HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:27 AM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
450 Posts
Whats the part # on the 3 pin micro Deans?
tomcor is offline Find More Posts by tomcor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:40 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,068 Posts
my 15" micro dlg is almost done (it's technically a champ brick, but it's close enough) I have built it, installed the brick, made the control surfaces, and added a throwing peg. all I have left to do is find some thin wire to use for pushrods, and I can finish it. for now, I've given it a little up elevator and right rudder and done some free flight launches, and I can get about 50 to 80 feet on a decent throw. wings are $tree foam with the paper removed and an aerofoil sanded in, and the tail is $tree foam with the paper removed and then sliced down to half thickness with a utility knife blade. cf boom is from my old micro stik, and it is rudder/elevator, no ailerons (with about 20 degrees of dihedral) I'll take some pics and weigh it tonight.
baconflyer is online now Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:49 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2110 View Post
I Just cut them out of the wing. The styrofoam was strong enough that I didn't need a spar.
Sorry...I meant to say:
Quote:
What are you using for aileron servos?
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2012
325 Posts
I used the SPMAS2000L
boa2110 is online now Find More Posts by boa2110
Last edited by boa2110; Feb 26, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:33 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,892 Posts
Bacon Flyer,

You need this graphic.
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Feb 26, 2013, 03:46 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2110 View Post
I used the SPMAS2000L
Good deal. I presume you had two servos instead of using a single servo/bellcrank?
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,085 Posts
Guys does anyone have a spare champ/vapor brick laying around? Heck I would even take a target clone at this point. Need it for a micro 210 cessna from hopmeup
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:58 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3 Posts
micro depron telemaster

this little plane is made of 1mm depron, with packing tape on the exterior. I basically cover one side of the foam with tape and cut out the parts. the fuse is made out of one piece and is folded together like origami. I have no idea what it weighs, I am using the playmate motor/gear box, and a ar6400 clone, some carbon rods for the wings and sing hold downs. flies nice, no footage yet, but will post when I can get a camera man. ws is 20 inches, fuse length is 12 inches, a little more than an inch wide. battery is a is 170 lipo. I also have some lighter 140s. Plans were created in adobe illustrator.
merc650 is offline Find More Posts by merc650
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:48 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,787 Posts
Just finished this micro aces kit last night. AR6400 transplanted from PZ UM Corsair. Maidening today!
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:06 PM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
271 Posts
Dual aileron programming problem

Following manual for above, right aileron servo went to full down and servo squealed as if still trying to drive aileron. Unplugged immediatey, manually centred servo, repowered tx, then rx...same result.
HELP!
Bill Quantock is offline Find More Posts by Bill Quantock
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:54 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Quantock View Post
Following manual for above, right aileron servo went to full down and servo squealed as if still trying to drive aileron. Unplugged immediatey, manually centred servo, repowered tx, then rx...same result.
HELP!
If you flip the flap switch, what happens?

Swap plugs and see if the left aileron does the same and the right works.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:14 PM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
271 Posts
Dual aileron problem solved...new model to maiden

UNGN thanks for your response. I went back to the workshop after thinking about it and before I got back to the computer the problem was resolved. I set the Tx for flaperon wingtype and everything worked fine.
I haven't posted any pictures here for a while as I've not created anything using an AR6400. Below are pics of my DHC2 Beaver using the AR6400, 8?mm brushed motor and 160mah 1S. Model is 27" WS and weighs just under 50g...wheels, windshield and LG trims to go. It'll be indoor only and with my other scratch builds, if I keep the weight around 55g, the brick and 8mm brushed are enough. Will pretty it up with trim paint and graphics and hope to maiden this weekend. Surprisingly, according to my finger check, if the battery is located in the cowling, the model is nose heavy!
Bill Quantock is offline Find More Posts by Bill Quantock
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:32 AM
GH crash - I practice a lot
Joined Oct 2011
82 Posts
From a UM Mosquito

OK, you guys inspired me to post.

Here is one of my latest projects. It is a twin designed to use the motors and 6400 receiver out of a Parkzone’s UM Mosquito. Its scratch built all the way, design to a flight ready plane. Twenty inch wing span and 59 grams flying weight, a half ounce lighter than the Mosquito. I used 3 millimeter Depron for the wing, 2mm Depron for the rest. I even did a “military” version where I used the props from the Parkzone UM Spitfire Mk IX and gave it a camo paint job top and bottom.
ghcrash is offline Find More Posts by ghcrash
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:48 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,498 Posts
UM Profile 3D P-51 2nd Maiden (4 min 5 sec)
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:58 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,892 Posts
Valiant GLX,
Wow, got enough power? It was doing really well, to bad about the fuse, maybe a cf tube the length of the fuse would help.
I hope you fix it, and we get more video...
Thanks.

GHCrash,
Thanks for posting the twin, really nice, do we get video?
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon