HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:52 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
If you do enough looking, they can be found for a reasonable price: http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...c,12109.0.html

A quick search for "blade breaker" on Ebay turned up a lot of good results: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...breaker&_sop=1

I've made my own holders that work exceptionally well for me. I must admit that I "borrowed" the idea from an article I found on Small Flying Arts. Pictures and the link to that article are in this post. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=173
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Last edited by PiperCub49; Jul 03, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:07 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon View Post
Yes and if you could get holders for these blades, they would be great, as they are very sharp. The availability can't be beat!
Using flat pliers, you can snap the double/single edge razor blades into any shape you want, including to fit into an Xacto handle. I snap the blades while holding them inside a transparent plastic baggie.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:26 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Using flat pliers, you can snap the double/single edge razor blades into any shape you want, including to fit into an Xacto handle. I snap the blades while holding them inside a transparent plastic baggie.

Gene K
I've tried both of these techniques, and with my luck, neither one worked for me. My blades don't have a high enough carbon content for a nice snap, so I use tin snips. I also tried to fit one in my Xacto handle, but there wasn't nearly enough support for regular cutting. Again, this was my personal experience. It seems like I'm sort of the odd man out though. To each his own...

Kody
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:56 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperCub49 View Post
My blades don't have a high enough carbon content for a nice snap, so I use tin snips.
I align the flat of the pliers where I want the snap, then press at a shallow angle on my workbench until the blade snaps. I use bulk blades from Excel, as shown here http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/...ty-razor/BEO65.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:16 PM
Gary
USA, CT, Sandy Hook
Joined Dec 2009
824 Posts
I go to the local dollar store - buy disposable razors, 10 or 20 for a buck, and break them open. Great blades very sharp, easy to use. One feature I like is the flexibility. You can lay one end flat on a t-28 micro wing for example and still have the blade curved up to hold. Easy to separate the wing from the fuselage with no damage. I use them all the time.
gklein is online now Find More Posts by gklein
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:17 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,049 Posts
Lots of good ideas, there's got to be a method here to suit everybody's needs. Since it is hard to have less than a year's supply with 10 in a package, I just keep ordering them from HK whenever I think of it.

Thanks for the research everybody!
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:41 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
I second that, dbacon. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:38 AM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
Hay Im having trouble with my ar6400 the unit cam with a UM P-51 but I'm gonna useit in a miniature model to test a twin boom with V tail dessign but I've foud out that when I enable the v tail mix in my dx6i the controls are reversed like this in the v tail configuration the elevator goes up and down both servos together and in rudder they run opposed well in my board in elevator they go opposed and in rudder they go together why this happens?
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:34 AM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
Hay Im having trouble with my ar6400 the unit cam with a UM P-51 but I'm gonna useit in a miniature model to test a twin boom with V tail dessign but I've foud out that when I enable the v tail mix in my dx6i the controls are reversed like this in the v tail configuration the elevator goes up and down both servos together and in rudder they run opposed well in my board in elevator they go opposed and in rudder they go together why this happens?
Hi!
The easy answer is that one of your servos needs to be reversed, which can be done by programming the AR6400 itself (instead of tweeking your Tx).
Depending on, if either you rudder or elevator might allready move in the wanted direction, try reversing the other channel. It might be as simple as that, but you might also have to reverse i.e. the rudder channel on your Tx to obtain the right direction of movement (not in between the servos, but compared to the airframe itself). Here's a link to the AR6400 manual with the programming (a nice trick is to use elastics to hold the Tx's sticks in place for the programming).

Good luck :-)
Chrizz is offline Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Chrizz; Jul 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:55 AM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
Thanks I need something to fly in the Sumer as I trashed the mustang and the pieces aren't in stock
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
Am I a Registered user?
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Feb 2012
205 Posts
Mine is a stock P-51.
Eratix 3D is offline Find More Posts by Eratix 3D
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
miataman
Erie Pa.
Joined Oct 2007
685 Posts
Hi Guys! Here is my new favorites. I built 2 Goldguy nutballs at 18". One with AET and one with elevon rudder. The elevon one was my favorite until I found Aeronots piYak in 14" is my favorite now.
All use HK 415 receivers Turnigy 6g ESC 5320 servos and 180 nanotech 2 cell batts.
If you want a flying experiance build one of these.
I have a 11" piYak on the bench now for one cell so I can meet the 2oz max for our indoor flying this coming season. will use same equip except for the motor which will be the forsite motor and gb with brushed ESC.
JCS
Sorry Guys, I was in the 5 and 10 g motor thread. These could use 6400 receivers. How do I get this post to the 5 and 10 g thread?
miatamama is offline Find More Posts by miatamama
Last edited by miatamama; Jul 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:01 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Your first picture reminded me of this.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...fer+foam+plate
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:33 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
911 Posts
Here is my new plane called the "Firebolt"! (Designed with "Not Free")

It is a pylon racer, V2 will be faster!

V2 will have less wing area/bigger tail surfaces!

AUW=34 grams

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:41 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Nice.

Get the nose to taper down a bit.
Make narrower ailerons.
Get rid of the couter balance tabs too. They add extra leading edges which creates more drag.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case