Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:12 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up fella's on the Osd. I'll keep my Tri naked . Glad the package has arrived Pete. Have fun with it. Any prob's give me yell. I suppose the next step is a Patch Antenna. Watched a video the other night on how they work compared to the Rubber Duckies etc. talk about a learn'n curve . Just think Mongrel my Tri was nearly in the Bin a couple of weeks ago . Thanks

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:21 AM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,658 Posts
Don't mention it Box - It was my pleasure.

PSSST... Did you catch any???
The_Mongrel is online now Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:20 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
......buggered up.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:21 AM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Would you believe Mongrel, 1 yella on friday. 13 hours in the boat on Saturday and diddly squat. Saw a great deal of inside the bottle Fri/Sat/Sunday though, which helped. All up , 20 blokes 11 fish. Not good. There was an Official Comp on up their also with all the Boys and there Bass Boats. Average price of a bass boat give or take not much change out of $50,000 possibly more. They spent the weekend jigging for Bass in about 75 foot of water. Most of them come up with diddly squat as well. Maybe they should have got pissed like the rest of us . Going down to Burrendong near Wellington for 4 days at the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

Bx
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:57 AM
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Justin C....72mhz is not a common r/c freq in this part of the world...will be very hard to find a tx/rx set up.

....Pete
Hi Pete, Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I was actually just looking for the radio itself. I am going all out and purchasing a dragon link.

Just need a older style radio that has a removable module. So if anybody knows anyone that needs some money for theirs...please let me know.

Thanks, Justin
Justin C is offline Find More Posts by Justin C
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:38 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,658 Posts
Hello Lads,

I just got word that my Fat Shark order is in, and will be here before the end of the month!! Woo hoo!!

So if you guys are wanting anything, let me know and I will get it included.

I already have the goggles listed on the site for order, but if you after anything else let me know.

My Eagle Tree order is also on its way shortly. OSDs, GPSs, loggers etc etc. These are also all listed on the site.

Cheers
Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2011, 03:36 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Well finished shift this morning and thought I'd have another go with my FPV Tri. 4 Batt's later you couldn't wipe the smile off any off my dials. What a Buzz. 4 X 6 1/2 mins of incrediable fun. And all I was doing was circuits and and come home with the Tri intact. After shift in the morning its back out their. Even with lines across the screen ( which I just remembered ) and I was that totally immersed even the clacker valve didn't rate a mention, it was fabulous. I'll move a few things around to see if I can aleviate this ( the lines ).

Bx
Old Mar 05, 2011, 03:52 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,813 Posts
Theres no hope now Boxy..
You is HOOKED!
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Mar 05, 2011, 04:26 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Yep....
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:00 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,658 Posts
AHHH Way to go box!! You da man!!

The lines you get on the screen are probably because the FPV gear is powered by the flight battery - not too much to worry about.

It's like a drug now mate and there is no cure.

The Tris are the only birds I have flown FPV in ages. Although I am hoping the Swept Wing EZ will fix that.

Cheers
Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:46 PM
FPV/Quad Copter Noob!!
Perth Western Australia
Joined Aug 2007
346 Posts
Way to go Boxhead sounds like your having an ORSM time my gear should arrive this week I can't wait!!

For all you Tri lovers check out this nice design

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...386612&page=22

Cheers

Hutchy.
kx315 is offline Find More Posts by kx315
Old Mar 05, 2011, 07:10 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Thanks fella's. Your right Mongrel, its another addiction I will add to the list. I saw the video of your SW Ezy. Mate very nice. Hutchy, I hope all goes well with the new gear . Ommadawn, its a Bloody Big hook.

Bx
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:58 AM
Joined May 2009
782 Posts
Hey Boxhead......you da man.............bigger battery packs mean longer fun.
I grabbed the opportunity today to maiden the twin radian..............no photo's ...no video's.....no one else at the club...3.30 pm....just do it.
57 minutes latter I brought it down ...I got thirsty.
Only used 0.6 volts out of the standard 1300 lipo...12.6 peak...12.1 after the flight.........I'm like boxhead....a happy man.
....Pete
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV Tarot 650 Ironman
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:32 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,813 Posts
Hey Pete,
I went to Connie today with Andy and the crew to look at their sidewalk sale. Lots of cheap old stuff there. Didnt buy anything.
Some poor sod totalled a brand new $6000 turbojet on his maiden flight. Dumb thumbs converted it to high speed matchwoood in milliseconds!
Makes me feel a bit better about my occasional expensive prangs.
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn
Last edited by ommadawn; Mar 07, 2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined May 2009
782 Posts
Hi ommadawn.
Wanted to go to connie just to look for older module tx's.....I have one 9ch ready for DL.
Only problem with expensive model's that go really fast is.....they too can crash....quickly.
Setting up twin radian now for DL and endurace ...already doing 1 hour flights easily....need to get a comfortable deck chair and a cooler with a long straw.
Looking at diversity antena's....using two patch already with oracle....looking at long range Yagi and a standard for a tripod set up.
Jaycar have yagi's for around 100 bill's.....and looking at making inverted V for vtx's.
I need to spend some more time on my fpv tri....boxhead is having tooooo much fun by himself.
....Pete
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV Tarot 650 Ironman