HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:47 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
The forecast isn't that bad. I thought you were a hardened soldier .
Dude, I spent the last 7 years as a medic! Sleeping on stretchers and working in air-conditioned specially made tents!!

Plus, we didn't listen to the forecast last time and got 2 hours of flying done in two days! PM me your next dates available and we'll book it in.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
PM me your next dates available
I'm free this Monday/Tuesday, then it all goes to shite.......
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
I'm free this Monday/Tuesday, then it all goes to shite.......
D'oh!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:22 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,448 Posts
Woke up bleary eyed but headed to the local park despite the friggin typical Perth wind factor.

Test flight of my Naza equipped Flame Wheel. Never flown a Quad before, except my Blade mQX, which is a toy really, but fun all the same. Did a bit of sim practice last week. I'm a fixed wing guy so it's new to me.

Got my satellites loaded and off I went. What the hell! How easy is this? Flew in Attitude mode and was zooming around the oval from the start. Second battery took it out a little further (LOS), and tested the fail-safe. She flew right back to me, landed and flame-out. Awesome. Put another 4 batteries through and headed home.

Got my Hero 2 mounted and rebalanced. Charging batteries and heading back out later to get some footage.

Next weekend, I will FPV it.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
454 Posts
Was an almost perfect day

took the Hexa out for a distance run..video was breaking up all the way,yet the mates similar setup was great. After scratching the head & contemplating a 400 power upgrade, I happened to look at the Tx 3blade cloverleaf......Guess what, it was a TWO leaf..one has fallen off
I've had no crashes, the bloody solder is crap..
anyone had a similar problem with these?
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/produc...-leaf-3-bladed
muduck is offline Find More Posts by muduck
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Aug 2004
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muduck View Post
took the Hexa out for a distance run..video was breaking up all the way,yet the mates similar setup was great. After scratching the head & contemplating a 400 power upgrade, I happened to look at the Tx 3blade cloverleaf......Guess what, it was a TWO leaf..one has fallen off
Straight off the website ..... "user note 4 : If your a world expert legend in your own bubble etc on antenna - and you want to get super picky - you may need to fine tune the soldering to suit your obsession with such things - for the other 99% they work bloody well.

Maybe you need to fine tune the soldering a little, or are you just being super picky ....
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:20 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,195 Posts
Quote:
LMAO. Ask Paul about his from the same shop! Worst built antennas I've ever seen. His 3 leaf clover was sold to him as a clover which in fact it was a SPW with a leaf missing. I use some 2 year old ants made by Mr_B from here on the forums and they haven't failed me yet. Also, although quite pricey the Circular Wireless SPW/SPW combo I got from mongrel are the best I've seen. Haven't tested them out to distance but their craftsmanship are 2nd to none mate.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:23 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Straight off the website ..... "user note 4 : If your a world expert legend in your own bubble etc on antenna - and you want to get super picky - you may need to fine tune the soldering to suit your obsession with such things - for the other 99% they work bloody well.

Maybe you need to fine tune the soldering a little, or are you just being super picky ....
That's their disclaimer for the fact they are crap and they must have had that many returns and complaints about their antennas that they need to try and cover their arses for faulty products.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:32 AM
Now what?
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,005 Posts
Quote:
LMAO. Ask Paul about his from the same shop!
Hey don't forget his other one from the same set where the both ends of the lobes were soldered together.

I guess i'll just be going back to my bubble now......

Have you got any time for a fly in the next two days TS?
narcas is offline Find More Posts by narcas
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,643 Posts
Roger you been busy man. Nice vids. Lake mokoan top spot!
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:50 AM
Registered DSer
Australia, VIC, Hadfield
Joined Mar 2003
2,706 Posts
Have been testing my new Discovery quad. Did the formula thing with Graupner 2-bladed 10x5 props. Got it balanced to perfection, but still the video is a bit wobbly, especially at speed. Decided to try the trusty 2-blader 9X5 props, and to my eye, it flies a quite a bit smoother! More test-flying in order, but if it goes well, I'll have half-a-dozen of these otherwise really nice props for sale soon! I am awaiting a new lens for my GoPro, as the narrow angle view of the Sunnex lens is just too tight for low and fast flying - I'm getting a great view through the pilot's cam, but am disappointed at the severely cropped version I get later on the PC.

Testing is sometimes just that!

Roger.
Kahnx is offline Find More Posts by Kahnx
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:51 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post

If you buy a car & one wheel falls off & you complain, I don't think that here, on the mainland, it is considered being "picky" if you complain.....
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:53 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
454 Posts
Quote:
LMAO. Ask Paul about his from the same shop! Worst built antennas I've ever seen. His 3 leaf clover was sold to him as a clover which in fact it was a SPW with a leaf missing. I use some 2 year old ants made by Mr_B from here on the forums and they haven't failed me yet. Also, although quite pricey the Circular Wireless SPW/SPW combo I got from mongrel are the best I've seen. Haven't tested them out to distance but their craftsmanship are 2nd to none mate.
Has he got a website?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:00 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
319 Posts
i agree. they are not good quality from multiwii. waste of money. binned them. im now using fat shark ones and are pretty solid.
manvsuav is offline Find More Posts by manvsuav
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:54 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,195 Posts
Quote:
Has he got a website?
Www.mongrelgear.com.au

Tell him Sherm sent ya!