SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:14 AM
Joined Sep 2009
3 Posts
Discussion
Servo keeps shaking

Hello, Thank you for look at my thread. My elavator servo keep shaking when i give it down elv and hold. Any ideas what is causeing this? I'm not sure if this is the corect thread, so please re direct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
ThrustRC is offline Find More Posts by ThrustRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:36 AM
Yeppoon Queensland
Joined Oct 2009
242 Posts
It sounds like the servo is jambed. Release the pressure on the stick and slowly push the stich forward. Watch the servo closely and if you find it stops moving but if you still have more stick travel, you need to adjust the servo travel and or the elevators. Check that the elevators can move further with freedom by uncliping the push rod on the servo and then pull the rod forward (this should be down elevator) and see if the elevators are not also jambing. Do the elevators go further down without extra loading on the rod? If they dont move further, look to see what is stopping them. Is the servo arm hitting on the side of the fuse? Check also the opposite side of the servo arm.
Servo shake is caused by something jambing the servo and stopping it from rotating or the servo cant move further but the Tx is trying to make it rotate past its end point. Servo shake can also be caused by standing too close to the Rx and the Rx is overloaded. A flat RX battery can also cause shake to some extent.

Joe
Joe'n Kody is offline Find More Posts by Joe'n Kody
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:11 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
It sounds like the servo travel exceeds the elevator movement. IE, the elevator moves as far as it can go, but the servo is trying to push it farther. This will result in the servo "chatter" you're describing. Disconnect the control rod and check to see what your max elevator deflection is, then check to make sure your servo throw is less than that max deflection. To reduce the throw, you can dial in end point adjustment (EPA) in your TX if it has that, or you can adjust the control rod at the elevator control horn (move it farther away from the surface) or at the servo arm (move it closer to the center of the servo arm).
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:47 PM
F.O. 1-187
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
I had the same problem with something I was building, but I had several servos stacked on top of each other kinda like an arm, and it would swing out. I had all the servos tied into one just to see how it worked. It worked but if I released the control and let the servos snap back into place they would shake and go crazy. Other than that, they worked fine. I just had to let off slowly, and let them move slowly. Anyway, I think it had something to do with the servos trying to go back to their original position, and the balance making them go back and forth. I know your problem only involved one servo right? Maybe it had something to do with the servo not knowing what position it was in. I have had that problem before too.
HotwireHobbies is offline Find More Posts by HotwireHobbies