Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 04, 2011, 12:31 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
I've got a DX6i and it's a wonderful radio, but with the DX8 (do I have that right?) that just came out, check the classifieds, you should be able to find a good used DX6i that someone is selling to update. Very clever of you doing a hardware reversal on the servo and a tx reversal on the elevator!

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Cheese5,

I edited that shortly after, while you were typing. The wing tips are twisted up at the back, is what I meant.

Here's a diagram. I borrowed it from here:
http://www.laboratoridenvol.com/para...ign/voute.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Here is a picture of the ME163 Komet from the Deutches Museum in Munich to show reflex on an actual flying wing.

The Ange of Incedence of the wing is positive to longitudinal axis of the plane (shown as the centerline in my diagram) at the root and negative at the tip.

This is the proper way to set up a stable flying wing so that it creates maximum lift, without being prone to tip stalling.

If it's good enough for the fastest plane in WWII, it should be good enough for a micro wing.
Thanks for the diagrams, I added some washout and adjusted the CG. Quick question, does the length of the root of the flying wing start from the prop to the batteries?(my batteries 160mah sticks out in front of the wing about 3cm and the prop shaft goes out 2cm. Do those lengths count in the 8cm measurement of the CG?
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:09 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
Cheese5,

No, it's just measured from the point where the leading edges of the wings meet.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 04, 2011, 04:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,358 Posts
Quote:
Cheese5,

No, it's just measured from the point where the leading edges of the wings meet.
Ok then I'll take the wing out and see if it works.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:08 PM
Why Yes I Fly!
United States, IA
Joined Oct 2009
161 Posts
Congradulations every one 100th page
schroeder4 is offline Find More Posts by schroeder4
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:02 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Ok then I'll take the wing out and see if it works.
Good luck.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,358 Posts
Quote:
Good luck.
It flies! The Cg was off after all. I taped a 150mah cell on the nose of the wing and it flies like normal now. I want more throw and power so I'm going to move the electronics in front to get rid of the battery dead weight and increase the throws.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:00 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
I'm a bit confused - is it not possible to use the DX6i and a brick for elevons? The use of a servo seems redundant.
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:09 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I'm a bit confused - is it not possible to use the DX6i and a brick for elevons? The use of a servo seems redundant.
He's using a DX5e and the "mix" switch.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:16 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
He's using a DX5e and the "mix" switch.
Yep, ordered the DX6i yesterday should be here in a week.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:26 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Dumas Corsair 17.5 in

AUW:62g
Motor: Park 180
RX: AR6400LBL
Battery: E-flite 2s 180 mAh 20c
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
Dumas Corsair 17.5 in

AUW:62g
Motor: Park 180
RX: AR6400LBL
Battery: E-flite 2s 180 mAh 20c
Nice corsair!!

There's one annoying thing when building airplanes like those, parkzone already has a micro version of that! Same as my micro stryker, so they do get compared with parkzone's micros. My micro stryker doesn't have the unlimited vertical with the brushed setup, and is 3 channel, compared with the 4 channel 2 S brushless parkzone one. One can get jealous over parkzone's version of that airplane.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:53 PM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2007
354 Posts
I think its rather motivation factor than annoying thing. I always prefer to fly my own build plane rather than Parkzone RTF. I keep my P-51 in store room for almost a year. I am still struggle with the 4th channel, mechanically my 4 channel planes working fine but they are not flying as good as 3 channel one.
buratino is online now Find More Posts by buratino
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:55 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Nice corsair!!

There's one annoying thing when building airplanes like those, parkzone already has a micro version of that! Same as my micro stryker, so they do get compared with parkzone's micros. My micro stryker doesn't have the unlimited vertical with the brushed setup, and is 3 channel, compared with the 4 channel 2 S brushless parkzone one. One can get jealous over parkzone's version of that airplane.
I just recently got back into this hobby and decided to pick up the PKZ Beast. I was very disappointed in the flight characteristics and decided to build an airframe to drop the electronics into. I was not even aware that they had a ultra micro corsair out, it does cut down on my uniqueness factor, but I doubt the PKZ Corsair and mine will have similar flight characteristics.

Overall my goal was to build something comparable in size to the Beast but cut down on the weight. I came in heavier than I wanted, but I think I should have the power to compensate.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:29 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
I just recently got back into this hobby and decided to pick up the PKZ Beast. I was very disappointed in the flight characteristics and decided to build an airframe to drop the electronics into. I was not even aware that they had a ultra micro corsair out, it does cut down on my uniqueness factor, but I doubt the PKZ Corsair and mine will have similar flight characteristics.

Overall my goal was to build something comparable in size to the Beast but cut down on the weight. I came in heavier than I wanted, but I think I should have the power to compensate.
Suprised you didn't like the Um Beast, most everyone that has it loves it. I like mine. What didn't you like about out, just curious.

My plan is to use the Beast guts for a homebuilt F117 when its beyond repair
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor