HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:02 AM
Joined Aug 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLD View Post
Hey folks - just wondering if someone can help me out with technical details....

I'm designing a higher amps mAh counter (like my 0~10A one, the PLD-SCC1), and I was thinking of putting a data-out port on it, but have no idea what format/method you guys need/use to be able to link it into OSD systems etc.

Paul.
(for reference, http://nqrc.com/?vp=PLD-SCC1 is the one I've already done).
I would have thought the more expensive modular OSD units would use some sort of propriety system that you would have to reverse engineer on a system-by-system basis. Unless they have a standard (so an eagle tree unit can work with a HK sensor) which I doubt.

Maybe you could make it interface with an input all OSD systems share? IE many seem to support 2 batteries, so you could use the second V+ input and have your unit send ever increasing voltages as the MAH climbs... IE 12 volts = almost empty pack. You would have to have a way of setting your pack size before flight.

I have seen some references to temperature sensors, that may be a relatively standard 0-5v input you could interface. Again it's only going to be able to display 'relative' MAH data (converted into temperature somehow)

Tim.
Tim. is offline Find More Posts by Tim.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUd~Fokker View Post
That looks like the stuff, polyurethane is polyurethane. I used to buy Vise glue (another polyurethane) from Bunnings but they dont stock that anymore .... but they do stock another pu.
du u know the brand name?
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:41 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
du u know the brand name?
This is what I use.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6151
Gimmer is offline Find More Posts by Gimmer
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:04 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post

Same here and love it
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:19 AM
Australia, SA, Second Valley
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
First Video

This is my first attempt a putting together some video of us flying the other day at Sellicks Beach, south of Adelaide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw4T6W1gq7Y

This footage is a compilation of ground shot footage, and the onboard stuff is my HK FPV Raptor fitted with my el cheapo JVC camera
Next attempt should be better.
Thanks to Simon for the editing
Dingo745 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo745
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:37 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
853 Posts
Hey Dingo745....nice flying field...nice surroundings as well.
........Pete
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Hey Dingo745....nice flying field...nice surroundings as well.
........Pete
Pete,
It's a "members only " field which the guy with the red plane is a member of.
Located at Sellicks Beach. Turn right at the Victory Hotel, and head for the beach.
I have my own flying field at my back fence, Wirrina Cove Golf Course.
Life is hard !!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:43 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Nov 2010
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post
Damn.. Pretty sure I saw that bottle there tonight but got the Selley's instead because I wasn't sure about anything else. No doubt it was cheaper than the $30 for 500ml that I paid (conveniently it didn't come in anything smaller..grr). Selleys is so overpriced!
Dan110024 is offline Find More Posts by Dan110024
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:47 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Hi yer Pete when R we gunna do some more water plane flying ??
Thats me in the straw hat maidening Deans Raptor....not a good trainer for him , too fast for any beginner...............
The field is actually off Button Rd and is the home of the Old timer group (planes that is) , Ken and I are members......sorry about the vid quality, these guys have a lot to learn

Ian
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:12 AM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
If you search thru Ebay , like I just did you can find shops in USA and UK that will post to OZ...heres one I just found.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150615933245

Ian
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:24 AM
Joined Jul 2011
101 Posts
Ooops

Don't do this.
Ouch !!! (0 min 10 sec)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
Joined Apr 2011
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Hi ......FTA FTW....send in some photo's of your Apprentice.
1...have you got the correct c of g on the wing.You can shift it back a bit to allow the wing to do the work instead of the motor. Ballance is important to having a model flying .....or a model flying well !!!!
2...mine at half throttle is climbing too much. I fly mostly around 1/3rd throttle.
Flight times on the standard lipo,motor & prop is 18 to 21 minutes at the slow cruise speed
I now have fitted water floats and as seen in my last Apprentice video...goes very well.
This is a good model for flat field fpv work...circuits...touch a go's...high/low everything.
Could get away easily with 2.4ghz /5.8 ghz gear and standard goggle aerials and fly within 1 to 200 meters.
Some of my best fun flying was with a easy*...2.4ghz...fat shark stock aerial..calm day...standing in the middel of the flying field...hand launch...circuits and see how close I could land at my feet... or slow/low fly buys.
I dont do aerobatic's...been there ..done that.
This video is the Apprentice doing touch a go's....once you get used to the camera focus flying close to the ground....well the rest is just "a buzz"
have fun........Pete

http://vimeo.com/27529850

Awesome video!

It ended being the plane wasn't balanced properly, it flies much easier now

I am still having flight time problems, very very short. What prop are you using and what battery?
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:51 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
.... but then the bird got me again
Tim.
Thought you would've learned from watching me LOL.
What & where goggles did u get?
guroos is offline Find More Posts by guroos
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Jul 2010
137 Posts
On the subject of PU glue, I recently found out that Autobarn now stock the real gorilla glue (saw it when I was in there the other day and bought 2 bottles)
Nellik is online now Find More Posts by Nellik
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:36 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Apr 2008
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellik View Post
On the subject of PU glue, I recently found out that Autobarn now stock the real gorilla glue (saw it when I was in there the other day and bought 2 bottles)
I went to a wood expo the other day, and gorilla had a stand. They said it will be in lots of hardware stores from now, but not bunnings...
They will only have the normal stuff, not the white gorilla, because the white has a very short shelf life, therefore by the time it gets to oz and distributed, it will have gone off (Only 1 year shelf life), compared to 3yrs after opening bottle for normal gorilla...
soundpod is online now Find More Posts by soundpod