HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:32 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Oh, found it. thanks. I'll post my plane here when finished!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,850 Posts
Anyone build planes for the at6400lbl brushless that came with the beast?
Endlesslag is offline Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:26 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
post 1466

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:26 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
post 1466
This may be easier: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1466

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:27 PM
México, MOR, Jiutepec
Joined Oct 2011
350 Posts
im building an ac 208 combat caravan 18.5" ws and awb maybr 45 gr but i dont know how to make a wing out from 3mm depron any ideas? and im gonna use a5gr brushless
ara25demayo is offline Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Last edited by ara25demayo; Nov 26, 2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:11 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,374 Posts
Sukhoi bipe

Thanks to Andy2No for inspiration I've added an extra wing to my PZ sukhoi. This has pretty much doubled the wing area, I hope the tail surfaces are big enough.
I used 2mm depron for the wing and 3mm for the struts all held together with por. I deliberately moved the centre of lift forward to try and address the CG problem but now I've got to guess where to put the CG.
The weight has gone up to 35.7 gr giving a wing loading of 2.1 oz/sq ft which is in line with my other indoor models

Haven't flown it yet as its blowing a gale outside and the next indoor session isnt till Wednesday

So Thanks Andy I'll let you know how it flies

Regards

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:30 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Nice! Might have to build me one of those
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:40 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Nice! Might have to build me one of those
It's a great flying plane, just took it to our indoor night this evening.

VID00042.MP4 (0 min 17 sec)

-Adam
AJWoods is offline Find More Posts by AJWoods
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:00 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,850 Posts
Thats really cool. my beast might be cannibalized soon
what material is that made of, and do you have plans for it?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:08 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,338 Posts
I scaled the drawings from rc.tomhe.net by 50%. It's cut it from 3mm depron aero from rcfoam.com. I've switched from a cut down beast prop to the one used on the micro stryker. Much quieter.

-Adam
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:19 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,850 Posts
I'll give it a try...I guess I'll attempt to minimize the damage to the beast when I'm taking stuff apart.
What size sheet will work? 24x30"? that stuff's not cheap, wow. I like my dollar tree foam
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:26 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,338 Posts
yeah, any 3mm foam would be fine. I bought a bulk package of the lighter depron aero a while back that I use on most planes. If I remember correctly I fit all of the parts on one 12x24 sheet of foam.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
KK4TYF /Baron Von Nick
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,850 Posts
Ok...man I'm looking forward to this...though I'm tempted to switch from a su-27 to an f-22 or f-16 instead
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:36 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,338 Posts
I'd imagine any of them reduced to 50% would fly well. I did add rudders to mine, which really helped out in tight spaces.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:53 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Thanks to Andy2No for inspiration I've added an extra wing to my PZ sukhoi. This has pretty much doubled the wing area, I hope the tail surfaces are big enough.
Terry
Looks good, Terry. Yes, that should do it I find there's plenty of rudder and elevator authority.

Remember to mostly stear with the ruddder, and level up with the ailerons. Rudder and ailerons together going into a turn, then a bit of opposite ailerons to level up works okay. I let someone else try it once and he flew it straight into a wall, banked over but not turning, because he was used to steering just with ailerons.

Finding the CG is just a question of trial and error. Having a smooth floor to take off from makes it a lot easier - you can start nose heavy and see how much "up" is needed to get it to take off. it shouldn't be much. If it's a lot just land straight away and move the battery further back.

I fllew mine at the Manchester Velodrome yesterday. It's the first time I've been there. I saw a white UM SU-26 with a longer battery slot than mine. I didn't realise they'd changed it. The battery slot on mine goes about half way from the leading edge to the trailng edge. His was the full length of the chord, and apparently it came like that.

My upper wing is a slightly different shape, and my preference for where to have the CG might be different too, but with a standard 138mAh Parkzone lipo, the back end of the battery was probably about level with the trailing edge - on some extra velcro stuck onto the fuselage, with the black plastic bit overlapping the back end of the slot. On the newer one, with the full length slot, it would be almost all the way to the back, I think. I've put it back in the big pile of boxes now, so I'm going on memory. I've had it further back and it was still just about manageable. It can go further forward but it seems to need to fly faster if it's nose heavy.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No