dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:59 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon View Post
Nice graphics, did that add much weight? Whatever, it is worth the weight!
It will be a bit heavier than the stock e'Racer. The stock racer comes graphics printed on paper for the fuse and the surfaces. http://retrorc.us.com/katana-3-2-2-1-1-1.aspx

I used them on the fuse and the bottom surfaces. I used the optional spider print tissue paper on the top surfaces.
Petefoss is offline Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Looks like the Pontiac soccer arena...
Correct! Ultimate Soccer. Come out and fly the day after Christmas Dave, 11AM-3PM.

Pete
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:19 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,959 Posts
Thanks, I should, I will have my Son from Toronto who can fly, but will want to race RC cars.
BTW, would he need AMA membership to fly at The Ultimate Soccer Arena? I think they wanted to see mine, but I don't know if it was required.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,458 Posts
Yes, AMA membership is required to fly there. Park pilot minimum.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,959 Posts
Well my Son is an accomplished RC Pilot, he won't want to be a spectator, so I guess it will be RC car racing...
Thanks
-Dave
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:25 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,552 Posts
Quote:
Well my Son is an accomplished RC Pilot, he won't want to be a spectator, so I guess it will be RC car racing...
Thanks
-Dave
If your son is under 19, AMA membership is free.
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
This little 16" ws Jumping Bean sport/pattern ship uses the motor and Rx from a Stryker UMX. This is a 2 cell brushless non AS3X system. The X in UMX designates 2 cell brushless.

I launched the Jumping Bean right behind a 70mm F-16 this past weekend at a fly-in in Mullberry FL. I was able to pass him at will. When I went to see what his setup was he had packed up and left the field. I will admit it was not a very fast F-16 but the Bean will do 60 +.

Dr John
Here's the video from a shakedown flight that was done this morning. I would say that control authority was great. The rudder has enough for climbing knife edges, elevator can pull vertical from inverted, and plenty of power whan you crank up the throttle. Slow speed handling is spot on. An excellent pattern bird that can even do some 3D. Gotta get one of these for myself.

Dr. Johns UMX Jumping Bean (4 min 40 sec)
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Dec 16, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
Is the Jumping Bean a scaled down Jelly Bean? Any plans?

Thanks!
TreeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TreeFlyer
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,023 Posts
I have a um p51 and a champ that have seen better days, suggestions for nice flying airframes? I wouldn't mind an easy flyer for the champs electronics, and something more aerobatic for the p-51. Material doesn't matter, I love balsa and foam both.
Thanks!
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Aug 1999
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Yes, AMA membership is required to fly there. Park pilot minimum.

Ken
I'm pretty sure we would accept MAC membership too.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:43 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFlyer View Post
Is the Jumping Bean a scaled down Jelly Bean? Any plans?

Thanks!
Yes and no. It is based on a scaled down Jelly Bean. No plans at this time, however I can provide laser cut Depron Kits. PM for details

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:10 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,959 Posts
Pete, Tim, all

Thank you for the membership details, Son Erik is 30, and we used to fly a lot (with both Erik and Aaron, identical twins), many years ago. Presently they fly a few times a year, either at my house with a foam Capricorn, or Aaron's home with a YF-22 foamy.

They both prefer RC cars now, and love to get together to go to the local tracks around the Detroit 'burbs (Larry's in Utica or Dirt Burners in Livonia)

I apologize for the short disruption of the main thread, but I felt I had to finish the subject, thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:51 AM
P. Seitz
United States, IA, Mechanicsville
Joined Jan 2006
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alset View Post
The shrink tube that comes with the Parkzone pushrod/end-pieces is smaller than the smallest shrink tube an electronics parts store carries. So where can one get this very small shrink tube?
The local auto parts store will be able to get any size you need. The Au-ve-co company has a cataloge . Every auto parts store has one.

preasemble you pushrod asembly (or use two parts the same size as your pushrod parts) size and shrink your tubeing on the pushrod. you will have the perfect size sleave for your pushrod . with on danger of melting your acft. center your servo, align the flying surface . A small drop of superglue it will wick along under the shrink tube and will never come apart !

Paul
seitz2c is offline Find More Posts by seitz2c
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
Gunbarrel, CO
Joined Dec 2006
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seitz2c View Post
The local auto parts store will be able to get any size you need. The Au-ve-co company has a cataloge . Every auto parts store has one.
Won't work. Catalogue, page 201, shows smallest size 3/64", which is smallest size electronic stores normally stock. This is larger than the Parkzone shrink tube. I did found a specialty store on the Internet that carries very small sizes but probably not worth paying the shipping charges - just get by with the 3/64".
alset is offline Find More Posts by alset