SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
45 Posts
1000 pages, keep it up haha
Munyuk is offline Find More Posts by Munyuk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Joined May 2010
2,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
The Cularis is coming together nicely mate. When's the next trip away?
cularis is happening?

happy 1000 folks!
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
Keith
Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
337 Posts
Anyone have a local supply of CAT6E or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable? I'm planning on changing most of my cable out on the Skywalker to try and get better video range.
Great info on this can be found here:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....For-FPV-(CAT-6)
basadia is offline Find More Posts by basadia
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
subsonic's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,128 Posts
Good question. I've been cutting up some spare cables at home looking for something suitable lately, and can't find much that's shielded well.

Maybe Jaycar has something?

Sub,
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:48 PM
Keith
Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
337 Posts
Nah tried them yesterday all they had was unshielded cable.

I have just ordered a 10 meter CAT7 patch lead off Ebay but it will take probably 2-3 weeks to get here.

I am keen to do same range testing as I have just received a new 1.2 heliaxial antenna from CW to go with one of their omni's, want to give it a good distance test now but think I have a fair bit of RFI from my video TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Good question. I've been cutting up some spare cables at home looking for something suitable lately, and can't find much that's shielded well.

Maybe Jaycar has something?

Sub,
basadia is offline Find More Posts by basadia
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:20 AM
Lame-As The real alternative!
narcas's Avatar
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
cularis is happening?
Sure is Hop
narcas is online now Find More Posts by narcas
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:27 AM
Jets Suck (and blow)
Peril's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Deception Bay
Joined Jan 2008
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Sure is Hop
Sorry I've been NA guys, still want to keep in touch but I've been enlisted by the Russians!

Well, kind of, I've taken up part time work building WW2 Aircraft flight models for a new Russian game company. They have offered me full time from mid 2013 if all goes well so I'm a bit busy making sure I impress. It's the other hobby I have that finally may pay my way and I'm keen to pursue this for obvious reasons heheh. Getting up @ 0530 every day so I can talk with Europe leave me a bit tired so the FPV has slipped. If all goes to plan I'll be in my 'dream job' of building ww2 aircraft on a laptop from my pool side in Brissy, and flying FPV on my days off

Crossin' my fingers.
Peril is offline Find More Posts by Peril
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:30 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basadia View Post
Anyone have a local supply of CAT6E or CAT7 shielded twisted pair cable? I'm planning on changing most of my cable out on the Skywalker to try and get better video range.
Great info on this can be found here:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....For-FPV-(CAT-6)
What you are looking for is Class F cable.

See here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_7_cable
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:10 AM
Registered User
Gimmer's Avatar
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
719 Posts
think element14 sell it (fstp cable.) I think they have an Aus warehouse.

A lot of "thinks" cause I am on the phone...
Gimmer is online now Find More Posts by Gimmer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:25 AM
by ZIPPER
ZIPPER's Avatar
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,740 Posts
element14
ZIPPER is online now Find More Posts by ZIPPER
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:24 AM
Keith
Australia, New South Wales, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
337 Posts
FSTP cable sounds similar to USB cable. I have access to lots of that cabling but it does not shield between individual strands, thats the beauty of CAT7. You can run video down one single strand of a pair and audio down another and you a shield between the two. You also get shielding from external RFI due to the shielding around all eight strands.

I have ordered a 20 meter CAT7 patch lead off Ebay ($20) but as it is coming from China will take a couple of weeks. Unless I can find some local will have to wait.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
What you are looking for is Class F cable.

See here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_7_cable
basadia is offline Find More Posts by basadia
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:10 AM
Registered User
Gimmer's Avatar
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
Sorry I've been NA guys, still want to keep in touch but I've been enlisted by the Russians!

Well, kind of, I've taken up part time work building WW2 Aircraft flight models for a new Russian game company. They have offered me full time from mid 2013 if all goes well so I'm a bit busy making sure I impress. It's the other hobby I have that finally may pay my way and I'm keen to pursue this for obvious reasons heheh. Getting up @ 0530 every day so I can talk with Europe leave me a bit tired so the FPV has slipped. If all goes to plan I'll be in my 'dream job' of building ww2 aircraft on a laptop from my pool side in Brissy, and flying FPV on my days off

Crossin' my fingers.

That's awesome Peril. Hope it works out. Let me know if you want beta testers
Gimmer is online now Find More Posts by Gimmer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:27 AM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Get some good vids this weekend men, but stay below 400'!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:52 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Grazer's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,543 Posts
Got the Prado bus all packed up with my FPV gear for an early morning session.

Hope the conditions (wind) play nice.

Have fun this weekend everyone.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Good luck Grazer! I am going to get my ground station running with the EZ tracker (hopefully)
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 8993 Today 04:55 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 167 Mar 24, 2012 08:31 AM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 02:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM