Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:20 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
its in the main fotum in last ten pages id say or check in my last 20 comments ...im lazy to search hah...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624245
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Last edited by vvV FANG Vvv; Apr 09, 2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624245
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:50 AM
thats Mr dutch to you
Australia, NSW, Jeremadra
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
sweet fang thanks just looking this may be the answer to my problem instead of trying to track down another jr dx9 to fit the uhf gear to ill fit the 2.4g receiver onto this with the uhf transmiter on other side, looks like its only $100 bucks or so. hopefully it works

anyone have a thought about this?
dutch jones is offline Find More Posts by dutch jones
Last edited by dutch jones; Apr 09, 2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:29 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
I think theres a few locations in oz where these happen ....it has to be the ultimate oz fpv ride ....i think one happens in SA ....might suit you omma !

http://www.dropbears.com/m/morning_glory/
I have a different kind of Morning Glory..its got bugger all to do with flying
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:44 AM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
I think theres a few locations in oz where these happen ....it has to be the ultimate oz fpv ride ....i think one happens in SA ....might suit you omma !

http://www.dropbears.com/m/morning_glory/

I was flying off the slope at Bondi a couple of years ago, and there was happening there, from the coast to the horizon.Very cool thing to see. But it was in the afternoon not in the morning, so dose that make it an evening glory?
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:00 AM
Climbing the learning curve!
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jan 2011
310 Posts
Hey guys! Just to change the topic (I'm good at that!) I was thinking of building a tricopter from the ground up using something like this:

http://www.rcexplorer.se/Educational.../triguide.html

It will be my first foray into multicopters and was looking at this control board:

HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V2.1 (Atmega168PA)

.. then flashing it to suit tricopter control. For a multicopter newbie, is a tri a good place to start considering also I am on a budget (less parts to buy)? I'm assuming more motors = greater stability and lift capability?

I'm about to search around for a good resource on some of the basics behind it as all I really know at this stage is that on a multi with even number of motors, the opposing sides motors spin the same way and alternate the torque effect. Whereas on a tri, the rear one needs a servo.. Each arm also needs a gyro along the pitch axis + one central for the yaw?

Curious
Friar Fnord is offline Find More Posts by Friar Fnord
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:01 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch jones View Post
sweet fang thanks just looking this may be the answer to my problem instead of trying to track down another jr dx9 to fit the uhf gear to ill fit the 2.4g receiver onto this with the uhf transmiter on other side, looks like its only $100 bucks or so. hopefully it works

anyone have a thought about this?
Yah no worries man ...

Er9X For life! I even have the tatt!
Just changed my start screen now to this! Haha kinda spun my mates out when i said it now uses the Android 4.0 Os !
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
What Bands can i use in Aus?

Hi all,,
I have been reading all over the place in search for what freek-Bands i can use here in sydney-Aus apart from 2.4 etc..
i see fpv kits that go from 900mhz to 5.8ghz..

as i use a Dx8 it runs on 2.4 etc etc..i know all this bit ..so i will get a immersion Uhf 433 and diverity UHf reciver in the plane (Sky Surfer) hang a clover leaf of the plane and a 5.8ghz stub antenna,,should give me 1-3 k i am thinking ..
i have land near Gouldburn 30k in land from it,,so interferance etc would be small or none..
but for video etc,,can somebody please tell me what bands i can use here in aus
900mzh?
are there any probs with using the above bands here?????

as i read and as we all 5.8 is the way to go if you use a 2.4 trans.
but there are heaps or 2.4-systems out there cheap and with heaps of power.
and 5.8-systems are like 600mw ..i cant seem to find anything higher then that in 5.8 that i dont have to take a second morg out on the house to pay for it that is.
thankyou all,,i will post a pic or 2 if i can here soon..
-Karl -Sydney
onkelz is offline Find More Posts by onkelz
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:26 PM
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Joined Sep 2008
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch jones View Post
omg beautiful day here in batemans bay and i cant find anyone to fly with grrrrr.
Nice coast - we used to live down there. Once flew at Moruya Heads beach (low level). Yep, wish we were there again to fly with you.
RobJCook is offline Find More Posts by RobJCook
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:02 PM
Keith
Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
337 Posts
I have been playing with multi rotors over the last 18 months and have just found what works for me. I have used the KK board, Multiwii board and I have now settled on the APM2 as the preferred multi rotor control system.
I initially built the RCExplorer Tri and have now moved onto a quad as I have found they are a bit more stable because of the extra motor and the yaw is controlled by counter rotating props which gets rid of the extra servo at the back.
The frame I am now using is the X525 picked up from Ebay for just under $40, you can get a set of props (10x4.5) for under $4 from Ebay as well. Get yourself some 18 amp Turnigy Plush ESC's as well, they work a treat.
Hope this helps.
cheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fnord View Post
Hey guys! Just to change the topic (I'm good at that!) I was thinking of building a tricopter from the ground up using something like this:

It will be my first foray into multicopters and was looking at this control board:

.. then flashing it to suit tricopter control. For a multicopter newbie, is a tri a good place to start considering also I am on a budget (less parts to buy)? I'm assuming more motors = greater stability and lift capability?

I'm about to search around for a good resource on some of the basics behind it as all I really know at this stage is that on a multi with even number of motors, the opposing sides motors spin the same way and alternate the torque effect. Whereas on a tri, the rear one needs a servo.. Each arm also needs a gyro along the pitch axis + one central for the yaw?

Curious
basadia is offline Find More Posts by basadia
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:16 PM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
Finally time and place overlapped and I had a chance to FPV the Zephyr II while camping over Easter. Still using a small omni on vrx, looking forward to the RV Tracker arriving.

This was the maiden FPV flight so the video is quite boring just doing basic circuits at altitude to get a bit of stick time/confidence going.

Macattaka is offline Find More Posts by Macattaka
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:36 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fnord View Post

Curious
I looked for a long time but decided on a quad after checking out the tricopters. I see basadia has also advised to get a quad. At a guess if you get a tri I think it will not be long before you get a quad.

I bought this one and if you see the link you will see how strong it is with all the bricks on it.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/kk-x525-a...lticoptor.html

They also recommend the motors, ESCs and props so that leaves the controller.

If you go with the cheap controllers you may not be happy with them for long. I got this one - FF Controller and I got it flying great fairly quickly:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/free-flig...on-sensor.html

It is a auto Balance Controller which the cheaper ones are not. It has gyros as well as accelerometers which just keeps it level and helps a LOT.
All the info is here and you can ask any questions and someone will help you:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...opter&page=184

Now that I have just ordered a mini quad I now want a better controller with GPS and and a baro to hold height. I am considering the Rabbit controller by goodluckbuy.com but If anyone can suggest a better one that would be great. I am looking for a simple one to set up as spending too much time on one is a problem for me.
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,311 Posts
Good luck buying from goodluckbuy....

Bought a quad frame Over 3 weeks ago from them , have not sent it...Wont answer emails....
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:15 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
Good luck buying from goodluckbuy....

Bought a quad frame Over 3 weeks ago from them , have not sent it...Wont answer emails....
Yep - they are not quick but they seem to answer Skype. I suppose Skype text. I suspect they are selling more than what they expected and having trouble keeping up with everything. HK initially had the same problem.

Always look on EBay first and sometimes the items are there at the same price but mostly dearer.
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:16 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,459 Posts
Bit of a long shot but, does anyone have a fatshark lipo they can sell me ? Happy to pay new price.. My died and I need one urgently. Many thanks please pm me if you can help :-(
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:47 AM
thats Mr dutch to you
Australia, NSW, Jeremadra
Joined Mar 2011
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Bit of a long shot but, does anyone have a fatshark lipo they can sell me ? Happy to pay new price.. My died and I need one urgently. Many thanks please pm me if you can help :-(
cant you just use a 3 cell lipo, thats what mine runs off.
dutch jones is offline Find More Posts by dutch jones