HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Thanks gents..

Thanks gents.. had a gr8 time

Back to work on Monday for me unfortunately...

FPV'n Around - Three... (4 min 43 sec)

PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:08 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Very Nice Pete . Worth waiting for.

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead View Post
Worth waiting for.
Pffft! Like we had a choice

Nice vid Pete. My next round of spending is pretty much your fault.
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Easyglider build

Ok heres some pics of my Easyglider, and as i said before it sure isnt pretty!

It had it's first crash on maiden, and the nose was all crumpled in, i since straightened it and fiberglassed it after the hot water massage therapy tends to leave the foam a bit spongy.

I did some work on the wings, like filling the mold holes with epoxy/microballooons and fixing the mis-aligned spar tube cover so its nice and flat. Like the tail servos i made my own extensions for the aileron servos by soldering in twisted wire ... no chance of extension cords becoming unplugged ... one less candidate for Mr Murphy!

You will see with the servos in the tail i could huck out some more foam up the front so things would fit!
I put the rx, osd pro, altimeter, and eloggoerv4 all in the canopy, and i have the esc glued to the bottom of the cockpit area. This way when i take the canopy off i can push and pull the batteries in without getting tangled in wires. I did have a session with the new crimper pliers cutting wires down so I could tidy the cockpit area up a bit more and get the canopy on easier ... not that it looks tidy now ... but before it was even messier!
The esc is a turnigy plush 60amp one ... and its overkill on 3s but maybe needed for 4s .. i hoped the overkill esc would also reduce some heat up the front.

The canopy lugs broke so i have been securing the canopy with insulation tape .... would really like a better solution for this .... but its secure!

I ran the wires for the tail servos up through the top of the wing saddle and used the side channels to run the wires back for the vidtx and also the CL antenna. I may change this and put the CL UHF antenna out on the wing to get it away from the vtx.
The vtx has a big heatsink added, mainly because of the time it takes to secure the lid down on a hot summers day ... it stays very cool now.

The inverted V looks a bit odd with the cork ... i was kinda shocked to see it ... didnt look too aerodynamic ... but a mate made it for me so beggers cant be choosers lol. It is being replaced soon by one made with mig wire instead of the guitar string ... but this first test model has worked awesome!

There is also a pic of the patch antenna my mate also made ... again not traditional but tuned to perfection and works a treat! Now all the coax and plugs have arrived this will soon be replaced aswell with maybe a helical or a yagi.

I was nearly going to put the camera post in the canopy but thought it might have been a bit too flexy there... plus with all the radio gear under the canopy it wouldnt have worked.

I wasnt sure how to attach the camera to a stick ... so i ended up using one of these stick mounts and a bit of cf tube.
It can be extended higher up the tube and detached fairly quick. I also did some mods to the HK pan and tilt thing, some cf added near the bottom joints to stop flex and some o-rings added to the tilt swivel to cut all the wobble out.

The cf tube was originally hot glued in, now it is secured with a fiberglass/microballoons mix and a couple of 2cm long bits of cf tube near the base to help stop sideway flex ... and its now as solid as a rock.

The RF Beacon is just taped to the top of the wing saddle, i plan to relocate it and burry it into the foam somewhere.

Um yeah thats probably about it ... again it could be slicker .. that might happen with a new fuse.... but it's working well!!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Last edited by vvV FANG Vvv; Jan 20, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
By the way Narcas, that ragged shaft has been in the family for years and its still stiff . As for spending Yep its Pete's fault.

Very Nice Bud, ooooppppppps Fang.

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:08 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
AP_OZ is offline Find More Posts by AP_OZ
Last edited by AP_OZ; Jan 28, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:09 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
lol bud is still fine Box and could you PM me your address Box so i can send your stuff back. Also do you still have the EGP fuse about?
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:47 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Did you other guys notice the flyby without permission of Airport Teamsherman? I did tell him the patern was full...damn maverick pilot!! lol
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:51 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_OZ View Post
What makes you say that? I'd have to disagree about dragonlink. It transmits on a very high power setting and swamps everything around it. Chainlink / rangelink has selectable power settings which if far better IMO.
All i have is that Pete and myself couldnt fly 2 Rangelinks yesterday due to interference between us, even after Advance binding more than once.

But alone, i think its a great system, easy as pie to use and from what ive seen (i havent pushed mine out that far yet) from Pete's flights it works really well.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Last edited by AP_OZ; Jan 28, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
can someone link a good camera ? I dont wanna use a GoPro at this stage. Also a good pan and Tilt please

Cheers
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:18 PM
disenfranchised...
Joined May 2010
1,394 Posts
Last edited by AP_OZ; Jan 28, 2012 at 05:56 PM.