Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:57 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
hey Frank

my DVDr has decided to burn corrupt data, cant play back or edit- any ideas?
i might try burning write-only discs, and pick up a cd lense cleaner...
Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear about the burner issue. I havent had anything go wrong with mine so far. Have you tried running it off the 240v supply?
I noticed mine sometimes does dumb stuff when its on the lipo pak. It wouldnt erase or format for me until I hooked it up to the wall transformer. Then it was happy again.
Maybe try a different brand of disk?
If it only works with write only then thats still ok as they are cheap enough to throw away anyway.
Let us know if its cactus, or if you find a fix mate,
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2011
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_OZ View Post
You know Robbie makes spectrum modules for futaba radios?
I have a DSM2 module for my 14mz. But as I have a dx8 I just grab the dx8 lol. So far no one has made a worthwhile offer on my dx8
htran is offline Find More Posts by htran
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:00 PM
Australia, NSW, Bungendore
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Rmilec Advice

Hi guys. I have just started to use a rmilec system and although I gave a good distance between my rmilec tx and 900 video receiver (5m extension) and a filter on my control tx my video now drops out at 1k.
With a Frsky same video set up has been to 4 k.
Any ideas how I can fix it. Anyone also using the rmilec. I thought a shorter quarter wave antenna on the tx may help.
Gets kind of exciting when you loose video with no RTH.
Thanks
John
john1196 is offline Find More Posts by john1196
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:30 AM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,825 Posts
John, what video do you have? Can you describe your set-up, take photos of it? May help define some solutions. I thought 900mhz was not so successful in Australia due to our mobile phones in this band??

Only suggestion I have is that 900mhz is not a good match with the 400-470mhz UHF (harmonic issues), you may have to try 1.2G Video? I don't have a Rmilec system but the reason I'm interested is I like the Rmilec module set-up and want one myself, like to see this resolved.
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Last edited by Peril; Jan 01, 2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:26 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,969 Posts
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Jun 10, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:48 AM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
Australia, VIC, Canterbury
Joined Nov 2003
1,235 Posts
First TriCopter FPV flight

Hi guys,

It's a pretty ordinary video - but it records my very first FPV flight on the Tricopter. I've lots to do to improve the quality. It was recorded on a keychain cam and shows lots of Jello. But it went up and down in one piece.

On New Years Day - hooray!! ..Now I can FPV all the year round ...

Simon

FPV Copter (2 min 42 sec)
SSM is online now Find More Posts by SSM
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:40 AM
Australia, NSW, Bungendore
Joined Mar 2009
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
John, what video do you have? Can you describe your set-up, take photos of it? May help define some solutions. I thought 900mhz was not so successful in Australia due to our mobile phones in this band??

Only suggestion I have is that 900mhz is not a good match with the 400-470mhz UHF (harmonic issues), you may have to try 1.2G Video? I don't have a Rmilec system but the reason I'm interested is I like the Rmilec module set-up and want one myself, like to see this resolved.

I cant remember where I bought the video tx but it is not a cheap hobby king one. It was from BEVRC or Range Video I think. It is 800mw. Also, I have been 4K with it with a FRSKY radio which was what ran out of range at 4K, not the video tx.

I have managed to hack into the RSSI voltage of my video rx this afternoon and the RSSI does drop (or rise, lover voltage the better the reception) when I turn on the Rmilec.

Good tip about 900mhz not being the best with 400-470. I do have a 1.3 Hobby King 1500mw video I can play with so I will do some trials next weekend comparing them on the ground and checking separation etc. The 1,3 seemed to interfere with the FRSKY so it may be fine with the Rmilec. I dont have RSSI on the control rx so don't want to loose control due to the video interfering with no RTH. I can monitor it during ground testing though so should be able to see the effect of turning on the video tx.

Perhaps a smaller Rmilec antenna will help the video whilst still giving good range.

Thanks

John
john1196 is offline Find More Posts by john1196
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
FPV Coastal Style

Anyone FPV'n near Callala Beach, Nowra, Vincentia etc?

I will be doing a few flights down there over the next week or so. Company always welcome at a Callala Beach site i have found. Local knowledge on other site's would be great.. ;-)

actually i would love to find a nice FPV slope soaring site ;-) [if anyone knows of one?]

PM me..
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Jan 2011
573 Posts
Isn't it illegal to broadcast video over 900mhz in Australia?

Maybe u should switch to 2.4 or 5.8 for video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1196 View Post
Hi guys. I have just started to use a rmilec system and although I gave a good distance between my rmilec tx and 900 video receiver (5m extension) and a filter on my control tx my video now drops out at 1k.
With a Frsky same video set up has been to 4 k.
Any ideas how I can fix it. Anyone also using the rmilec. I thought a shorter quarter wave antenna on the tx may help.
Gets kind of exciting when you loose video with no RTH.
Thanks
John
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:34 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
Anyone FPV'n near Callala Beach, Nowra, Vincentia etc?

I will be doing a few flights down there over the next week or so. Company always welcome at a Callala Beach site i have found. Local knowledge on other site's would be great.. ;-)

actually i would love to find a nice FPV slope soaring site ;-) [if anyone knows of one?]

PM me..
Its a bit of a drive, but Stanwell Park is the greatest coastal slope soaring site in NSW. The place is usually infested with hangies.
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htran View Post
Isn't it illegal to broadcast video over 900mhz in Australia?

Maybe u should switch to 2.4 or 5.8 for video?
Pointing out the obvious here, they are 'all' illegal above 10mw, pretty well makes all successful outdoor FPV illegal in Australia.

So, use what works

-------------------------------------

Let us know how you go John, we can all afford to learn what works
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Its a bit of a drive, but Stanwell Park is the greatest coastal slope soaring site in NSW. The place is usually infested with hangies.
i agree!! i love the pie shop! its awesome ;-) havent FPV'd stanwell yet, but its only a matter of time... the north bowl is a little difficult on landing though ..
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,730 Posts
And there's no prop's aloud at Otford (Stanwell), so it's gliders only, It's a National parks thing.
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jan 2011
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Aren't you concerned about a mid air with a hang glider, hang glider will probably win, and ur $$$ FPV gear and avionics likely to get damage.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
573 Posts
Yes I was, it was in response to a post on interference, if you're getting interference u should probably change frequency. Especially if u shouldnt be on that frequency anyway.

Exceeding 10mw is not all illegal, u may use upto 1w for telemetry, no sure if OSD video may be classed as that, you may also use FHSS digital video at higher output.

What makes successful outdoor FPV Illegal in Australia is the CASR 101 that says the operator(not a spotter, the person controlling the aircraft is the operator) must have visual contact with the aircraft at all times. So as soon as you put on those fat sharks I can't see how u can see the aircraft.

Typical CASA, making unworkable regulations.

However my argument is that I am maintaining visual contact via a video camera, not sure how that would hold up in court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
Pointing out the obvious here, they are 'all' illegal above 10mw, pretty well makes all successful outdoor FPV illegal in Australia.

So, use what works

-------------------------------------

Let us know how you go John, we can all afford to learn what works