HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:32 AM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
Australia, VIC, Balnarring
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedelus82 View Post
My lawmate TX/RX combo arrived today, already have the DX201, fatshark goggles, eagle tree gear, plane, servos, cables, batteries, couple voltage regulators. I'm almost good to go, just awaiting two more packages to arrive from HobbyKing but they should be here before the end of the week!

Also bit the bullet and bought a Long Range System, but that probably won't be here for a few weeks.

So far it's taken 1 week for 12 different orders to arrive from hong kong, us, and canada. So fast!
if its dragon link it will be allot more than a few weeks, this is my second month of waiting...
fpvme is offline Find More Posts by fpvme
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:19 AM
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvme View Post
if its dragon link it will be allot more than a few weeks, this is my second month of waiting...
Yeah it is dragonlink, damn!
I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and they said they were getting stock again soon, and looking at the dragonlink thread on this forum there is a lot of people over the last 2 days or so saying that theirs had arrived.

So hopefully their stock has come and yours is in the mail, and mine will be coming real soon.
daedelus82 is offline Find More Posts by daedelus82
Old Nov 23, 2010, 06:23 AM
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
On a side note, anybody want to buy an Eagle Tree Airspeed MicroSensor V3 ?
In all my purchases I accidentally ordered two of them. It's on my desk, brand-new, still in bag.
$30 delivered! (Australia only). Cheap
daedelus82 is offline Find More Posts by daedelus82
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:43 PM
;-)fellow pacifist(-;
Australia, VIC, Balnarring
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedelus82 View Post
Yeah it is dragonlink, damn!
I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and they said they were getting stock again soon, and looking at the dragonlink thread on this forum there is a lot of people over the last 2 days or so saying that theirs had arrived.

So hopefully their stock has come and yours is in the mail, and mine will be coming real soon.

hmm i just got a reply and it sayed yet again:

"Your Dragon Link is in the next shipment, I am making , calibrating and testing this batch of Dragon LInks every day until they are done. I know you have had a long wait, but its almost over. I just can not rush this process, it would hurt the quality of the systems. I am working 7 days a week to get these out ASAP. "

2 weeks ago i got the same reply, better be a bloody good system!
fpvme is offline Find More Posts by fpvme
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
hmm i just got a reply and it sayed yet again:

"Your Dragon Link is in the next shipment, I am making , calibrating and testing this batch of Dragon LInks every day until they are done. I know you have had a long wait, but its almost over. I just can not rush this process, it would hurt the quality of the systems. I am working 7 days a week to get these out ASAP. "

2 weeks ago i got the same reply, better be a bloody good system!
It is
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:09 PM
Flying Monkey
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
Quote:
better be a bloody good system!
Yep I think so.

Anyway time for a vid ?

This is my old grl from a while back when I was still figuring out that a single reciever and an omni is just not enough and there are tweaks to the whole vid system to get better results.

The camera is a shocker! yes I know but back then there wasn't much choice in the way of cameras >$70.oo so this was it for the time.

When was it? well there is another vid im my collection which will give a date of sorts when I was flying this config sry no silver platters here I just couldn't find em!

anyway I have found alot of the videos as the harddisk which they were on had a control board failure a few years back and only recently I got another harddrive which had a good controler and dud cylinder motor. Changed the bard and it worked long enough to recover the files and now you lot might have to put up with some of my early vids I managed to record from way back then

Mr_B Perfect Moment (7 min 7 sec)

Cheers
Mr_B
8)
//
Mr_B is offline Find More Posts by Mr_B
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2008
13 Posts
Hey guys,
I've been reading this whole thread for a couple of days now, because I've been wanting to get into FPV for a LONG time; I just haven't got around to ordering and building anything yet!
I've got a couple of slashes but I'm in the market for a Summit. I'm 14, so it takes a while for my cash to build up .
So for christmas I wanna ask for some stuff to get me started in FPV.
From reading everything, I've come to a conclusion that I should be getting a 800mW 1.2Ghz AV Tx+RX from Sunsky or a Lawmate 1000mW AV Tx+Rx. And for a camera the GoPro or an Aiptek HD Camcorder, I'm leading towards the Aiptek due to the price.
I'm hoping to run this gear in a heavily wooded National Park, and will be going 700m AT THE VERY MOST! I think that sounds pretty far, but usually I should be driving around 300m or so. Should this stuff do me good? I know I'm going to want to get better antenna's and all that, which I will do.
My dads Turbo Territory has a fold down TV in the back which I'm thinking of using as a screen, until I can save up for goggles. I also will probably need another transmitter, as all the stuff I have right now is Traxxas radio's. But I've heard the FM ones will do pretty well after some mods, so I'll hang onto them for now.

I think I should've started another thread but I thought people would've gone: USE THE SEARCH BUTTON! The reason I didn't start another was because all I need to know is; would this stuff be ideal for me? And if not, what do you guys recommend.

Thanks heaps,
-Lawso
(You might have seen me on the URC forums or RCTech)
Face is offline Find More Posts by Face
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:28 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Nov 2010
79 Posts
Wow.... A 14 year old who can write properly and who has good grammar! You don't come across kids like these too often these days

Kudo's to you, Face

As for your post, I've got no idea as I'm a noob, too...
Dan110024 is offline Find More Posts by Dan110024
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:49 AM
Flying Monkey
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2009
737 Posts
LoL

Face, depending on your cash situation and given that you like dirt & muck & stuff. If I was to do a ground car I wouldn't bother with the low power stuff. I would be looking at the 1.5W TX for video. That should have enough power to blast through the trees at more than 200M away. This should have more than enough to get you as far as you want. However this is also a problem only if you can't get your controller to talk over it. I can't see this as a problem tho.

I have a duraTrax buggy which I use a 200mw 5.8 TX. This woks well and is ok for what I do with it. Not really great at diatance but great for the circuits I go race on.
Anyway I'm not that much of a ground based TX person but there should be others dropping by soon I guess.

Cheers
Mr_B
8)
//
Mr_B is offline Find More Posts by Mr_B
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:13 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2008
13 Posts
Haha,
Thanks .
Where would I be getting one that's so powerful? I remember reading that the high powered Sunsky ones weren't that good quality?
This sounds powerful enough:
http://www.sunsky-online.com/view/13...6+receiver.htm
2.5W

Thanks again,
-Lawso
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:17 AM
Joined Nov 2010
79 Posts
You'd fry yourself just standing infront of it lol...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2009
72 Posts
More scaremongering from A Current Affair tonight

aca.wmv (4 min 29 sec)
Timmsy is offline Find More Posts by Timmsy
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:56 AM
Joined Nov 2010
79 Posts
ACA at it's usual best, creating fear and anxiety amongst the community for something hardly worth reporting...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:59 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2008
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan110024 View Post
You'd fry yourself just standing infront of it lol...
Hahaha yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmsy View Post
More scaremongering from A Current Affair tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXs0yQK_9k4
Oh wow , I hope this is as far as it goes. I hope the government doesn't ban stuff like this...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:26 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,950 Posts
That show and all others like it, is the most pathetic excuse for journalism I have ever seen. They manufacture fear and paranoia amongst the stupid, and apart from that, they are just one big infomercial for corporations.
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree