SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:56 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
The linears are good and simple to boot - They are even accurate enough for the tiny helis
I would use rotary if they fit my 6400 type rx and were easy to come by. I will have th e new stabilized rx and linears when they are made avilable.
Here's your $90 rx. It is not released yet, but there is the proof of price.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...l-esc-EFLU4864
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:51 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
Finished my yak 55 using beast guts today

its made from Dollar store foam, is reinforced well and is beefier at 69 grams RTF with 2 1 s 160 mah 25C nano tech lipos, but it hovered easily with 6030 prop inside.

will try tonight indoors hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Yes -on our other 60 gram Yak ,this combo is great -far better than the stock prop. The Yak is a VERY good 3D flyer--INDOORS-not just hovering around-it flies slowly very easily.
drill the GWS prop using a #22 bit - this provides a perfect push fit.
We also found the two single cell 160 ma single cells ,using the HH available adapter harness , is better on power than the single two cell packs the Beast used .
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,930 Posts
How much thrust does the Beast motor make on a 6030?
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:51 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
How much thrust does the Beast motor make on a 6030?
Zero at sea level.

A 6030 would overamp the Beast ESC.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:01 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
no it doesn't; they worked fine for me 30 minutes ago. Not at my distance above sea level anyways

a 6" prop with more pitch however shuts the brick down,

for example

a GWS 6050 would ramp up to about 75% throttle then shut the motor off.

too much pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Zero at sea level.

A 6030 would overamp the Beast ESC.
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Dec 14, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:47 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Oct 2011
168 Posts
i am so turned off of these ar6400's right now just giveing me problems. i took my wing out to try it for the first time and didnt want to fly so down it went and got a little bit of snow on one of the servos but i made sure i unpluged the battery before it melted and did any damage. so i blew out the servo and waited till it was 100% dry before i pluged in my battery again and just my luck that one servo has a mind of its own now and wont hold a zero and even after i change out the little arm and clean out the contacts still having the same problem. i know these bricks are great but i have just had nothing but bad luck with them. is there anything i can do with this thing to fix it or should i just cut my losses? also anybody have any simple planes for any scratch built wings or any planes that are just powered by elevons? i just got this ar6400 just so i could try and build a wing but had nothing but problems with the wing, think i made it a little to small and it just ether went right into the ground or flipped upside down and then flew for about 5 feet then crashed.
some87 is offline Find More Posts by some87
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:59 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
I've also have bad Luck especially with the linear servos; I wish HH would just use UM rotary servos already.

The HK DSM2 micro RX and compatible servos I am reading great things about.

Über light, cheap, separate components - what is not to like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by some87 View Post
i am so turned off of these ar6400's right now just giveing me problems. i took my wing out to try it for the first time and didnt want to fly so down it went and got a little bit of snow on one of the servos but i made sure i unpluged the battery before it melted and did any damage. so i blew out the servo and waited till it was 100% dry before i pluged in my battery again and just my luck that one servo has a mind of its own now and wont hold a zero and even after i change out the little arm and clean out the contacts still having the same problem. i know these bricks are great but i have just had nothing but bad luck with them. is there anything i can do with this thing to fix it or should i just cut my losses? also anybody have any simple planes for any scratch built wings or any planes that are just powered by elevons? i just got this ar6400 just so i could try and build a wing but had nothing but problems with the wing, think i made it a little to small and it just ether went right into the ground or flipped upside down and then flew for about 5 feet then crashed.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 08:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I've also have bad Luck especially with the linear servos; I wish HH would just use UM rotary servos already.

The HK DSM2 micro RX and compatible servos I am reading great things about.

Über light, cheap, separate components - what is not to like ?
lol yeah i wish they would just ditch these crapy linear servos already. i HATE haveing to always adjust the pushrods if its off by a little bit since if you adjust it in the trim in the radio then each direction is always different and it turns faster one way then the other.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
Lol

I know the feeling all to well

Quote:
lol yeah i wish they would just ditch these crapy linear servos already. i HATE haveing to always adjust the pushrods if its off by a little bit since if you adjust it in the trim in the radio then each direction is always different and it turns faster one way then the other.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:27 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
some87,

Please don't get discouraged! I took one look at your DS wing thread and decided to build my own. After some tedious work with the CG, I think I have it figured out! Here are some of the videos and the thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555498

16" Dead Simple Wing (0 min 58 sec)

Dead Simple Wing 2 (3 min 8 sec)
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperCub49 View Post
some87,

Please don't get discouraged! I took one look at your DS wing thread and decided to build my own. After some tedious work with the CG, I think I have it figured out! Here are some of the videos and the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fx2uMD_js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBoyyKV6mA
well i just ditched that wing because after so many flights the spot where the motor was mounted had almost broke all the way off and i had to use some steel rods under it just to try and keep it in place. btw i found a better way to make a joint for the push rods that go onto the elevons. just get a small bit of .25 steel rod and bit it into a tiny loop and just crimp it smaller if you cant make it small enough for the pushrod. also that same wire that you have on your elevon on mine i cut it a little shorter so that it would move more if needed
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
well i just ditched that wing because after so many flights the spot where the motor was mounted had almost broke all the way off and i had to use some steel rods under it just to try and keep it in place. btw i found a better way to make a joint for the push rods that go onto the elevons. just get a small bit of .25 steel rod and bit it into a tiny loop and just crimp it smaller if you cant make it small enough for the pushrod. also that same wire that you have on your elevon on mine i cut it a little shorter so that it would move more if needed
I like your pushrod method. We just have to be sure to minimize slop.

I do need to increase the throws! I'd really like to get that roll rate up a bit. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
some87,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fx2uMD_js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBoyyKV6mA
oh i forgot one thing i did have it fly maybe 20 feet one flight but that was with full up and right on my stick and it was still turning left. the cg on this little thing is crazy it seems like it wants to be really really far back from what the normal 24" plans show. i also wanted to try get it to fly with a 300mah battery for longer flights since it seems like my 160mah batteries only give me about 4 to 5 minutes with a ar6400 and the p51 motor. i will try to build it again if i can get that one servo working again on my brick. if not i still have a extra servo i can just plug into the brick and use that way but thats just more weight that i dont want on it.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:23 PM
Joined Oct 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
I like your pushrod method. We just have to be sure to minimize slop.

I do need to increase the throws! I'd really like to get that roll rate up a bit. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...
there is almost no slop in that setup i did other then the pushrod itself was a little long on the bend that goes through the loop but still had very very little play compared to the shrink rap joint that i tried to use.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:36 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
I may try this DSW BUT give it lots of wing (20-22") and make it light for slow indoor flight