HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:45 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Grazer's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Disclaimer: Not my videos. Wish they were!

Something to have a giggle about:

Hitler's New Quadcopter Gets Lost In The Post (DJI Phantom AR Drone) (3 min 59 sec)


And a nice little video of a QAV500 Quad:

Quadcopter - The Movie 2013 (Multicopter Rc Aircraft) (5 min 25 sec)
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:05 AM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Hitler vid was cool, the QAV vid was boring as bat sh.....
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 AM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Hahaha .. the hitler one is bloody funny
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:38 AM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
It's only 100mm bigger wing span than the raptor. It's just that ugly canopy they fit makes it look bigger
And the fact that it is bigger.!!
azzurripro is offline Find More Posts by azzurripro
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2012
350 Posts
Witnessonly,
Convince the media that they need them and they'll do all the lobbying for us! After all, they have more use for them than we do...
jolyboy is offline Find More Posts by jolyboy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:58 PM
addicted rc'er
acky's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
888 Posts
Hey guys on the subject of the penguin, I maidened mine on the weekend. Got it from othfpv cheap freight! Mind you he is in the same city as me!
1st flight was so un eventful I landed and put the goggles on it didn't even need trim!
Flew it with the ugly canopy on, flight cam didn't really notice any thing but the gopro footage had the curve of the canopy in it, not to bad tho.
Just waiting for a mate to get back from holiday as he got some very close up formation flying video, so close our ground spotter thought we were going to hit.
Bruce's review was spot on! Except the bit about the canopy affecting flight performance, however I must try it without the canopy
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:00 PM
addicted rc'er
acky's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
888 Posts
The only pic I have at the moment
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:17 PM
.
NutBag's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acky View Post
Hey guys on the subject of the penguin, I maidened mine on the weekend. Got it from othfpv cheap freight! Mind you he is in the same city as me!
1st flight was so un eventful I landed and put the goggles on it didn't even need trim!
Flew it with the ugly canopy on, flight cam didn't really notice any thing but the gopro footage had the curve of the canopy in it, not to bad tho.
Just waiting for a mate to get back from holiday as he got some very close up formation flying video, so close our ground spotter thought we were going to hit.
Bruce's review was spot on! Except the bit about the canopy affecting flight performance, however I must try it without the canopy
Glad your new toy is going well for you.
So you are saying that the laws of aerodynamics (and Bruce) are wrong and the canopy does not affect the flight performance at all even though you have not tried to fly without it?

Ive flown one with and without the fishbowl and there is a major difference, I don't like it either way so maybe im bias.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:56 PM
addicted rc'er
acky's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
888 Posts
What I meant was, his comment about what it would do in corners I didn't notice.
However I am going try it without the canopy cos I agree its uglier with it on, not that it going to get prettier with it off lol it's not a good lookin airframe !!
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acky View Post
What I meant was, his comment about what it would do in corners I didn't notice.
However I am going try it without the canopy cos I agree its uglier with it on, not that it going to get prettier with it off lol it's not a good lookin airframe !!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

the beholder of my eyes thinks it's ugly
Haych is online now Find More Posts by Haych
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
.
NutBag's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,106 Posts
I dont think it's a bad airframe by any means. Butt Ugly Yes... but not bad, I noticed it when flying in wind/crosswind quite a lot. Wind pushes the nose around and makes a for a few funny characteristics. Maybe a bigger fin would help? Its pretty much totally shadowed by the nose and relies heavily on prop airflow for control authority and stability.
If you put flat black paper on the "dashboard" it will stop some of the reflections. As the dash sees more sun it starts to crack between the bubbles in foam and cracks becomes white and shiny and the reflections on inside of canopy get worse.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:17 PM
addicted rc'er
acky's Avatar
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
888 Posts
I used the Mat black sticker they give you and it works really well!
Looks like it will be another week before our next flights before I can try it without the canopy.
Just went to upload my gopro footage and my cards corrupt anyone know of a good free file recovery tool?
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:25 PM
.
NutBag's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acky View Post
I used the Mat black sticker they give you and it works really well!
Looks like it will be another week before our next flights before I can try it without the canopy.
Just went to upload my gopro footage and my cards corrupt anyone know of a good free file recovery tool?
They must come with sticker now... my mates one is all painted black.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:26 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locko View Post
Whats your setup bro, I got one my self running:

32bl eflite motor - 11/7 prop
2* 3300 4s , Think about adding another one
65 esc

Only running about 40 amp at about 100km.
Scorpion 3026 - 710kv with a Scopion commander 120 amp esc running MG14s all around. 4sp 5000 / DL UHF with IRC 5.8Ghz / Onboard Gopro 3
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:34 PM
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
3,378 Posts
So how many amps for what speed...That's the most important part for long range FPV work.

For example the raptor uses around 4 amps to cruise at around 35 to 40 kph ( no wind),

so how well does the penguin do?
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 8992 Today 04:12 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 167 Mar 24, 2012 08:31 AM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 02:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM