Old Nov 24, 2009, 03:22 AM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Discussion
Help a newbie build a Slow Stick ??

I have never had an RC plane but
I have been lurking an learning and want to build a Slow Stick. Problem is I dont know "exactly"what to order. I need an up to date parts list with links etc. Including a half way decent Transmitter that I can use with the FMS sim and future planes. Can it be done for $120?
Appreciate the help.
LouBoxer is offline Find More Posts by LouBoxer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2009, 04:37 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
It could be done for $120 (not including plane) but it would be a simple setup, with a cheap 4 channel radio.
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:07 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,774 Posts
Why not consider a RTF, (Ready To Fly) trainer that comes complete with everything ?

One of the problems of asking for a list of wants, is ask ten people and you will have ten different lists.

There are plenty of threads on here suggesting what to start with, (again, different people recommend different models), but you can decide from those recommendations and your budget limit. Or perhaps decide to wait and save for a bit longer to get a better model and better equipment.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Nov 24, 2009, 05:49 PM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I would consider spending the extra to get a Super Cub but the radio will not do me any good for future projects from what I read.
I would like to spend approx $120 to start out and get something that is RTF. But I want it to have a decent Trans and other parts that I could use on other planes in the future??
What do you all recomend I get??
Last edited by LouBoxer; Nov 24, 2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 06:06 PM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,463 Posts
GUYS!!!!
make a list of HK stuff, including the 6 ch. radio!!
now!!!
nicoyenny is offline Find More Posts by nicoyenny
Old Nov 24, 2009, 06:48 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
^They're sold out of all of them. Looks like I've found a couple radios I wanna try out for christmas
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Nov 26, 2009, 02:54 AM
Watch out for that TREE!
Houston, Tx
Joined Oct 2006
1,458 Posts
$120 would be tough w/o buying used. $165+ is a more realistic figure.

http://epyaya.com/product_info.php?c...oducts_id=1714

This one includes only 1 battery and no charger , but the cheapest new combo by far. It gives you an idea of what you need, but you can get more versatile components for not much more money with a little hard shopping. Advantage hobby has the SS slope glider for $20. Hobbyking or HeadsupRC for most of the rest. And a used radio if not Hobbyking.

John
GD5015 is offline Find More Posts by GD5015
Old Nov 27, 2009, 07:10 PM
Northernly Inverted
MN USA
Joined Nov 2009
70 Posts
Thanks for the info.
I ordered a Super Cub. Just made more sense for the money. IMHO