HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2010, 08:52 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stergiopilus View Post
As 900Mhz is used by mobile phones, would it be possible to buy a 900mhz kit, such as the one from Hobbyking (900MHz 800mW - linked below), and run it at a slightly higher frequency? It states in the specifications "Frequency: 0.9G, 0.910G, 0.980G, 1.010G, 1.040G" Is there any issues with running at say 1.040GHz instead?

Or would it be better to use a 1.3GHz system (second link below), which can also run on different frequencies. "1.2/1.3G TX Series:
4-C(4,5,6,7,8,9,H,C)
1.080G 1.120G 1.160G 1.200G
1.240G 1.280G 1.320G 1.360G"

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...CCD_Camera_PAL

http://www.bevrc.com/bev-13g-800mw-p-52.html

I run use 2.4GHz to control the heli, so that rules that out. The only other option is 5.8GHz, but that is more limited with range and not available as easily.
I have been using 900 for a couple of years and was switching off my phone every time I flew as it was trashing my video. About a month ago I changed from Ch1 to CH4 which is 1040MHz, and the phone interference issue disappeared.
I wish I had done it years ago.
So yes, 900 is ok as long as you use the higher frequencies.
I see you are a new poster, Have you had any successful FPV experiences yet?
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:12 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,872 Posts
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Jun 10, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 05:54 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,941 Posts
by the way thanks Kev for the details of the conversion. I'l take a look...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Aug 08, 2010, 05:56 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan089 View Post
this is true...

I asked my question on the assumption that most people probably already own a 36mhz radio and RX and it only costs about $2 dollars to extend an RX antenna.
I had 2.4GHz and was getting lockout at about 300m. Not good for FPV! So for me getting a TLRS was the logical step.
Old Aug 08, 2010, 07:25 PM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
by the way thanks Kev for the details of the conversion. I'l take a look...

No worries .

Cheers, kev.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Aug 08, 2010, 10:56 PM
Flying Monkey
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
Woo Hooo !!

Gee I'm a happy chappy now. I just got my JXD990 back from the manufacturer. It's been gone just on 2 months now and what a process.

I have been out and had a quick run in the plane for lunch and this thing is working awesome. Even better than when I first got it. I checked the firmware that has been installed now and it says in it now that the version :68.65.11.21 and descript:990C_935A_11202

It's working great I did a 36min flight recorded at full res of 720X480 and it worked flawlessly (never worked for more than 10min). So just in case I was wrong I went for another and made sure I got static for a bit and was only 20min long and it worked again no problem. It's fixed!

Finally it's fixed after all the stuffing around it's fixed. The quality of the video playback is even better than when I first got it too. I will do up a video later tonight to show. I'm just happy to finally have it back and it works which is an even better bonus as I thought it would be a case of brick tek. They didn't replace it with a new unit either so I assume that all the trouble I did have was all in the firmware and this new firmware that is installed is great Time will tell if there are any of the other issues I had now.

Just thought I would update you all on what happened to this thing.

Mr_B
8)
//
Mr_B is offline Find More Posts by Mr_B
Old Aug 09, 2010, 02:29 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,890 Posts
Excellent Brendan!
I was thinking about the JDX but wasnt sure. My BR3002 is ok, but I know I can do better.
I might just put one on my shopping list.
Is it firmware upgradeable by the user?
Looking forward to the clips.
How long will it run for on a charge? Can you plug in external battery via charge port to extend the run time? I usually expect 2hrs/day flight recording time.
How long can you record on, say, 2GB card?
Cheers
Frank
Old Aug 09, 2010, 03:11 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,941 Posts
Mr B I'll be VERY interested to see the quality of your video. Mine is quite bad and the sound is a constant issue for me too.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 04:34 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,890 Posts
Im waiting to hear back from a OnVon re the recorder. I asked them if their current stock has the latest firmware version as Brendan noted. Will keep ya posted...
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:04 AM
Flying Monkey
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
Well I have a clip made up from the video today. I'm up to the start of my second Music Video Album http://vimeo.com/album/267117 There isn't any sound recorded as there is no Mike in the plane (He gaInd wAit laSt tiMe I sAw Him) I have worked out that I have to split the video and audio into separate files to be able to edit and then re-encode. The compression is slightly different from the last one as the settings an codec I was using didn't work. I Used MPEG_Stream to pull the video and the software I had could read the original file sound stream only.

The quality isn't all that great as I was flying in Yet Another Easy * that is fitted with the 420TVL camera so as far as detail goes... there is none. When I get the FW out it should be better as that has a 540TVL Camera.

The flight was ruff, there was a breeze of about 10Kph gusting up to 15Kph so the flight was a little how you going over the trees just before I snuck up on the ibis which was landing.

Here's the latest one then.

http://vimeo.com/13997921

Mr_B
8)
//
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:22 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,165 Posts
Mr_B, When you are looking through your goggles is the image better than that?

I might be best to go for the HD cam option
Or is the 540 still good
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:29 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,890 Posts
Looks to me more like poor video reception than poor camera.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:36 AM
Flying Monkey
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Looks to me more like poor video reception than poor camera.

Yeah I would agree with you there. The Aerial on the TX was the wrong one. I had accidentally put on the one for my catalina and it doesn't work as well as it should on the easy *.

I wear my goggles on take off and the image is heaps better in them. The 540 cam is even better. I am hoping it works out just as well with the recordings.

Mr_B
8)
//
Old Aug 09, 2010, 09:17 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,749 Posts
Hello Lads,

I thought I would jump on and let you guys know about the GoPro Cables that I said I would order in.

So I have a bunch on their way, and here is what I am offering...

Basically I am going set them both at a flat $20 each. By the time I ship them here from the USA, it adds a fair bit on top.

What I have done though is configured our shopping cart so that there is a reduced postage costs - because they are small. $6.50 Registered Post. It will allow you to order both cables and still only pay the $6.50.

They should be here in just over a week - so I have listed them for sale now..

http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/index....id=2&Itemid=47

Please let me know if you think that is unreasonable.

Cheers
Mongrel
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2010, 10:05 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,941 Posts
Not to a bastard or anything, but I can buy the 2 cables I want directly from this store in the US and the total cost posted is AU$34.78.

Why is buying from you so much more expensive? I thought that since you'd be ordering in bulk there would be a price saving?