SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:12 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
hpcoolahan's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post
Nice HP,

I have a micro cam and vtx ready to be soldered up for my Ladybird v2 and micro cessna. It's been in the box for weeks, you may have just inspired me to get it done. Have you range tested the Ladybird 2.4? I think the manual said 30 meters.

I have been learning to fly ladybird inside, never flown a quad before, about to change out my third motor

Have flown it outside and had it about 50m away no probs so far.
Orientation is a bi#ch that far away ,,,,,but fpv will be easier
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:32 AM
The Flying Circus
ommadawn's Avatar
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acky View Post
hey ommadawn, convince p-plater to get next weekend off so we can all meet up for a fly
A great plan, but I have to work next weekend. Bugger
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:59 AM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Joined May 2009
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
Ok while ive been buinding my 1900 skywalker ive had this project to do as well.
Walkera Ladybird is going FPV

Here are some pics and the first hop in the loungeroom last night.(to damn windy outside)
http://youtu.be/RLBXZkVN2wM
This ....I like......well done.
....Pete
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:30 AM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Joined May 2009
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Hi Pete, Check out Alex's 65Km flight with his solar assisted QB. Brilliant. Fabulous video quality too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k7sFjc0X8K0
Hi...Frank.
Just watched Alex's QB video...........good job...solar cell's assist...even better.
In a couple weeks I will be able to go flying most nights during the week after work.
I will be staying about 10 minutes from the field and daylight savings is here ....Yahoo.
....Pete
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:38 AM
Look outside the Square
Boxhead's Avatar
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Really nice job HP on the Ladybird. I did my Beetle not to long ago and really enjoy it. From what I have read the Ladybird is better in the wind.

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
thanks man , its actually running directly of the battery (4.2 fully charged)

Ive seen it done with this voltage before and seams to run ok so far.

i got this setup from FPV Hobby
http://fpvhobby.com/102-8ghz-super-combo-set.html

edit ; i think Bevrc or Foxtec have the same module and cameras Too !!!
The spec on the page says 3.3-4.2v so maybe that has been modified by supplier to accept 1s, Bruce put a regulator on his FPV ladybird on the XJET channel so not sure if his was a different module.

My module I have found that does the Fatshark frequencies (end in 0 not 5) is rated 5v so I'll do some testing to see if I need a stepup booster or not. Just need to suss a cam out, looks like they are the most expensive item.
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
Keith
Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
337 Posts
Finally got my antenna tracker working this morning, 5.8 does not play nice with antenna trackers. Not sure if it is due to the narrow beam of my CP directional antenna or that the TX has a built in microphone which may cause issues with the audio stream that the trackers uses to transmit the GPS signal. Seems to work fine my new 1.2GHZ transmitter, had my recorder on which failed (dead battery directly after being on charge all night) as I had no recorded signal which is a bummer because now I have to do another LOS flight to see if the video stream is flyable.

First flight with my new 1900 wing on the Skywalker, can't say I am converted from the 1680 as it seemed a lot more floaty porpoising constantly. Might need to play with COG to get it right as from all reports the 1900 wing will fly on less amps for longer flight times.

Got some payback this morning, just chucked up my AXN and a flock of about 20 Spurwing Plovers invaded the field. Had about 5 minutes of great fun swooping the plovers making them move constantly. Some great pay back for the times I have been swooped by them.
cheers
basadia is offline Find More Posts by basadia
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Grazer's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Finally got my antenna tracker working this morning, 5.8 does not play nice with antenna trackers. Not sure if it is due to the narrow beam of my CP directional antenna or that the TX has a built in microphone which may cause issues with the audio stream that the trackers uses to transmit the GPS signal.
I had some tracker issues initially also, however I had make a rookie mistake. The right audio channel from my camera was drowning out the telemetry pulses. I disconnected right audio at it works flawlessly now. I am using 5.8Ghz VTx and diversity duo Rx. Had it out as far as 3.2kms without a glitch.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 AM
Lowand Fast
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined May 2012
80 Posts
Hi all, great thread. I'm a newbie to FPV, only been flying FPV on the Gold Coast for around 4 months now. I'm totally addicted! Hobbyking is my best friend now. Just about everything is from HK. Running a Bixler with custom running gear. 5.8ghz Immersion tx with cl/spw, Sony 700tvl cam, Nova OSD, Frsky 2.4. Having great success with Immersion RC 5.8ghz 600mw with CL/SPW. 3.6km range without patch isn't bad I reckon . I thought I might try to get some longer distance so I have been stocking up on some items to try. 900mhz 800mw HK tx/rx, 1.3ghz 400mw BEVRC tx/rx, Diversity controller from BEVRC, 900mhz patch antenna and CL/SPW for 900mhz. Not having much luck with any of this tho. 4-500m range with 900mhz and 1m yes 1m range with 1.3ghz lol. I'm using BEVRC diversity and tried different antennas with no change. Also different antennas on TX. I run seperate battery for the tx so power isn't an issue. The video link just cuts out completely when it goes out of range unlike the 5.8 which goes fuzzy first before cutting out. I'm really wanting to get this system working Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction? I also purchased a 1w booster for my Frsky tx from BEVRC which I cannot get more than 50m range with. Everything is connected correctly. It seems that everything I purchased from BEVRC doesn't work. I can get 3.6km range from Frsky with no booster without a glitch. Has anyone had troubles with BEVRC stuff? Very frustrating
JAS3D is offline Find More Posts by JAS3D
Last edited by JAS3D; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
119 Posts
recent flying for those interested
GlideSlope (4 min 48 sec)
marty_mcfly is offline Find More Posts by marty_mcfly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:23 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
hpcoolahan's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
ladybird fpv........it flies

be gentle with me , first quad fpv flight ever hey !!

Walkera Ladybird FPV first flight (4 min 28 sec)
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Grazer's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
X8 Skywalker

Aussie FPV'ers,

About to press the button on a Skywalker X8 for a higher performance alternative ship to my SW 1900mm.

Any last minute advice before I complete the purchase. I am trying to achieve a more agile but also stable platform fully FPV equipped.

Power options are quite varied, so happy to take recommendations on Motor, prop, ESC combinations that are proven.

Grazer
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:43 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
hpcoolahan's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS3D View Post
Hi all, great thread. I'm a newbie to FPV, only been flying FPV on the Gold Coast for around 4 months now. I'm totally addicted! Hobbyking is my best friend now. Just about everything is from HK. Running a Bixler with custom running gear. 5.8ghz Immersion tx with cl/spw, Sony 700tvl cam, Nova OSD, Frsky 2.4. Having great success with Immersion RC 5.8ghz 600mw with CL/SPW. 3.6km range without patch isn't bad I reckon . I thought I might try to get some longer distance so I have been stocking up on some items to try. 900mhz 800mw HK tx/rx, 1.3ghz 400mw BEVRC tx/rx, Diversity controller from BEVRC, 900mhz patch antenna and CL/SPW for 900mhz. Not having much luck with any of this tho. 4-500m range with 900mhz and 1m yes 1m range with 1.3ghz lol. I'm using BEVRC diversity and tried different antennas with no change. Also different antennas on TX. I run seperate battery for the tx so power isn't an issue. The video link just cuts out completely when it goes out of range unlike the 5.8 which goes fuzzy first before cutting out. I'm really wanting to get this system working Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction? I also purchased a 1w booster for my Frsky tx from BEVRC which I cannot get more than 50m range with. Everything is connected correctly. It seems that everything I purchased from BEVRC doesn't work. I can get 3.6km range from Frsky with no booster without a glitch. Has anyone had troubles with BEVRC stuff? Very frustrating
Ok for starters dont blame the BEVRC stuff , because it will be working ok , its your setup thats the problem.
900mhz and FrSky dont play well together , i know , been there, tried it.
And the booster will only make the situation worse.
The booster only swamps the video link with noise (at the groundstation), and the video TX in the plane will swamp the FrSky reciever in the plane.
You can try some low pass filters on the VTX on the plane and put a high pass filter on your FrSky and booster setup to reduce noise in your setup.

Do a little research on RF frequencies and a little thing called frequency harmonics , thats VERRY important in this hobby.

Also get as much seperation physically between your video transmitter and the rc reciever on the plane , it will help.
Can you post some pics of your setup to giv us an idea of position of your stuff on the plane.??
good luck
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:48 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
hpcoolahan's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Aussie FPV'ers,

About to press the button on a Skywalker X8 for a higher performance alternative ship to my SW 1900mm.

Any last minute advice before I complete the purchase. I am trying to achieve a more agile but also stable platform fully FPV equipped.

Power options are quite varied, so happy to take recommendations on Motor, prop, ESC combinations that are proven.

Grazer
Theres a good read over here on the X8
might answer some questions for you

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....X8-Black-beast!
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:59 AM
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
3,354 Posts
2.4ghz isn't a harmonic of 900mhz.

Will be just the front end of the reciever being overloaded
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 8171 Today 10:28 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 03:08 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 167 Mar 24, 2012 07:31 AM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 01:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM