HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
I'm running a SPW and a RHCP 5.8g patch on diversity and for the brief minutes it was all working it was crystal clear! I like the omni for above, behind and to my sides and the patch for directly out front with its 70 degree area. The patch I got from readymaderc and they are made especially for FPV.
hey what was the underwater range like?
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:36 PM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,095 Posts
Ha!
narcas is online now Find More Posts by narcas
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,819 Posts
Still nowhere near as good as Narcas last joke at my expense!!

But pretty good none the less!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Ha!
hey mate, hows things?
here are my build progressive pics on the Off the Edge FPV wing..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352875

really impressed with this wing, cant wait to fly her!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:36 PM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmaniac View Post
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of getting one of the 16" kogan screens and had an idea to be able to record to the pvr using one of these rf modulators.
http://dicksmith.com.au/product/L150...-modulator.jsp
I just talked to a salesman in DSE and he said it should work, could be worth a go?
I have no idea what the quality would be like if it does work though.

Chris.
Great Idea Chris
Should work
I guess the tuner will recognise the input as a DTV station?

Pete
Forrest12 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest12
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
Breaker of Stuff
Australia, TAS, Somerset
Joined Feb 2004
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest12 View Post
Great Idea Chris
Should work
I guess the tuner will recognise the input as a DTV station?

Pete
Yep in theory anyway.
Hopefully the video wouldn't loose any quality or get lines etc. through it doing it this way. Might have to give it a go if I get one of those screens, it would make for a cheap way of recording and should be high quality.

Chris.
Tasmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Tasmaniac
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:01 AM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmaniac View Post
Yep in theory anyway.
Hopefully the video wouldn't loose any quality or get lines etc. through it doing it this way. Might have to give it a go if I get one of those screens, it would make for a cheap way of recording and should be high quality.

Chris.
I got one of the 16"Kogan's and they are awesome!
No blue screen, stays online when video feed is interupted.
Its power consumption with the contrast up high for flying outdoors is
1100 mah from a 3s battery exactly with sound on half way.

Pete
Forrest12 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest12
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:08 AM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
hey mate, hows things?
here are my build progressive pics on the Off the Edge FPV wing..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=352875

really impressed with this wing, cant wait to fly her!
Looking good mate. Good idea too bringing the motor forward. You shouldn't need as much balance weight. Those cavities are very neat as well. Dremeled?

I got hold of that HK FPV 168 I mentioned which just looks like a glass SW. I'm procuring a motor for it now and if DL or RL ever come back into stock I'll have control .
I also made up a patch for my 1.2G 800mW set so I should be able to keep up with you.

Your SW has a 3536/1400 in it right? Thinking I might need to go to a 3542/1250.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Looking good mate. Good idea too bringing the motor forward. You shouldn't need as much balance weight. Those cavities are very neat as well. Dremeled?

I got hold of that HK FPV 168 I mentioned which just looks like a glass SW. I'm procuring a motor for it now and if DL or RL ever come back into stock I'll have control .
I also made up a patch for my 1.2G 800mW set so I should be able to keep up with you.

Your SW has a 3536/1400 in it right? Thinking I might need to go to a 3542/1250.
yeah i cut them first and them dremmelled them out. came up nicely.
yeah 3536 / 1400 i have on the SW. i've heard the AUW of those glass skywalkers are between 2.5 and 3kg, so you might be onto somethign with a bigger engine. i'd go 4s as well.
is your new patch linear or circular?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:28 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Very Nice Pete. No tape as yet......Mmmmmmmm . Looking forward to seeing it in the air. Nice dremel work mate. I see TS is still copping it over the the Bulli Dash & Splash....

Hey Narcas what 1.2 are you using by the way. I'm waiting on RL to come back into stock which I have read is about the 10/3 . I think there still is a bit of beta testing being done before Sid puts it back on the shelf.

33C here at the moment , Palm Trees are swaying and I'm sipping a cool one over looking the Pacific with sand between my toes.... I WISH

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:41 AM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,095 Posts
Box, I got the Sunsky one (cheap ). I also soldered on some tails to the RSS pins so I can tune my Crazy Vee

Pete, yep was thinking 4S too and the patch design is dog-eared for CP but apparently it didn't work. If you do try a cloverleaf on yours I might see if I can pick up your vid with my patch and compare it with your signal.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:48 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
461 Posts
Yep..I bought one of those Sunski recorders

...still waiting for it to arrive...meanwhile, I bought one of those "got to have" cameras from
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr....8mm-lens.html

It arrived yesterday, guess what, it's NTSC
Anyway, their online help desk is superb...so, mebbe in another couple of weeks I might have all the bits & order a Bixler......
muduck is offline Find More Posts by muduck
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:24 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Hi Muduck. Mate I ordered one as well. Still waiting on it but it says in the Specs that it is Pal/Ntsc. Mmmmmm interesting.

I rechecked.

Oopppppssss I buggered up. This is the one I ordered. Sorry .......http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...-Menu-DNR.html

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Last edited by Boxhead; Feb 29, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
he usually send you pal or ntsc based on your region (he has both). so unless you ask for ntsc, he should send you pal..

oh and... how are ya mate!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:54 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
he usually send you pal or ntsc based on your region (he has both). so unless you ask for ntsc, he should send you pal..

oh and... how are ya mate!
Yea..that's the one I ordered while in Bangkok..arrived yesterday..bloody NTSC..anyway, the aftersales service with an online rep was superb....I posted it back this morning, emailed them the receipt.
HOW AM I?..bloody pissed off...the only way to get online is with a single new Telstra tower which went on the blink at 3am this morning...I spent 45minutes with this O.S. cretin explaing it was the Tower that was stuffed, not dust/battery/Sim card.....JEEZUS I hate Telstra, & that *ickhead Turnbull who wants to eliminate the nu Broadband...If you live in the country you're *ooted....
Anyway, I'm currently uploading a nu vid taken on the Weekend when I tried for a nu distance to my mate Max's Farm..should be ready in a few minutes..
muduck is offline Find More Posts by muduck