SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:05 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Hey guys I ordered my arduflyer and stuff from rctimer a few days ago it was posted on the 16th honking registered post I think how long do you think I'll be waiting ?
jarred1993 is offline Find More Posts by jarred1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hahahaha had you not turned left towards the end you would have made it!!! Just change McFly with "danger_mouse" LOL
LOL, need some Nikes with ducted fans. Yea should have just headed down wind to the right of the shed.

Took me by surprise. I had a cell die in the battery. Was flying by timer and expected another 5 minutes or so before worrying about landing. Anyway I have an E-OSD or a CL-OSD I'll put on, be able to at least monitor voltage.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarred1993 View Post
Hey guys I ordered my arduflyer and stuff from rctimer a few days ago it was posted on the 16th honking registered post I think how long do you think I'll be waiting ?
They are pretty quick. I had mine turn up 5 days after ordering. I did use DHL though.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:33 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post
Can anyone recommend a good place to to purchase rubber bands for Skywalker wings in Brisbane? I've grabbed some from office works before but they are too wide, I end up trimming them down and that gets boring pretty fast.
Quote:
Crazy Clarks get that pack of like 200 assorted rubber bands for $4 they should have a few that fit. Other wise office works is probably your best bet. I'm gonna go have a look at the big model store here in ipwich here soon so I'll let you know if they have any if you want.
It's there already in black and white that he's tried Office Works!! Lol
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:03 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
695 Posts
Quote:
Is ok...he's from Ipswich ...says the bloke from Logan
Gimmer is offline Find More Posts by Gimmer
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:10 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,856 Posts
Quote:
The bloke from Redlands chuckles quietly...
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
It's variable but 10 to 14days in my experience. Sometimes 3 weeks but that's rare.

Quote:
cautious32 is offline Find More Posts by cautious32
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:32 AM
Flying Penguin
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post
Finally FPV'd the Penguin.... Thx to Chris for mentioning some CG issues.

After some serious CG alteration (not as per factory) and some fiddling with ele setup and rudder mix it flys pretty nice now.
Nice. I'd be interested to hear what the issues were and the corrections you used as well a a look at your overall setup if possible? Is your elevator on top or bottom? Manufacturer now recommends top mount as per V2 manual.

Out of curiosity, what batteries were you running? I run a either x2 5000mAh 3S, a 5800mAh 3S and 8000mAh 3S (not together of course) and the CoG is always very close to the specs. Have you got all your gear up front - additional weight in the tail or a non-standard motor ESC setup?

Sorry for the questions, but would be good to have information to help others out in-store too...

Cheers mate.
OvrTheHorizonFPV is offline Find More Posts by OvrTheHorizonFPV
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:57 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
707 Posts
Hay SKT

You watchen TV there
nice vid.
CrocEnd is online now Find More Posts by CrocEnd
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:36 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
I know that and Im not from Ipswich I'm for north west Tassie I'm just living in Ipswich for now till I can afford my own place and I said that office works is his best bet, as in I ment the ones he's already been buying from there are his best bet.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:43 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Lol yeah um Logan... That crazy place... Haha it's cool I know why you guys hate on Ipswich it's got some nice places around believe it or not but holy crap this place is FULL of bogan's LOL! myself not included the main reason I'm here is cause I'm looking for work in QLD and my partners parents have a big house, I'm hoping to find an apprenticeship or traineeship as a mechanical engineer it's a pretty hard job to get into but I been aiming for it all my life, anyway that's some background on me to solve any confusion off topic yet relevant so how anyway's have any of you guys thought of flying ove at limestone park? That place is HUGE!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:48 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cautious32 View Post
It's variable but 10 to 14days in my experience. Sometimes 3 weeks but that's rare.
Awesome I can't wait for it also if you ever fly over this way at limestone park or something would be great to meet up cause I'm interested In building a simple multirotor for FPV at sometime and it would be great to see one or two in person before I went ahead and brought stuff
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:23 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
In particular it would be great to see one with ardupilot or AIOP or similar cause that's what I was thinking of building.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
931 Posts
Quote:
In particular it would be great to see one with ardupilot or AIOP or similar cause that's what I was thinking of building.
Here is mine on its' 2nd flight. A little F330 clone with rctimer apm2.5 + GPS.
F330 with APM2.5 2nd flight (10 min 12 sec)

Going through initial test flights and tuning before adding FPV gear. Trying to work out how to make up some undercarriage so I can mount a Gopro underneath DJI Phantom style.

I'm about 25 minutes west of Ippy.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:40 AM
Fully Sick Bro!
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Nov 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse View Post
Here is mine on its' 2nd flight. A little F330 clone with rctimer apm2.5 + GPS.
http://youtu.be/MYh6N1Bs-H8
Going through initial test flights and tuning before adding FPV gear. Trying to work out how to make up some undercarriage so I can mount a Gopro underneath DJI Phantom style.

I'm about 25 minutes west of Ippy.
That's cool as I would help you out with that under carriage but my 3D printer is back in tassie still I'm waiting for my pop to post it up to me and I'm waiting on a new hot end too :/ lol actually my 3D printer is one of the reasons I wanna build a quad I can design the thing from the ground up to carry or handle whatever I want my imagination / budget is the limit