HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2003, 09:41 AM
Stuck in Norway
Joined Feb 2003
45 Posts
Bad luck or..?

Guys,
in seven flight's I've cracked 4 white/black mini Gunther props, one large black Gunther-prop and 2 "pico-stick"-props..Just bad luck or... Ain't the props "unbreakable"

The arplanes I've used 'em on is something called HyperCub (an Old DPR rubber powered converted into electric model) and a "PizzaBox-aircraft"

Kristian
mini-ellipse is offline Find More Posts by mini-ellipse
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2003, 10:33 AM
Hmm, kerosene... :)
Weert(LB) - the Netherlands
Joined May 2002
953 Posts
The only way I'm able to break the gunthers, is nose-in at full speed into concrete!

How do you land?

Hans
NightSwan is offline Find More Posts by NightSwan
Old May 03, 2003, 05:32 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
I lose the Gunthers on a regular basis when they spin of the shaft of the Firefly, but I've never broken one. Perhaps you should shut the power off before you make contact...
Mike Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Mike Taylor
Old May 03, 2003, 05:51 PM
Who Says Penguins Can't Fly?
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
Yes, I was going to say what Mike did - maybe you should throttle off before you land, or, maybe your landing gear isn't tall enough or juuuuust baaaarely is? That's my best guess. If so, and nothing can be changed, I guess I'd cut throttle a while before landing, and if the prop stops spinning in a vertical position, then do a short burst of throttle, and see where the prop stops again. Repeat until it ends up horizontal, or close.
This is ridiculous, and for me, would kill the fun of flying, but just a thought.

-aeroP
aeropenguin is offline Find More Posts by aeropenguin