HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:04 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,543 Posts
i'm replacing my 6400 with this setup !!

Parkzone Ultra Micro T 28 brushless RC Plane conversion for $38.37 (3 min 4 sec)
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
But its limited to 3a output. Not usually an issue but can be limiting sometimes. The as3x brick is 5a, so better.
Adding a seperate ESC gives a bit more flexibility.
Are you suggesting on connecting an external ESC to the AS3X board? If so, what pin would the throttle signal come from? Thanks.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Are you suggesting on connecting an external ESC to the AS3X board? If so, what pin would the throttle signal come from? Thanks.
No. Just pointing out for the guy wanting to do the bl conversion some of the amp numbers. He's probably best off with the external ESC on the existing ar6400 unless he can get a killer deal on an as3x board or ar6400bl
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:07 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,205 Posts
um Fokker D8

Fokker D8 or EV as you prefer....
A frankenstein model...
FZ Dr1 fuselage, elevator and landing gear
P51 motor/gearbox, Rx and wing
Main wing strut is a 4site landing gear

BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
I would skip the paper and copy the design on to foam, you could make it profile. If I

am understanding you correctly that is what I would do.

Free
I found another thread where someone used a fiddlers green model as a template to cut the pattern into 1mm depron and fold it around, then he glassed it to make a fuselage for a heli, but I might use the basic idea of just tracing the paper template onto depron and make some slightly sturdier chuck gliders at first and possibly eventually try to make an R/C that way with some additional internal structure..

Might try to just make a cheap external shell for my MSR using their Huey plans too with just card stock Gonna work on that today just assembling one. The 172 I made came out horrible but it was my first try making a paper plane like that. It does actually kinda sorta glide, not sure if it is meant to.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar View Post
Fokker D8 or EV as you prefer....
A frankenstein model...
FZ Dr1 fuselage, elevator and landing gear
P51 motor/gearbox, Rx and wing
Main wing strut is a 4site landing gear

Ingenious! With so many spare parts available out there, I'm surprised why they're not being used for scratch building.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
I found another thread where someone used a fiddlers green model as a template to cut the pattern into 1mm depron and fold it around, then he glassed it to make a fuselage for a heli, but I might use the basic idea of just tracing the paper template onto depron and make some slightly sturdier chuck gliders at first and possibly eventually try to make an R/C that way with some additional internal structure..

Might try to just make a cheap external shell for my MSR using their Huey plans too with just card stock Gonna work on that today just assembling one. The 172 I made came out horrible but it was my first try making a paper plane like that. It does actually kinda sorta glide, not sure if it is meant to.
Sorry to here about the 172, but you have to start somewhere. The built up fuselage sounds good, have fun.

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Ingenious! With so many spare parts available out there, I'm surprised why they're not being used for scratch building.
Fine point, Using different parts from different kits to assemble an airplane is " kit bashing". Scratch building is a horse of an entirely different color. It involves starting with a set of plans or drawing your own plans, cutting all the parts and building the airplane.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:23 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
Fine point, Using different parts from different kits to assemble an airplane is " kit bashing". Scratch building is a horse of an entirely different color. It involves starting with a set of plans or drawing your own plans, cutting all the parts and building the airplane.

John
Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, MD, Aberdeen
Joined Feb 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon View Post
I had to do the same, but when you "Re-Up" you can put your old number down and you will get it. Mine isn't near as great, but still, I got it: 342006
Agreed, I quit for abour 6 years and I got my old number back, I have # 3130. But I lost my Contest Director Title.

This thread is very interesting, it has alot of good ideas!
68Fastblack is offline Find More Posts by 68Fastblack
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:01 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,825 Posts
18 Inch F3F-2 Maiden .. it was a little windy and she was a slight bit tail heavy but she did fine .. if it calms any this coming week i will try her again .. next will be a fully decorated version..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:03 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,836 Posts
Hah, thought that first pic was the F3 stuck in power lines till I zoomed in
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,015 Posts
Me too! I wondered why it wasn't the last pic! Glad to see we were wrong. Nice job Vyceroy.
dbacon is online now Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:14 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Guys I am desperatly searching for a umx 4site. I had one, flew the heck out of it then stripped the guts for another project and stupidly stepped on the airframe so I just tossed it. Now I want another as I have a place to fly indoors this winter. Anyone have one they want to get rid of??
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:41 AM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Guys I am desperatly searching for a umx 4site. I had one, flew the heck out of it then stripped the guts for another project and stupidly stepped on the airframe so I just tossed it. Now I want another as I have a place to fly indoors this winter. Anyone have one they want to get rid of??
Your best bet would be to ask in the micro electrics classified section.
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair