HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:53 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,232 Posts
I post some picks after the test flight...Or some carnage photo's.
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:20 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,707 Posts
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Jun 10, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:23 AM
I don't want to land yet!
Joined Jan 2010
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Frank....sounds like a plan.......January is fpv slope day for us.
Strike3.... are you in as well.
Cody069.....are you in as well.
....Pete
Yeah I would be in that... let me know when and where.
Cheers, Dave
Strike3 is offline Find More Posts by Strike3
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:36 AM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,792 Posts
Sydney FPV meet is a go, see you guys tomorrow.

Breakfast my place 7am
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:57 AM
Joined May 2009
732 Posts
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aussie Pete; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:04 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
The 60 amp Turnigy Plush ESC should be great particularly mounted outside the fuselage, as you say.
What brand of 5 amp (BESC)/BEC did you have? Apparently the HK ones are no good for what you are using.
I have been having problems getting a decent UBEC/SBEC. Does anyone know where you can get these in AU at a reasonable price?
http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-70...10A-BEC/Detail
I did not think they posted to AU but just noticed they do for $6 so that is all right.
CC 10 amp bec has never let me down, I have no idea if they throw off any dirty rf but I've never had an issue with them

have you tried WiredRC, at The Gap?

http://www.wiredrc.com.au/shop/Speed.../prod_695.html

cheers[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. That was the only place that I found them but when I looked the price was $49. It must have been late one night and I must have priced a 10amp ESC. Guess I was looking at the wrong thing.

I'll go over and get a couple.

I think I am on the right track at last. A bit dearer than the HK ones but much better.

I guess I have found the perfect BEC for the good planes after a lot of searching.

EDIT: Just went to WiredRC (Saturday) and bought two of those CC 10 amp BECs plus other stuff. Could not just buy the BECs.
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Dec 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:53 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Hi...cody069....looks like the weather is against us this weekend...but will get up early Sunday just in case they got it wrong.When are you looking to test fly the new bird...????

Hi ....strike3 will keep you in the loop.
....Pete
Was going to try tomorrow, but not going to go..Sunday is looking like maybe
a chance for a fly.
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:13 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,521 Posts
Pete/Strike/Cody the weather on the day will surely determine where to fly. I may be a little biased, but the Fleureau Peninsula has a good range of sites for most directions.
Most of the South coast is flyable and offers sites for E, SE, SW, S, W, NW N. A bit lacking on a good NE site.If anyone is hiding one I am all ears. I am keen to try the mid North, but just want to make sure that we dont all end up driving for miles for nothing for the inaugural SA FPV fly in. I have a reasonably good handle on where to go down South.
Just a reminder to everyone to make sure they have their Tapanappa permits up to date. We all sent ours off last week and are all current.
Get the application form here:
http://www.ssl.org.au/sites/default/...mit%202011.pdf
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:33 AM
Joined May 2009
732 Posts
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aussie Pete; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:35 AM
Joined Jan 2011
571 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy Loctite 200 in Australia, or a place on the net that will ship it to Australia? I need it for my new FPV rig, the Zephyr II.

Also checkout this video of my Skywalker chasing down a mate's Skywalker before he lost control, and the AP engaged alt hold instead of RTL and landed the plane at the neighbouring gun club.

http://vimeo.com/33650225
htran is offline Find More Posts by htran
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:11 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,906 Posts
Hey basadia, sorry about the plane. You were very low for such a distance, it looked like radio glitches. Maybe you had some shadowing from the terrain?
Gree is online now Find More Posts by Gree
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:20 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
htran, what are you using the loctitie 200 for? There are always alternatives! If it's a thread locker just use some ca ... works a treat!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:13 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
htran, what are you using the loctitie 200 for? There are always alternatives! If it's a thread locker just use some ca ... works a treat!

Fang i dont think that would work,loctite 2000 is covering film to cover the plane.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:29 PM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,792 Posts
Sydney FPV Meet.

Wow

Now that was fun, had a ball, thanks to Rogueqd, Team Sherman and Mr_B for making this even the success it was. It all started with breakfast BBQ rolls and my joint, yummy, and moved to the primary location where we found Mr_B already in the air. Rogueqd did a flight with his Bixler first, he maxed out his previous range record (475m). Turns out this location is really good for planes with this kind of range, everyone agreed on the location being highly suitable for 5.8G FPV. Mr_B latched onto some boomer thermals, had to throw out the anchor a few times, his 1.2 gear gave him that confidence to 'explore' a bit (I think I see surf behind me?), video to follow.

I managed to borrow some Goggles so I could complete my second flight in the Peril Bixler. This time everything went better than I could ever have expected. Video was solid, range is great, so good in fact Rogueqd is going to build a Peril CL/SPW antenna combo (gave him some wire etc). My new camera IR filter (that security2000 sent for free) fixed the 690 Seawolf colours, I see green now. I would highly rate this camera for FPV, very impressed. FRSky telemetry RC worked perfect, bleeped a few times at the edge of range warning me to turn around or at least get the TX out of my lap. Plane performance was exhilarating (fantastic), very solid wings with my CF reinforcing, the new 40a Plush was cool as a cucumber. This all combined to gave me confidence to play low, play fast, play tag with Teamsherman and even slalom the trees. I launched under FPV and landed under FPV, even the elevons proved themselves a great asset for steep descents to landing

I love this hobby, totally wrapped with the day out and the people I met. I plan to perhaps make it a monthly occurrence..

Video to follow once I complete some editing.

Once more with feeling, WOW!
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Last edited by Peril; Dec 17, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:45 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Fang i dont think that would work,loctite 2000 is covering film to cover the plane.
Oh never knew Loctite made that stuff too lol. To me Loctite is thread locking stuff.
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv