HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Old May 03, 2003, 03:02 AM
Kevin Sheen
n/a Posts
[RCSE] Phil's bagging video, kevlar TE question, tiny bit of

Hi all,

Tri-State Soaring had our first contest of 2003 in Clarksburg, WV. It turned out to be a great day as early contest days go. First, congrats to Reece Brock for the win on Sunday AND getting 95% of a perfect score. Second, we had 3 new fliers from eastern / central PA join us, woohoo!!! Our turnout has been declining the last couple of years, they were a sight for sore eyes. It was fun to fly with new faces and we hope they they continue coming back. Heck, we may have to schedule more central PA contests.

I got Bill and Phil's adventures in bagging yesterday. We talked about it at Clarksburg and both Bill Grenoble and Jack Dubich said it was great. They were right. I stuck it in the DVD player last night late thinking I'd just check out a couple of minutes and hit the sack. 2 hours later when disk one finished, I was amazed at not only the level of detail contained in the video but also the quality of the video itself and I haven't even seen the second disc. Ordered Monday, viewed Thursday, great service Bill.

I may have missed it in the video and I also searched some of the SALglider / RCSE archives but didn't find an answer so I'll ask: How do you determine the optimum location for the kevlar / carbon layup line / joint for your wings? I looked to me like the kevlar extended from the TE of the mylar to some point ahead of the flaps / ailerons, I just couldn't tell where. Does this kind of a layup apply not only to a 2 piece wing like the Fusion but also a 3 piece like the Mantis? ( I may need to watch disc 2 )

Thanks,

Kevin

www.ts3.org

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to soaring-request@airage.com. Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.