Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:14 PM
"Watch out for...CRUNCH!!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Jul 2008
218 Posts
That plane looks alot like the firefox chuck glider and I know that someone has converted that to rc before, just do a search on the forums and you should come up with the thread.
Modarius is offline Find More Posts by Modarius
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:31 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Has anyone tried binding an AS3X board (mig15)and a non AS3Xboard (V1 Beast) to the same model memory on a DX8. I am working on a twin EDF using Mig fans and need the second board for the second ESC. Flight controls will be handled by the AS3X board.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:56 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
Has anyone tried binding an AS3X board (mig15)and a non AS3Xboard (V1 Beast) to the same model memory on a DX8. I am working on a twin EDF using Mig fans and need the second board for the second ESC. Flight controls will be handled by the AS3X board.

John
why not use 2 escs, its the cheaper and better option
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
I have boards here. I do not have two tiny brushless ESCs. Buying two ESCs will not be cheaper than using what is on hand.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
Richard Cox
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Dec 2003
648 Posts
There is no reason why you can't bind 2 receivers to one model. Just do them separately, with the other one powered down.
Richard Cox is offline Find More Posts by Richard Cox
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:46 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2012
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker View Post
Here's my latest design - the Fokker Eindecker. Construction is 1/32" (.75mm) sheet balsa covered with tissue. The graphics were printed on the tissue using a color laser printer and then glued to the airframe using a Elmers purple glue stick. Printed tissue is now my preferred method for finishing micro models. It's exceptionally light weight, the graphics are nice and sharp and the tissue adds a tremendous amount of strength to the balsa.

AUW is about 2oz (56g). The airframe itself is much lighter, but due to the very short nose and very long tail, I had to add in 1/2oz (14g) of lead in the nose (which I was expecting). Specs are as follows:
Length: 14.15" (36cm)
Span: 18.75" (47.6cm)
Wing Area: 61.2 sq.in (395 sq. cm)
Weight: 2oz. (56g)
Wing Loading: 4.5oz/sq.ft (.15g/sq.cm)
this looks great, i hope the nose heavy issues get resolved. fingers crossed micron get them in stock in the uk.
paul_mccaughey is offline Find More Posts by paul_mccaughey
Last edited by paul_mccaughey; Oct 30, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typos
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_mccaughey View Post
this looks great, i hope the nose heavy issues get resolved. fingers crossed micron get them in stock in the uk.
I'm going to shorten the tail by 1" which should minimize any weight that needs to be added to the nose. I'm actually getting ready to ship and order to Micron. I'm going to see if Andy wants me to include one with the order for evaluation.

Zeke
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:48 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
I have boards here. I do not have two tiny brushless ESCs. Buying two ESCs will not be cheaper than using what is on hand.

John
Just make sure that they output the same amount of power or your project will be flying in circles.

Technical data on your bricks can be found here: http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Produc...Receivers.aspx
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,571 Posts
I test flew the 10" nutball the other day had issues with having to steer it round the sky with the left stick. I'm using a cheap and nasty 4ch toy transmitter that came with a vapor. Is there a way of reprogramming the brick so that the rudder servo is on channel 1 ?

Regards

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,326 Posts
Short answer is no. You have to do it via transmitter mixing.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:45 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,571 Posts
Thanks Pete, I'll go and practice flying left handed on the simulator, being a mode 1 flyer just makes it harder.

Terry
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:04 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
What sort or transmitter are you using, Terry? On a DX6i or better, you can effectively swap the sticks over using mixes. On a DX5e, you need to do the rewiring trick - fit a DPDT (changeover) switch to swap the centre wires between the two pots, then you can have it whichever way you want it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post12107765

The trim is stilll on the wrong stick, but you get used to that. It's actually quite convenient for a 3CH plane - you can trim the rudder without letting go of the rudder stick.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed that bit. It could no doubt be done just the same with the toy style transmitter but you'd have to cut tracks, and add wires.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:36 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,571 Posts
Andy

I'm using the cheap and nasty 4channel Tx that came with my Vapor, not ideal I know. My DX 5E has gone out of use after it developed an intermittent fault where it would cease to transmit (took me ages to figure it out) for a few seconds long enough to crash the model but working fine when I picked up the bits.

Given the poor quality of the two I have I'm reluctant to waste more money on Spektum transmitters . I really dont like the ergonomics of the DX6 plus the lack of a throttle activated timer as for the DX7 I dont spend that much on transmitters. Compared to my trusty Hitec Optic 6 both spektrum offerings are pretty poor.

Anyway Rant over I have gotten round the problem using an extra servo plugged into the brick Ch 1 output . Yes I'm hauling round an extra gram and a half but I can fly the thing now. Once the model is sorted I may go back to left stick flying.

Regards

Terry
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:14 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Andy

I'm using the cheap and nasty 4channel Tx that came with my Vapor, not ideal I know. My DX 5E has gone out of use after it developed an intermittent fault where it would cease to transmit (took me ages to figure it out) for a few seconds long enough to crash the model but working fine when I picked up the bits.

Given the poor quality of the two I have I'm reluctant to waste more money on Spektum transmitters . I really dont like the ergonomics of the DX6 plus the lack of a throttle activated timer as for the DX7 I dont spend that much on transmitters. Compared to my trusty Hitec Optic 6 both spektrum offerings are pretty poor.

Anyway Rant over I have gotten round the problem using an extra servo plugged into the brick Ch 1 output . Yes I'm hauling round an extra gram and a half but I can fly the thing now. Once the model is sorted I may go back to left stick flying.

Regards

Terry
A new Option for a Cheap TX is the Turnigy 9X with a DSM2/DSMX module.

You can now get a 9 Channel Computer TX for less than $100 Shipped ($50 for TX/$30 for Module)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:18 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
A new Option for a Cheap TX is the XXX with a DSM2/DSMX module.
Shhhh! If you don't quit alerting folks to this apparent great deal, HK will NEVER have/keep them in stock.

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01