HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muduck View Post
Scared the hell out of me, first time that's happened....on reflection it must have been failsafe, but why would it have jittered the cam servo...it is run independent of the controls..has it's own channel...
did u have failsafe set on your RC RX? I use futaba and always have failsafe set to rth at 65% throt. so as soon as it kicks in, i can see it kicking over to rth on the screen. i also notice my cam twitching from side to side.
there are only 2 things i have not replaced.. 1 = FY21AP/1170 and 2. the way i power my RC TX. I use 12v battery on my futaba as well as my previous radio (turnigy 9x on ER)
i wouldn't have thought it could be a 21ap issue, because its secondary, but who the heck knows...
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
First FPV flights - Tassie

My second FPV flight. Flying at Corra Lyn just out of Launceston.
Im flying a bixler using the sky-rf 5.8GHz 200mW vtx/rx, PZ0420 camera from SC2000 and a pair of cloverleaf antennas I built.
Im very very happy with my setup!

Bixler FPV at Corra Lyn - second flight (4 min 44 sec)
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:37 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
A quick cut together of the highlights of some flights today. I was enjoying a non-powered thermal ride when I spotted an eagle flying next to me.

http://vimeo.com/37456766

It was an amazing feeling until he decided he didn't want to share his airspace and attacked my camera! He tore out some foam and dislodged my camera pod. Lucky I decided to put a rubber band around it - it held the pod on at 45 degrees. I bugged out and landed safely...
I forgot to add a couple of photos I took of the camera pod after I landed. This is what the eagle did - bent the antenna and gave me a skewed ride home!
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
Australia, VIC, Canterbury
Joined Nov 2003
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
I forgot to add a couple of photos I took of the camera pod after I landed. This is what the eagle did - bent the antenna and gave me a skewed ride home!

you came very close to flying that eagle by FPV, ha ha
SSM is online now Find More Posts by SSM
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Has anyone used a tv with a PVR for FPV? This 16in one from Kogan looks the goods!
12v, PVR, HD, and cheap! Opinions? I would prefer this to a laptop, much more reliable.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
I've enquired about it. The PVR only works for digital TV. I'm still planning on ordering one soon though.
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:11 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
I've enquired about it. The PVR only works for digital TV. I'm still planning on ordering one soon though.
So no recording of AV input? Oh well, would still be good. Do you know if any of their other 12V tv's can do this?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
So no recording of AV input? Oh well, would still be good. Do you know if any of their other 12V tv's can do this?
That's what I've been told via email by a rep. No idea about the others. At $99 for a 16" screen, it's still good value.
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
That's what I've been told via email by a rep. No idea about the others. At $99 for a 16" screen, it's still good value.
Especially for an LED screen too! I spose power draw would be low too, so should run for a long time off a car battery. Maybe even a larger capacity 3s lipo?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:55 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Its average consumption is 25W, so about 2A, easily get a good amount of time from a lipo!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:15 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Has anyone used a tv with a PVR for FPV? This 16in one from Kogan looks the goods!
12v, PVR, HD, and cheap! Opinions? I would prefer this to a laptop, much more reliable.

24 inch kogan. Its true the PVR doesnt work with AV unfortunately. Great picture quality. We ran it off a 3 cell lipo. Next time we will test a 19 inch too and measure the amp draw plus test for static/blue screen issues.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:24 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,861 Posts
I just put the 'fun' back into my funjet - 900+ watts of pure fpv madness!!!

Quite an easy job to fit all the fpv gear inside the fuse. This one doesnt have rth or autopilot so i pray for clean video before each flight. Only issue is the range with Frsky. Im getting a few beeps less than 500m away so this one might have to switch over to dragon link.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
Breaker of Stuff
Australia, TAS, Somerset
Joined Feb 2004
610 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of getting one of the 16" kogan screens and had an idea to be able to record to the pvr using one of these rf modulators.
http://dicksmith.com.au/product/L150...-modulator.jsp
I just talked to a salesman in DSE and he said it should work, could be worth a go?
I have no idea what the quality would be like if it does work though.

Chris.
Tasmaniac is offline Find More Posts by Tasmaniac
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:04 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
AnyOne here using FrSky? I have just got my module and 2 D8RII rx's and want to know what I'm supposed to do with the jumper pins.

Cheers!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
AnyOne here using FrSky? I have just got my module and 2 D8RII rx's and want to know what I'm supposed to do with the jumper pins.

Cheers!
Always good to read the manual

http://frsky-rc.com/download.asp