 4000mah battery in the battery compartment so i should get decent flight times just crusing around.
Well it can definitely be done!
Not sure if you've seen this vid yet but its from VRflyer, its the nicest EDF FPV setup ive seen. You've got to have seen it already... :P

F-16 FPV (New EDF) (4 min 54 sec)

Mmm the vid reminds me of when RCG was a nice peaceful, helpful forum...
Seems like there's FPV nazis everywhere these days, cant scratch ur ass without someone pointing out ur not allowed
Last edited by chancesAU; Nov 07, 2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Memories...
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:42 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
well that video is AWESOME!! and no i hadent seen it :P thats kinda what im going for minus the cockpit, though i like it i dont need it :P i like the view without it more also i fit the 4000mah in mine snugly so ill have a much longer flight time then that buti need a much better camera when i can afford it...... lol
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:46 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Digital altitude readout in the clip is pretty neat.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:09 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Digital altitude readout in the clip is pretty neat.
its not bad thats for sure