Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:12 AM
I think my wheels fell off.
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Thanks Cralis. I have a DX7, but I want to fly 2.4g with a 36m radio on my Tricopter - I did think of getting a JR radio, but can't find a cheap enough one, and I can get an Optic6 at a good price - but just dont know what they are like.

Cheers
-J
Have you looked at the JR 2720 Mongrel? That's what I'm using for my FPV Zeph. Works good, enough features, sort of cheap.

Geo.
Thumb_number is offline Find More Posts by Thumb_number
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2010, 08:02 AM
The FPV Ninja
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb_number View Post
Have you looked at the JR 2720 Mongrel? That's what I'm using for my FPV Zeph. Works good, enough features, sort of cheap.

Geo.
Mongrel, speaking of a 2720 i may just be able to source you one at a good price if you are interested as I have a mate who will soon be looking at offloading it.

Bindle
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Old Feb 03, 2010, 04:57 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Aussie blokes and sheilas, just letting you know to tune in to my justintv site on saturday morning 7-8am Brisbane time for some live FPV flying
May be some others there with FPV gear so if I break my plane there will be some more too see... ill take the CA tho

More info in this thread, heres a link to my post in there.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=728

See u all there!
Dont forget to add me on your skype if your going to watch so you can all bag me out when I crash

Max
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Feb 03, 2010, 05:55 PM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindle83 View Post
Mongrel, speaking of a 2720 i may just be able to source you one at a good price if you are interested as I have a mate who will soon be looking at offloading it.

Bindle
Yes Mate - You have my interest.

Can you let me know if this is a goer - I am pretty keen to find something pretty quickly.

There are stacks of radios on offer in the USA, but all 72m
The_Mongrel is online now Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2010, 06:10 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
John, you're a dealer. Just organist us a good deal on a Futaba 9c. You can make them rap to spektrum recievers, no? Sort it out and I'll wait.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Feb 03, 2010, 09:10 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,676 Posts
CRALIS - enquiries have already started on that very subject.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2010, 09:31 PM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Hey Thumb number, i just paid for my Zephyr, can't wait!!

What size Lipo do you use and what flight times are you getting?.

Cheers, Kev.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Feb 03, 2010, 09:45 PM
Australia 3568
Joined Jun 2009
66 Posts
Quote:

Geo.
Hi Geo
I have just ordered a Zephyr and was wondering if you could share your setup ie batt packs motor,max flight times etc. as I'm trying for 1 hour + flying time .

Regards Brett
peecee is offline Find More Posts by peecee
Old Feb 04, 2010, 02:11 AM
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
Hey Thumb number, i just paid for my Zephyr, can't wait!!

What size Lipo do you use and what flight times are you getting?.

Cheers, Kev.
Hi Kev, Brett.

You may have seen in the Ritewing thread, I love my Zeph. It makes me happy, not in a weird way. This I cut from old thread and updated as needed.

The details are:
Hacker A30/12m 9x6
Daulsky 40amp ESC (smaller than the Hacker 55, hope it doesn't cost me a plane)
A pair of TangRC 2200Mha3s 25c
ETV3, osdpro, baro Alt/Airspeed, GPS.
10mW 900Mhz Tx
CX-191 cam, or the new panasonic CX-131, whatever looks best, getting both. Update: Using a 720 line sony jobbie I got local, when I get a fly I'll post results of this one, low light is really good, res is better.
850Mha3s for cam and VTx
Using Oracle diversity and Headplay googles. Update: Headplay suck!! most unreliable piles of cr@#. Now using http://www.zetronix.com/product_info...roducts_id=136
36Mhz radio Tx / Rx modded to Trappy spec. (JR 2720)
AUW minus camera (25-30gr) is 1.624Kg (57 oz)

The 9 x 6 is pushing 415Watts/ 41 amps at full noise which is going to hurt the 12M so I better show some restraint! Update: It's going well, no issues from ESC or motor.

So far flight times are over 20mins at average 1/2 throttle and still coming in with 1000mha to spare. I reckon you could stretch it past 30mins with good management.

I don't think I'll fly 'normal' again, I've had wing's, but then I got a Ritewing! I've change all my slopers to RW's as well, TL50 and TL50 slice. You will love the Zeph if you take the time to build it rite.

Some build pics here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1087978&page=5

Geo
Old Feb 04, 2010, 04:43 AM
Post # 20 million
Joined Aug 2009
2,636 Posts
Thanks for your reply mate ^^

I was going to get just one large Lipo, but instead i went for two Rhino 2350mAh so i hope for the same flight time as you, 30mins would be great.

I went for this http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=2140 motor(same one Trappy has) and a 9x6 E prop.

I have a 60amp ESC in another plane so i might use that for now.

Cheers again, Kev.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Old Feb 04, 2010, 06:45 AM
Perth
Joined Oct 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
Thanks for your reply mate ^^

I was going to get just one large Lipo, but instead i went for two Rhino 2350mAh so i hope for the same flight time as you, 30mins would be great.

I went for this http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=2140 motor(same one Trappy has) and a 9x6 E prop.

I have a 60amp ESC in another plane so i might use that for now.

Cheers again, Kev.
Cool Kev,

The specs of the Turnigy, off the top of my head, are close to the hack, but going by Traps vid's it must perform better. I cant push mine to 100% through fear of killing the ESC, but at this stage of the learning curve, I'm in no hurry. It fly's great at 1/3 - 1/2 throttle, and I've got plenty in the bag as I get a handle on everything.

At my LHS they have some TangRC 5500 LiPo's which would work real well, but my budget failed me

Are you not going to use your home built bus? It looks really good. Some days when the learning gets tough I wish I was piloting a 'slower' platform. Then I just take the glasses off and start tearing around! You'll love the Zeph. My only tip is to follow Ck's build DVD as best you can. He has it all squared away.

Geo.
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:22 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,676 Posts
Hello Lads,

How is this for exciting!!

Here we finally have a HD FPV Camera - and it weighs less than 40grams!!

The best thing about this beast is will record full 720p HD onboard, whilst putting normal video to the TX so that you get a nice clean video in your goggles.

Cool huh!! I am hoping to have details up on my site before the weekend is out. I am looking forward to getting my hands on one, and then I can throw away the silly video camera that I drag everywhere.

Cheers
The Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2010, 09:49 AM
Norge
Joined Feb 2009
437 Posts
hmm.. you need to make a new thread for that camera!
Capy-Norway is offline Find More Posts by Capy-Norway
Old Feb 04, 2010, 01:34 PM
Australia 3568
Joined Jun 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Hi Kev, Brett.

You may have seen in the Ritewing thread, I love my Zeph. It makes me happy, not in a weird way. This I cut from old thread and updated as needed.

The details are:
Hacker A30/12m 9x6
Daulsky 40amp ESC (smaller than the Hacker 55, hope it doesn't cost me a plane)
A pair of TangRC 2200Mha3s 25c
ETV3, osdpro, baro Alt/Airspeed, GPS.
10mW 900Mhz Tx
CX-191 cam, or the new panasonic CX-131, whatever looks best, getting both. Update: Using a 720 line sony jobbie I got local, when I get a fly I'll post results of this one, low light is really good, res is better.
850Mha3s for cam and VTx
Using Oracle diversity and Headplay googles. Update: Headplay suck!! most unreliable piles of cr@#. Now using http://www.zetronix.com/product_info...roducts_id=136
36Mhz radio Tx / Rx modded to Trappy spec. (JR 2720)
AUW minus camera (25-30gr) is 1.624Kg (57 oz)

The 9 x 6 is pushing 415Watts/ 41 amps at full noise which is going to hurt the 12M so I better show some restraint! Update: It's going well, no issues from ESC or motor.

So far flight times are over 20mins at average 1/2 throttle and still coming in with 1000mha to spare. I reckon you could stretch it past 30mins with good management.

I don't think I'll fly 'normal' again, I've had wing's, but then I got a Ritewing! I've change all my slopers to RW's as well, TL50 and TL50 slice. You will love the Zeph if you take the time to build it rite.

Some build pics here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1087978&page=5

Geo
Thanks Geo
Can't wait for mine to fly . They must be getting popular with 2 orders to Oz in 1 day
Here is a link to my mentor. http://www.rangevideo.com/forum/show...p?t=359&page=8
peecee is offline Find More Posts by peecee
Old Feb 04, 2010, 02:14 PM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Hello Lads,

How is this for exciting!!

Here we finally have a HD FPV Camera - and it weighs less than 40grams!!

The best thing about this beast is will record full 720p HD onboard, whilst putting normal video to the TX so that you get a nice clean video in your goggles.

Cool huh!! I am hoping to have details up on my site before the weekend is out. I am looking forward to getting my hands on one, and then I can throw away the silly video camera that I drag everywhere.

Cheers
The Mongrel
Looks nice, might be a handful to P+T though.
The camera seems to be on a ribbon. Maybe able to mount it remotely?
Im interested.
ommadawn is online now Find More Posts by ommadawn