HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
822 Posts
Nice!

Here's my new UM Yak-55 V3 I'm making for a friend.("Not Free" helped)(I had to mention this, or else he would kill me)

AUW= ~32 grams

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Looks nice!

Decided to finish my new project when I get back the national astronomy olympiad summer course. Wish me luck in the exams!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
138 Posts
Hey Free thats awesome, I've thought about attempting something like that but figured my structure would be too weak. What did you cover it with?

Jeff
arauser is offline Find More Posts by arauser
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
Ozark,AR
Joined Nov 2005
138 Posts
oh I see, a produce bag : )
arauser is offline Find More Posts by arauser
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
822 Posts
Haha, thanks!

Strength is a challenge, but so is weight. You should try one!(It took me over 10 UMs to get a good mix of weight/strength)(Would be hard to beat that!)

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:43 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts

After months of inactivity on the Un-Official Micro-Flyers Video Challenge thread, I think the time has come to create a new challenge thread, including revised rules, more challenge categories, and fresh new concepts. So I have created the new Micro Flyers Great and Small Video Challenge thread to cater for all of the micro flying audience by adding 5 new challenge categories.

All of the challenge categories are as follows:
  • Helis (IN BLUE)
  • Helis 3D (IN LIGHT BLUE)
  • Quads (IN GREEN)
  • Quads 3D (IN DARK GREEN)
  • Planes (IN RED)
  • Planes 3D (IN ORANGE)
  • FPV also including the use of "key chain cams" and other micro recording devices (IN PURPLE)

Additionally I have added a Hall of Fame where you can compete to get your name on the podium in your respective flying class for the ultimate bragging rights.

valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arauser View Post
Thanks Andy,
I work for a printing company and I use water based inks which is what I use in my air brush. It has a pretty good adhesion to the foam but I still have spots that sometime pick off. I have to dab alittle back on with a Q- tip. I use a low tack mylar for most of stenciling. A friend told me he has good luck sticking the masking tape to his jeans a couple of times before applying it so it will lose some of its tack.

Jeff
Cool. Thanks, arauser. Now the indoor season is about to get started again, I'll give some more thought to getting an airbrush.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:15 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Here's my beastie....

Although I am going to fit it with a AR6410T DSMX 6CH as well as other doner goodies from a micro mosquito. While not technically a AR6400 it is from the same kettle of fish, just with an extra brushed ESC.

The electronics are on their way from the states, and I hope to get a running video up in the next few weeks
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
ค๔๔เςtє๔ t๏ R/C
United States, WA, University Place
Joined Jul 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Here's my beastie....

Although I am going to fit it with a AR6410T DSMX 6CH as well as other doner goodies from a micro mosquito. While not technically a AR6400 it is from the same kettle of fish, just with an extra brushed ESC.

The electronics are on their way from the states, and I hope to get a running video up in the next few weeks
That is so awesome! and perfect! very high quality work
resonatortune is offline Find More Posts by resonatortune
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:23 PM
Central Massachusetts
Joined Aug 2006
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Here's my beastie....The electronics are on their way from the states, and I hope to get a running video up in the next few weeks
Looks great please update this thread when you have it flying
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:54 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maunzel View Post
Hi Guys !

Here is my Antonov AN-2

I used 2mm Depron. The weight is 40 gramms.
The motor and gear is from Parkzone Mustang
1S 160 mAh

This combination is a little weak, but enough to fly ``scale´´

greetings from Germany !
Maunzel
Hallo,

Wo in Deutschland kommst du, ich lebe in Berlin aber ich komme aus Australien. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber ich versuche, manchmal LOL

MFG,
Wilhelm
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,708 Posts
Very nice, valiantGLX. I've considered making one of those. I bought the West Wings stick and tissue kit to make one, but I haven't got round to it yet.

Will yours be a pusher? EDFs look good but they're just so impractical.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Very nice, valiantGLX. I've considered making one of those. I bought the West Wings stick and tissue kit to make one, but I haven't got round to it yet.

Will yours be a pusher? EDFs look good but they're just so impractical.
I was considering a EDF or 2 to begin with, but like you said they are too impratical, and she won't be a pusher either

I plan on adding 2 extra 3x2cm pices of depron to the front of the wings and cutting a small section of the wing out, so less than half of the props will be going through wings.

Excuse the dodgy diagram (try to disregard the dots), but a bit like the below:

.............../
._______/
......O.../
......I I./
......I I
...../
.../

She should fly like a dream with the twin counter rotating props, and the prop wash going directly over the elevons Sadly I wont be using the V-tail though Instead I want to add the rudder underneath the plane (its hard to explain how Im going to do it, but you'll understand once its done )
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,435 Posts
That F117 looks killer

Good work!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:43 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Joined Sep 2011
2,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
That F117 looks killer

Good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Very nice, valiantGLX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Looks great please update this thread when you have it flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatortune View Post
That is so awesome! and perfect! very high quality work
Oh shucks Thanks guys.

Shes my own design too. Originally I made the plans for the best paper plane in the world (which flies perfectly I might add), but then I scaled it up and made her out of a combination of 3 and 6 mm depron about a year ago. I never got around to finishing it at the time cause I was deterred by the comments in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1511215

However after alot of time on Phoenix with the F117 I am now going to follow through with my dream. Also I'd like to make a nano rc version of it, the details are on the last page of the above mentioned thread.