HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post

The tracking info says someone called P Ackland signed for it. So pissed off. So now I will have to do all of the legwork and complain to Australia Post and ESM and try to get them to pay for a replacement. Fat chance. As you all know the Chinese put drastically reduced values on the shipping documents to avoid tax. So even if one of the companies does decide to pay, then I can't imagine them paying any more than the declared value, which was probably something like $30.

Totally gutted.... oh, and blind...
Blind is good, still recovering from Aust day myself

I wonder how many P Auklands work for Aust post? Funny thing, I had the same happen but it was a $5.00 servo lead sent express post, they said it was signed for.

It turned up in the mail 2 weeks later.

I think their record keeping can be a bit suspect (or creative), we can only hope in this case it turns up.
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly View Post
Hi all,

I think I've got the Skyfun dialed in now, still 'umming and arghing' over best lens camera combo but either way... As Mavrick would say....

"I have a need... The need for SPEEED!"

Conditions were 'a little' on the windy side

http://vimeo.com/35726488

Enjoy

WO
I was witness to witness only's flight and that was one hair raising adventure. Full throttle high risk very entertaining. To me that video doesnt look as smooth compared to what we were watching on the lcd...
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Jan 27, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,946 Posts
Yeah well that WOULD be nice. Wishful thinking perhaps...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davico View Post
Hi Narcas,

Got any pics of your FPV wing?
Last I spoke to OTE they hadn't found a good motor-mount to sell with their wings. What did you use on yours?

I'm looking for an FPV wing, probably not 60" though, somewhere in between 48 and 60 would be good for portability, I think OTE were talking of making a kit around 52-54"?

Dave
I just measured it Dave and it is only 56" span. I wouldn't go any smaller. It flew nicely and was really well behaved. I weighed my setup at 1.6kg but feels like it will carry a lot more. The root chord is long too. Have a look at Gree's wing to compare.

I just made up a wedge from 2mm ply epoxied together and taped over for a motor mount. I put some cable tie mounts on the underside to spread the load and self tappers through into the mount. I don't understand why a mount would hold you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly
hey Narcas, why do u say you would cover with laminate, did u get heat shrink cover damage on landing? - is it for longevity reasons? i get my laminate from sign makers, where do u get yours? i've ping'd Zipper to get a price and specs

sorry mate, can you also show us your set up specs.. battery, motor (new), esc, auw, etc. would be really helpful ;-) i'll be interested to see if i can get a 5k3s in it, combined with a 3536 SK3...
I've never used lam film myself but I have seen a wing covered with it. I havent got any damage on mine yet but the lam film is way tougher.

Spec now;

Batt (power) 3s 2200
Batt (vid+Rx) 3s 1500
ESC Tower Pro 25A
Motor DT750
Prop 10x4.7 fixed
Weight 1.6kg

Spec new;

Batt (power) 3s 2200 x 2
Batt (vid+Rx) 3s 1500
ESC Turnigy Plush 40A
Motor NTM 3530
Prop 9.5x8 folding (plus some others to try)
Weight 2.0kg+

The new motor will be heavier so I hope some more battery will balance that out. The wing thickness at the root is nearly 50mm so you could fit almost anything in there.
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
I just measured it....
thanks Narcas..

i just ordered one ;-)

also repaired my two slopers this morning.. hope the wind is good at otford this arvo!!! cause i'm hanging out for a slope fix ;-)
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
thanks Narcas..

i just ordered one ;-)

also repaired my two slopers this morning.. hope the wind is good at otford this arvo!!! cause i'm hanging out for a slope fix ;-)
hey by the way, did you reinforce your trailing edges before you put the elevons on? they seemed very firm and stiff when i picked it up the other day?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 07:44 PM
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,177 Posts
Nah I didn't bother with a drag spar. It's only fibre taped under the covering.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:10 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
thanks Narcas..

i just ordered one ;-)

Geez, you really are preparing early for our 3 chicks mission! I'll need to up the motor on my zagi if I'll want it to carry FPV gear!

And btw, eagle tree have asked for my osd back so they can either repair or replace it. I ordered another one so I can get in the air quicker, so when the broken one is back ill either use it on another build ( zagi perhaps ) or sell it.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
or sell it.
Yeah well, i'll be waitin'
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Yeah well, i'll be waitin'
watch out mate, he probably went surfing with it....

;-)
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Geez, you really are preparing early for our 3 chicks mission! I'll need to up the motor on my zagi if I'll want it to carry FPV gear!

And btw, eagle tree have asked for my osd back so they can either repair or replace it. I ordered another one so I can get in the air quicker, so when the broken one is back ill either use it on another build ( zagi perhaps ) or sell it.
noice..

the wing will be a while off. i am gona take my time with this build... i screwed up my last powered wing build.. not gona do it to this one..
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
watch out mate, he probably went surfing with it....

;-)
Baaaahahahha im never gonna live down my surfing trip am i?? lol
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,825 Posts
TS, you flying Hammo tomorrow?
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:56 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
noice..

the wing will be a while off. i am gona take my time with this build... i screwed up my last powered wing build.. not gona do it to this one..
Did you buy the Scorpion from OTE? Cause ive had a look and its only 48" span. Where do you get one thats 56"?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,177 Posts
Same place but it won't be on their site. PM ZIPPER for details.