SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:50 AM
Not a Doctor
me_wantee's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,930 Posts
What are you trying to sand?
me_wantee is offline Find More Posts by me_wantee
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 08:28 AM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
fpvme's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Balnarring
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
thanks for all the advice!
im trying to shape the ursus kit i just recieved which is a different grade of epp than im used to sanding, its sort of a cross between epo and epp i suppose because it is much more suseptable to this kind of tearing than 'normal' epp, i think i will cut off the excess with a sharp knife then finish it off with the finest sand paper i have because i think i was trying to remove too much bulk by sanding. the ursus looks to be a good platform by the way, plenty of space for big batteries and good wing area, ile make a video of how it performs when it's finished.

cheers,
mitch
fpvme is offline Find More Posts by fpvme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 02:43 PM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
GoPro Surf Hero

Last Sunday I stopped over in Singapore on my way to Austria and found the the GoPro Surf Hero for a unbelievable price.
Only thing now is after looking closely....there is no seperate ports for audio/video....it's all from one mini USB in the side of the Hero.
Cable is mini USB to audio/video and USB.
Great camera but I wanted to use it as my onboard Trilogy tricopter FPV camera/recorder. Did I pick up the wrong camera or is there another answer.
I will be returning throught the same airport on Friday....do I need to pick up a different model Hero ??????.....any suggestions guys.
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:27 PM
Flying White Rabbit
Mr_B's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Last Sunday I stopped over in Singapore on my way to Austria and found the the GoPro Surf Hero for a unbelievable price.
Only thing now is after looking closely....there is no seperate ports for audio/video....it's all from one mini USB in the side of the Hero.
Cable is mini USB to audio/video and USB.
Great camera but I wanted to use it as my onboard Trilogy tricopter FPV camera/recorder. Did I pick up the wrong camera or is there another answer.
I will be returning throught the same airport on Friday....do I need to pick up a different model Hero ??????.....any suggestions guys.

Looks to me like you got the one that dosen't do the full HD video.

..... is that a view finder next to the LCD? You might have gotten the cheaper version of the cam there I think... the gopro960 or something.

8)
//
Mr_B is offline Find More Posts by Mr_B
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 05:52 PM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
Thanks Mr_B
Yep...thats a view finder ....cant find a GoPro anywhere on the web with a view finder and a mini USB conection.
I have looked up the new GoPro 960.....it has all the Video & audio ports as well as the RCA port......Hmmmm......all the packaging indicates Surf Hero as well as full instructions.....packaging was unopened and original.
Looks like I bought a very cheap , cheap camera.
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:22 PM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
serial number inside battery cover is ...G1202521..????:
I will be coming home through Singapore on Saturday....will call into same shop......bet the salesman has a day off.....gone flying or something.
Pays to buy local hay
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:38 PM
Firepower
Firepower's Avatar
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
serial number inside battery cover is ...G1202521..????:
I will be coming home through Singapore on Saturday....will call into same shop......bet the salesman has a day off.....gone flying or something.
Pays to buy local hay
Check the serial number with GoPro to see if it is a rip off/fake. They make fake DX6i transmitters so that copy anything but may be just the cheap model.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:07 AM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
Thanks.. Firepower
I have sent all the info to GoPro .
Hanging out to get home to fire up the tricopter FPV again.
Photo is taken out my room window.
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 01:13 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
It would be this one... Standard Def Wide Hero...

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ero-camera.php
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 05:17 AM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
fpvme's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Balnarring
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
It would be this one... Standard Def Wide Hero...

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ero-camera.php

what are you doing the hd gopro's for mongrel? i have been after one for a while to replace my old cam

cheers
fpvme is offline Find More Posts by fpvme
Last edited by fpvme; Dec 02, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:19 AM
Firepower
Firepower's Avatar
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete View Post
Thanks.. Firepower
I have sent all the info to GoPro .
Hanging out to get home to fire up the tricopter FPV again.
Photo is taken out my room window.
I'd say yours would be real but the lower model like mongrel mentioned. I went to a dive shop in Hawaii and had a look at the GoPros last month and from memory there was a cheap one without video in. They had about 3 or 4 models and I needed the dearer one with video in.

After buying an Aiptek camera without video in that is the first thing I look for now. The lady put the wrong specifications on the ebay advertisement. But for recording FPV I have just found this one which may be all right.

I suppose no one has this one to advise if it is any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/720P-HDMI-TV-...item4154ad6596
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:34 AM
Registered User
Aussie Pete's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2009
854 Posts
Thanks Mongrel......your the man.
Firepower.....yep!!!! this is the...."real"....cheap one as John found out.
I had been looking for 3 nights on the web....nothing else to do when the snow is 2 foot thick outside......except drink Austrian hot wine.
I will check out what else is at the store on the way home....who know's I might get it right the second time..?????
Aussie Pete is offline Find More Posts by Aussie Pete
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2010, 06:20 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
We are not stocking GoPros right now for a couple of reasons. the Aussie dollar - which makes it cheaper to buy it from the USA than I can buy it from the wholesaler

AND

The FlyCamOne HDs a apparently with Customs, and they might just be a GoPro killer. Especially when they weigh in at only 80g

They also have AV out as standard, a pivot head, yada yada yada.
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:12 AM
SPG
Sydney, Australia
SPG's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
We are not stocking GoPros right now for a couple of reasons. the Aussie dollar - which makes it cheaper to buy it from the USA than I can buy it from the wholesaler

AND

The FlyCamOne HDs a apparently with Customs, and they might just be a GoPro killer. Especially when they weigh in at only 80g

They also have AV out as standard, a pivot head, yada yada yada.
Cool.

Do you know when\if this will be available?
FlyCamOne HD FPV-HEAD (0 min 35 sec)


Cheers.
SPG is offline Find More Posts by SPG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:57 AM
The Flying Circus
ommadawn's Avatar
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,044 Posts
Nice, but needs more than 90 degrees pan.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 9071 Today 01:46 PM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 167 Mar 24, 2012 08:31 AM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 02:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM