HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2001, 10:11 PM
Desert Rat
Rancho Mirage. CA
Joined Jul 2001
81 Posts
OLY II fuselage

I have flown an OLY II for years with an Astro Cobalt 15 on direct frive with 8 cells and a large folder. It was a wierd combination but it worked very well. Unfortunately, the fuselage is gone (don't ask) but the wing is fine. Any idea where I can get a fusalage only, preferably in kit form? BudOrren in Rancho Mirage.
budorren is offline Find More Posts by budorren
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2001, 01:28 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Whyte Wings is no longer kitting the Oly II, so you are SOL for a fuse kit.

Best solution is to get a set of Oly II plans from RCM ( http://www.rcmmagazine.com/ ) and scratch-build the fuse.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Sep 19, 2001, 06:18 PM
Desert Rat
Rancho Mirage. CA
Joined Jul 2001
81 Posts
Bill-Thanx for the info. Now I know why I have not been able to find the OLY in a catalogue or ad. Any suggestion for a kit close enough to use the wing and the electrifying? Bud
budorren is offline Find More Posts by budorren
Old Sep 20, 2001, 09:26 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Not practical to look for a "fuse kit" for an airplane. Fuse kits are not available. Wing kits are available and supply die- or laser-cut sheets of ribs since ribs are a PITA to cut from plans.

You could take your old fuse, make measurements and build a replacement from scratch or buy the plans and scratch build the fuse. The Oly II fuse and tailfeathers are not that difficult to make from sheets and sticks.

DreamCatcher has a lot of nostalgia kits and short kits: http://www.dchobby.com/ .

Good luck!

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau