HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:04 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzparkPilot View Post
Scorpion 3026 - 710kv with a Scopion commander 120 amp esc running MG14s all around. 4sp 5000 / DL UHF with IRC 5.8Ghz / Onboard Gopro 3
Do you have some pics with the GoPro 3 attached? Do the rear booms detach for transport?
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:31 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
So how many amps for what speed...That's the most important part for long range FPV work.

For example the raptor uses around 4 amps to cruise at around 35 to 40 kph ( no wind),

so how well does the penguin do?
Will have to work that one out Cody069, we had a bit of wind on Sunday and I was carrying 2x 3s 4000 mah but pushing into the wind at full throttle it drew around 35 amps cannot remember the speed tho, will upload my GS video later.
I think at one stage I was doing 20k and drawing 10 amp ??
Those batteries gave me a 45 min flight and both batteries took 3000mah back in
That was my second flight of the day so I was not power managing at all although at one stage Al and I caught a thermal, very exciting!!
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:57 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
Do you have some pics with the GoPro 3 attached? Do the rear booms detach for transport?
Here you go - What I have done is cut away the top canopy and painted it black ( anti glare ) and my Pan servo is mounted on the top, my Gopro as in the picture. Will maiden it on Saturday so will see if this works well but I cant see why it would not.

Yes, Both the tail and wings have screw based joiners so it breaks down in to 5 bits in all. However, the huge 1.9 meter wing is one piece.

Hope this helps. Garth
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:00 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
Regarding the Penguin... I thought Penguins were not designed to fly... also, the old expressing " if it looks right... it`ll fly right " might not apply here.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:12 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,862 Posts
Thanks Garth. Think I will read through the Skyhunter thread from start to finish now. That might be what im after. The removable tail looks good. And it doesnt even register on the ugly scale like the penguin does. Good luck with the maiden. Let us know how it handles some mild aerobatics.
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:21 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
I think it will be an excellent FPV platform tbh...Its goes together in a few hours, carries heaps and what I LOVE is the slide out equipment tray. All your Eagle tree ( or whatever OSD gear ) you use has a natural and obvious position and if something does not come on line during the pre flight, you just slid it out and check your connection or what ever may of caused the issue. Im sure you`ll agree there is nothing more annoying than trying to get to a loose connection or whatever in a small fuse area. Especially with my gorilla hands !
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:41 PM
The Real JW
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2011
60 Posts
Sourcing Raptor 2000mm wing set

Hey folks,

My Raptor hit a new range PB of 4Ks out the other weekend with 1W boosted FrSky, 400mW 5.8GHz video and a helical with my low-tech diversity foot switch.

Anyway I'm thinking about stretching her wings - does anyone know of a retailer selling a 2000mm wingset? HK only sell the 1600mm kit, and other online retailers seem to be charging $200 plus for the 2000mm RTF.

Thx,

John
trjw is offline Find More Posts by trjw
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:31 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trjw View Post
Hey folks,

My Raptor hit a new range PB of 4Ks out the other weekend with 1W boosted FrSky, 400mW 5.8GHz video and a helical with my low-tech diversity foot switch.

Anyway I'm thinking about stretching her wings - does anyone know of a retailer selling a 2000mm wingset? HK only sell the 1600mm kit, and other online retailers seem to be charging $200 plus for the 2000mm RTF.

Thx,

John
Swap your gear out onto a Phoenix2000. Move the servos to the rear and use all the space in the fuse then for the FPV kit.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:47 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
This was elsewhere but I know you guys will LOVE it!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...98&postcount=1
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:10 AM
Australia, NSW, Tamworth
Joined Jun 2012
108 Posts
Major setback

Two days ago I was flying a bit to low in a valley not far from my place when I lost video and radio signal. I think behind trees. My skywalker and all gear still has not been found. I thought I knew where it went down and the motor was very loud backing this up but despite lost of searching no luck. All my eagletree gear, and go pro on board no flight logger through or lost model alarm. I took my tx and goggles with me on theinitial searches but could not make contact or activate the motor for an audio clue. 6 months of building and learning and 1500 is now somewhere nearby keeping some wallabies amused. I did have my name and phone number on it and alerted neighbors but not much foot traffic here. Fpv heaven has claimed a scalp!
MrMum is offline Find More Posts by MrMum
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:44 AM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,103 Posts
That sucks Mr mum.

I know it's bittersweet but here's a few things to do on the next one... Or if you find her.

- set up return to home... You already had an ET osd so this shoulda been done, I know it's hard work/frustrating but so is looking for or replacing a plane. If you fly below yourself in valleys you have to make sure you have RTH set up for expert RTH or it won't activate below 20m Alt from takeoff point.
- recommend running an ET power panel on your EagleEyes ground station.... This gives you last known lat/long and holds it.
- Record your video link... Dunno how many times I've said it it's saved me many times.

Really hope it turns up mate.
Chris.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by NutBag; Feb 14, 2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Xtra info
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:25 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
Mr Mum ! Why not RTH activated ? Sure there is a good reason for this ?

and as Nut says...get one of these ! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_for_FPV.html
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:01 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
This was elsewhere but I know you guys will LOVE it!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...98&postcount=1
Keep searching MrMum .. it's gotta be out there.

That clip was fantastic. Thought I might give it a shot with one of the ducks that we have. Shame they cannot fly ... will make for boring footage. Yet to work out where to attach servo's and the gopro also.
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:30 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,197 Posts
Keep searching before it rains MrMum. Forecast is for rain this weekend so best of luck.
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:44 AM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,103 Posts
Looks whats new from the sheep that fly.... Looks nice too.
http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:tbscaipirinha
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member