HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:22 AM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
FPV QUADCOPTER - From a Spectator's Point of View (3 min 13 sec)

Thanks to StuntDouble, who really earned the moniker on this one, a 'different' view on the whole FPV video thing...

EXTREME TOPIARY

And the damage Tally:

5 Props
6 cable ties

And Oh So Worth It
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:36 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Cool Video. Ballsy flying too!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:18 AM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Thanks Grazer,

StuntD was the brains behind this one, he called the location and lines, all I did was have a crack at em' Some nice little crashes to prove my 'bite off more than I should' and 'He is so wrong if he thinks I know what I'm doing' attitude that I'm wearing at the moment.

It's a little bit fetish with regards to this little copter, I just love spankin' it

What I'm realy liking is that it's held together with cable ties primarily, so repairs take about well... a whole minute
And with the added bonus of far fewer broken arms.

I've broken a total of 1 in the couple of months I've been flying it, (and even that is back in the 'spares' bin with a CT fix) gone through oh I'd guess a hundred CT's though so I'm down a whopping $1.12 lol

WO
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
HobbyKing Wing Cam

Hi just wondering if anyone has successfully got the HobbyKing Wing Camera (720P) version to work on a 200mw 5.8Ghz VTx??

If you have and are still using it can someone post post a pic of describe the wiring ... I'm getting a signal.. but no picture (the picture is (black) ..

I've hacked into the 2.5mm jack btw and using servo connectors to connect to the VTx.

Any help would be great

Thanks
meh32 is offline Find More Posts by meh32
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:50 PM
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Apr 2008
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly View Post
http://youtu.be/LD_Q1ROjj4Q

Thanks to StuntDouble, who really earned the moniker on this one, a 'different' view on the whole FPV video thing...

EXTREME TOPIARY

And the damage Tally:

5 Props
6 cable ties

And Oh So Worth It
Great video. Leigh
lee8sec is offline Find More Posts by lee8sec
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:12 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh32 View Post
Hi just wondering if anyone has successfully got the HobbyKing Wing Camera (720P) version to work on a 200mw 5.8Ghz VTx??

If you have and are still using it can someone post post a pic of describe the wiring ... I'm getting a signal.. but no picture (the picture is (black) ..

I've hacked into the 2.5mm jack btw and using servo connectors to connect to the VTx.

Any help would be great

Thanks
my mate who was filling here ( I was the chase plane ) tried it but we found the low light very poor tbh.. you decide

FPV Formation flying over Dobroyd + crash (1 min 29 sec)
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzparkPilot View Post
my mate who was filling here ( I was the chase plane ) tried it but we found the low light very poor tbh.. you decide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgHdVdXpGMc

Thanks for the reply

what was your wiring setup to the VTx .. did you hack the cable??

I plug the ground into pin number 7 (last one on the right, if you look at the Vtx with the heat sink facing you) and signal wire into pin 5 (video in) with no success.

any ideas

Cheers
meh32 is offline Find More Posts by meh32
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:57 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,789 Posts
Those Hubsan X4s look tops! Hmm... More toys!!

Just need to work out how to fit a camera and Tx on it! LOL!!
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:10 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
I have both the SpyHawk and the invader and they are great fun but the range is not enough for my flying style so Im selling both, complete with the new Video goggles if anyone is keen.. PM me... they will be cheap !

http://www.hubsan.com/products/HELIC...103_1.htm#here
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:13 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh32 View Post
Thanks for the reply

what was your wiring setup to the VTx .. did you hack the cable??

I plug the ground into pin number 7 (last one on the right, if you look at the Vtx with the heat sink facing you) and signal wire into pin 5 (video in) with no success.

any ideas

Cheers
No, we just used it as a video camera however, if you look on Hobbykings site there are some instructions on how do do this. Sorry I cant help more.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:48 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Those Hubsan X4s look tops! Hmm... More toys!!

Just need to work out how to fit a camera and Tx on it! LOL!!
You getting them in MG? I will buy one for sure. They look awesome fun!
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:44 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Hi Meh. Mate I tried it out last week. Heres a photo Of what I did. Looking at it power still goes to the VTX. Now on your plug supplied with the camera you will find a yellow plug and a white plug. I cut the yellow of first and found the video wire ( insulated) and the negative ( not insulated , just copper wire ). Joined them to a servo plug. Yellow ( video ) Plain copper wire ( Negative ) and the red wire of the servo plug not used. The other plug( White ) on the Wing camera harness is not needed unless you want sound. Plug the new harness you have made up to the last 3 pins on the VTX. Since you are only using Yellow and Black on the servo plug as I said red is not used but you may want to use the servo plug later on a another project. So for me I just cut the red wire short and taped it up. The HK files tab has this procedure
Procedure for Live video from Wing Camera:

(This is a modified transcription of user MaSu99 review, that I have tried and really works great, so I thought it would be handy to have this file...)

"For all who want to use this camera as FPV-cam while recording - read this!

Normally you won´t get any live view at the TV-OUT while recording but I found out a little trick how it does work:

1 - switch on the camera - wait until it is initialized (long vibration)

2 - set it motion detection video mode (press on/off button twice until yellow and blue leds will be on)

3 - plug in your AV-plug. Wait for a short time until you will see the live view on your Display/TV.

NOTE: ### The following steps must be done very fast, if you do this too slow, the camera will switch off!!!###

4 - pull out your AV-plug

5 - set camera to video mode (press on/off button twice until only blue led will be on)

6 - plug in your AV-plug again (This has to be done very fast, otherwise the camera will switch off!)

7 - Now you can push the record button to start recording while AV-Out gives live view signal for your transmitter."

GREAT HINT MaSu99. THANKS a LOT!!!

It will record at the same time as you are using it for FPV. Beaware there is a time lag while FPVing. It can be used in a pinch but its not as good as a normal FPV setup with a stand alone camera. The recording comes out fine.

Good Luck with it

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:36 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Are all five pins on the telementary port of the APM needed for the MinumOsd to function properly ? I don't have a 5 pin connector to fit the port, so can I make it work with 4 pins ?
jarred1993 is offline Find More Posts by jarred1993
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:49 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
You getting them in MG? I will buy one for sure. They look awesome fun!
Nah... you can get em here cheap enough...

http://revolutionrc.com.au/
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:55 AM
Biomass processor
Australia, QLD, Cairns
Joined Sep 2012
1,715 Posts
The Penguin

The promised b'day- Xmas pressie arrived yesterday from OTHFPV, yes THAT guy in Adelaide just add dot com dot au.
I have to say I am impressed, this is way above my flying skill level at the moment, but what was more impressive was the service. The box was delivered in 6 days and considering the Bundaberg/Rocky dramas last week OTHFPV have got themselves a good delivery service. Freight was only cleared to travel nth and south of Rocky yesterday afternoon.
On opening the box there was no sign of damage BUT there was this HUGE plane, I was weak at the knees this is not what I had expected, only an Rx and battery (plus build time) to get it flying..
Now I need a bigger ME ROOM and until I have that and more stick time on my other models it will have to stay in the box, I am not going to throw this into the air and bounce it due to lack of experience.
Here is a mock together just to give a comparison:

As I was calming down after the unvealing I was hit with the "payoff"
"Nice plane hon, I need $480 for my new glasses.......is that okay"........... Then again it shouldn't cost me that much to have this bad boy FPVing
cynr100 is online now Find More Posts by cynr100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TriCopters