HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:38 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyceroy View Post
I am almost at the covering point of the build.. Nows the time for audience participation .. i need to choose a scheme... any ideas for the Cessna T-50??
I think that this looks neat.

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/...ion/bobcat.htm

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:42 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
I was drawn to that scheme.. love the aluminum with the green.. will have to check my Ultrakote and econokote colors.. im running low ..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:19 AM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
839 Posts
Wow you guys have come up wih some excellent planes here. I just finished this 15" milled bluecore wing with mustang guts. I am very impressed it flies great and came out at 32 grams with a battery. Covered with Solite. This little sucker is quite fast and nimble and still easy to fly. We have had high winds for the past week and this little sucker handle10-15 mph pretty well but trimming and fine tuning CG will have to wait.
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:26 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercando View Post
Wow you guys have come up wih some excellent planes here. I just finished this 15" milled bluecore wing with mustang guts. I am very impressed it flies great and came out at 32 grams with a battery. Covered with Solite. This little sucker is quite fast and nimble and still easy to fly. We have had high winds for the past week and this little sucker handle10-15 mph pretty well but trimming and fine tuning CG will have to wait.
awesome!!!! any idea on a way to do elevons if i don't have mixing at transmitter? the only transmitter i can use with my micro boards is a cheap mlp4dsm transmitter that came with my champ a couple years ago. i just finished a micro zagi for slope (18") and then realised i have no mixing. all i have figured out so far is to hold the transmitter diagonally.
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:27 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seitz2c View Post
My newest build 16" PT-19 Fanfold blue foam 37grams ready to fly. receiver AR6400L brick , motor ,and gear box from a 4-site . Prop GWS 4x4

Paul
jeez, you should sell those.
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:27 AM
Illonois
Joined Oct 2007
427 Posts
its an ifo but i wanted a bug but couldnt find planes for a bug.

3mm depron
10.5 in ws
ar6400l
4 site gearbox
trenergy 250mah lipo,

can be very fast, but cant slow down enough to fly in a living room as the wing span is to small and all i get is torque roll, flies nicely below half throttle, I can hover it and pull straight up with no problem,

weight? idk but its built from depron and tape thats all, no glue wat so ever.

I already have another frame built that 11 1/4 in ws im giving to a freind,

if anyone wants i can cut some more up for 15 bucks shipped all cut out already and ready for glue and radio,

By bentleyness at 2012-02-08

LexusIS300 is offline Find More Posts by LexusIS300
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:06 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seitz2c View Post
The pilots can be purchased at parkflyerplastics.com these are the 1"size

Paul
Another nice link, thanks Paul. I see they have a book "Building with foam" a lot of people ask for a guide like this, anybody know more about this book?
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:11 AM
Wingnutz
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined May 2009
271 Posts
Bobcat (Crane) colours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Free,
I like your suggestion for Vyceroy's Bamboo Bomber. The green-silver looks great! I'm 1/2 way through a scratch built 41" WS Bobcat (Bamboo Bomber, Crane, UC78, T50, Songbird, whatever..) but it's way too big for an AR6400.Those little built-in linear servos would have a hard time shoving the rudder and elevator on a 41" model!
Mine will be RCAF trainer yellow and will have to go by Crane as my dad trained on these in WWII out of Dauphin Manitoba where the RCAF ran a training program for RAF pilots.
Keep em flying!
BTW Vyceroy, keep us up to date when you fly yours!
Bill
Bill Quantock is offline Find More Posts by Bill Quantock
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:13 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
awesome!!!! any idea on a way to do elevons if i don't have mixing at transmitter? the only transmitter i can use with my micro boards is a cheap mlp4dsm transmitter that came with my champ a couple years ago. i just finished a micro zagi for slope (18") and then realised i have no mixing. all i have figured out so far is to hold the transmitter diagonally.
Yes, Baconflyer (Really Neat Name...) you can get a small board from HobbyKing that takes two inputs (Aileron + Elevator) and puts out two (Rt and Lt Elevon servos). I will go check the weight. 4 grams
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6321
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:17 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS300 View Post
(Microbug) can be very fast, but cant slow down enough to fly in a living room as the wing span is to small and all i get is torque roll, flies nicely below half throttle, I can hover it and pull straight up with no problem,
Smaller props spinning faster with shallow pitch will greatly cut down on the torque roll problem.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:28 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Quantock View Post
I am intrigued with the scale method of thrust measurement but I don't know how much thrust my model needs or how to calculate required thrust.
Bill
If you have more thrust than weight anything will fly! I have flown planes with thrust of 1/2 the weight, and it's OK but not thrilling.

Another person here talked of thrust angle. A line drawn down the motor shaft should go through the center of drag, which you would have to estimate. One of our flyers, Otto Dieffenbach, could elaborate on that, he knows aerodynamics like you wouldn't believe.
Last edited by dbacon; Feb 08, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:32 AM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
awesome!!!! any idea on a way to do elevons if i don't have mixing at transmitter? the only transmitter i can use with my micro boards is a cheap mlp4dsm transmitter that came with my champ a couple years ago. i just finished a micro zagi for slope (18") and then realized i have no mixing. all i have figured out so far is to hold the transmitter diagonally.
I have a champ and have figured out that the receiver will do elevons but that the

transmitter will not, so you will have to get a DX5e or a DX6i.

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Last edited by Free; Feb 08, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:41 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,890 Posts
Receivers do anything, they must be told what to do by the transmitter, so this is normal...
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:52 AM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,823 Posts
Bill i will post photos off all my recent builds when and IF lol i can get them flying..
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:26 AM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,890 Posts
If you land like me, do it Before you get them flying.