HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Okay I have read Manual on AR6400 and now have dual ailerons. BUT I have to reverse elevator for some reason to make the controls work properly if the servo gears are facing forward on plane - as per usual.

Why would this be?

Also I dont think Ailerons are working properly either and if I reverse aileron function it acts same as elevator/flaps and they move I same direction together.

I have no mixes active either.
Not sure what's going on. Would erasing model memory on my dx6i and rebind to see if that helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Tis okay

I got it set up now

Thank you very much!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Feb 2004
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
I posting my model too, since i switched to the ar6400 from the vapor
Flies like a dream, much more stable than the minium series (i have full vertical too

Pitts 1S, Did my own plans from a bunch of blueprints.
Durobatics 0.5mm
Ribs - Depron ribs 3mm and balsa
Motor - AP03 getting 30 thrust!!
Led Lightsystem - 4 Lights Green/Red/WhiteLanind/Strobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AOrz4OiQus

looks like you printed the plans on to depron? what printer did you use?
sajeev is offline Find More Posts by sajeev
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:37 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Feb 2004
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTigger View Post
My Grob G109! wingspan of 110cm!!! And a take off mass of 76g!

AR 6400 for rudder and elevator!
2 SPMAS2000: for the ailerons!
the 5g silverwind motor from Jamara!
2cells 240mAh lipo!
and i added a brick for the positionlights, anticollisonlight! and landing light!
(switched by the transmitter)

I hope you like it

Toby
WOW!! got plans? kit ?
sajeev is offline Find More Posts by sajeev
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:02 PM
United States, IN, Cedar Lake
Joined Jun 2008
27 Posts
Hey, Razor!

the reversed elevator has to do with which side (top or bottom) of the elevator the control horn is on. Easy fix, just reverse that channel.

Remember with the dual aileron setup if you need to reverse the operating direction of the ailerons, you have to reverse BOTH the aileron and flap channels. I believe this will have the effect you're looking for. also make sure you have dual aileron turned on in the transmitter mixes.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Okay I have read Manual on AR6400 and now have dual ailerons. BUT I have to reverse elevator for some reason to make the controls work properly if the servo gears are facing forward on plane - as per usual.

Why would this be?

Also I dont think Ailerons are working properly either and if I reverse aileron function it acts same as elevator/flaps and they move I same direction together.

I have no mixes active either.
Not sure what's going on. Would erasing model memory on my dx6i and rebind to see if that helps?
BeyondParallax is offline Find More Posts by BeyondParallax
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:22 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
thank you sir.

I will try these tips~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondParallax View Post
Hey, Razor!

the reversed elevator has to do with which side (top or bottom) of the elevator the control horn is on. Easy fix, just reverse that channel.

Remember with the dual aileron setup if you need to reverse the operating direction of the ailerons, you have to reverse BOTH the aileron and flap channels. I believe this will have the effect you're looking for. also make sure you have dual aileron turned on in the transmitter mixes.

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:43 PM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
Just so everyone is clear ................

The Um-P51 motor is the same for the UM T28 -Trojan...................
The UM-P51 prop shaft/gear is the same for the UM T-28 Trojan ..... BUT ....................

The UM-P51 motor mount (plastic piece that holds the motor and prop shaft/gear in alignment) IS NOT THE SAME as used in the UM T-28 Trojan. Not sure about the e-flite models as I don't own any.

So to conclude: A UM-P51 motor/prop saft/gear assembly will somewhat fit/work in a UM T-28 (because it's smaller) but not sure if the the UM T-28 Trojan full setup would work in the UM P-51 (because of clearance/fitting issues)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is everyone now fully confused -- LOL
ckreef is offline Find More Posts by ckreef
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:20 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
Just so everyone is clear ................

The Um-P51 motor is the same for the UM T28 -Trojan...................
The UM-P51 prop shaft/gear is the same for the UM T-28 Trojan ..... BUT ....................

The UM-P51 motor mount (plastic piece that holds the motor and prop shaft/gear in alignment) IS NOT THE SAME as used in the UM T-28 Trojan. Not sure about the e-flite models as I don't own any.

So to conclude: A UM-P51 motor/prop saft/gear assembly will somewhat fit/work in a UM T-28 (because it's smaller) but not sure if the the UM T-28 Trojan full setup would work in the UM P-51 (because of clearance/fitting issues)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is everyone now fully confused -- LOL
The difference in the mounts is in the mounting. The Champ and 4-site use different mounts, too. The gear shaft/spur gear is the same for all the 8.4mm motor micros. The newer models use a newer, larger nut, but it will work on the older models, too.

Kyosho 1.5mm Shafts/spur gears work in all 8.4mm motor PKZ planes, too.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:48 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Everyone thinks that PZ is expensive - kyosho is worse from what I have seen in pricing.

especially spare parts

BUT

do they fly well?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:57 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Everyone thinks that PZ is expensive - kyosho is worse from what I have seen in pricing.

especially spare parts

BUT

do they fly well?
My Christen Eagle I bought Tokyo in August was $65 (5500 Yen) for the plane set.

The Kyosho Edge 540 is the best flying aerobatic 3 channel UM I have ever flown and the airframe is unbelievable after a AR6400/Mustang motor swap. Converted to 4 channel, It weighs 2g less than the original sukhoi and is 4.5g less if you keep it Aileron/Elevator.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:33 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
good to know.

i am curious to see how the new NE Yak 54 stacks up again other UM's

the P47 I want lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
My Christen Eagle I bought Tokyo in August was $65 (5500 Yen) for the plane set.

The Kyosho Edge 540 is the best flying aerobatic 3 channel UM I have ever flown and the airframe is unbelievable after a AR6400/Mustang motor swap. Converted to 4 channel, It weighs 2g less than the original sukhoi and is 4.5g less if you keep it Aileron/Elevator.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:57 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Quote:

especially spare parts

BUT

do they fly well?
I own the fly baby and the citabria and both fly awesome! the flybaby does great low passes and some nice aerobatics.
the planes are very durable too... I've crashed nose first 8 times with the flybaby while trying to do low aerobatics and the prop shaft is still like stock...
the citabria is a more relaxing plane and slower than the flybaby and is very hard to crash but it is definitely not for aerobatics.

sorry about posting off-topic in this thread...

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:02 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Cool

Thanks

I don't know of any dealers in my area that sell kyosho; online a lot of sites would I imagine.

QUOTE=starscream4002;16572858]I own the fly baby and the citabria and both fly awesome! the flybaby does great low passes and some nice aerobatics.
the planes are very durable too... I've crashed nose first 8 times with the flybaby while trying to do low aerobatics and the prop shaft is still like stock...
the citabria is a more relaxing plane and slower than the flybaby and is very hard to crash but it is definitely not for aerobatics.

sorry about posting off-topic in this thread...

SS[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
Cherry Hill, NJ
Joined May 2005
631 Posts
this is the Super Spoil Sport kit from BSD micro RC

more photos and specs video added
hauntfreaks is offline Find More Posts by hauntfreaks
Last edited by hauntfreaks; Nov 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: video added
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:23 AM
The new guy
Londonderry, NH
Joined Oct 2010
528 Posts
I have a spare 6400 kicking around and was planning on making some sort of 3 channel trainer type plane for my back yard. I was either going to go with a cessna-like profile high wing made of EPP or if I felt particularly brave a Vapor-like knock off made by welding zip-ties together and covering with mylar. But that Spoil Sport looks exactly like what I'd want. How does it fly?
Chris_F is offline Find More Posts by Chris_F
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:12 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,942 Posts
Elevon Morback

Finally finished it but yet to maiden. All 2mm Depron colored with Sharpies. 11'' span 12'' at the elevons tips and 12'' long. AP03-4000kv and a XP-7A esc using a 2-cell Hyperion 120's pushing a 5030 prop. Hope it flies better than the Elevon Sumo with the BL setup and can't wait for calm weather. I wish I went with 3mm Depron because it makes a much stiffer airframe.
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv