HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by fairplane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 06:11 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Discussion
A continuing addiction

So here I am 5 years later and technology improvements have proven to be a downfall for me. With all the new micro technology and spread spektrum at affordable prices it is getting harder to just say NO! Our club decided last winter to try indoor flying so I began surfing the forums to find the best indoor plane. The only one that had no negatives was the Parkzone Vapor. I thought it was damn ugly but the masses said this was the one. So $200 later I pulled out this so called excuse for a plane with its saraan wrap skin and toothpick like structure and figured I'd been had. I tried to fly it in my 12x12 furniture filled rooms and was disappointed i couldn't fly it inside! Although I crashed it a hundred times without breaking anything! So I took it to work where there was more room and what do you know- awesome! This thing could fly so slow and precise or could fly faster by moving the wing forward. The 2 guys with Vapors at our flies seemed to get the most airtime as you could fly 25 min on a MCX battery. I take my Vapor to the lake and on nice calm nights we go for a walk together around the trailer park. And we always have to stop and explain what makes this thing fly! I was never interested in Helis, but flying the vapor wasn't enough so I had to buy a CX2, and then a MCX. Then Parkzone came out with their 4 ch ultra micro Sukhoi, and then the MSR-which I had to have and then the Mustang P51d-aaaagh will it ever end! Now they have come out with the 4 site and a twin heli and and and and it seems to never end! How will I ever survive. One plane at a time-one plane at a time!
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
Last edited by fairplane; Mar 15, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts