HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Adekamer's Avatar
Russia, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Mar 2005
3,163 Posts
Hi, i receive CVSA-I22 DVR EAGLEEYE http://www.chinavasion.com/product_i...spy-camcorder/


I cant wait for day sun light and make test video now
at 2:04 - 2:10 test drop signal
KT&C cam over 500 tvl
TX/RX Lawmate 1.2GHz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_TaCnGytE
Adekamer is online now Find More Posts by Adekamer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:54 PM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adekamer View Post
Hi, i receive CVSA-I22 DVR EAGLEEYE

I cant wait for day sun light and make test video now
at 2:04 - 2:10 test drop signal
KT&C cam over 500 tvl
TX/RX Lawmate 1.2GHz
OMG, this thing easily records over static. Hard to tell what the vidoe quality is going to be but does not look that bad at first glance!

Nice find Adekamer!

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 03:48 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,090 Posts
We've seen this recorder before. The bitrate is very very low. I think it's
generally a step backwards compared to some of the other available choices.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:15 PM
Registered User
UK, Hertfordshire, Hitchin
Joined Aug 2007
82 Posts
A couple of other generic Chinese DVRs:-

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

and

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

I use a version of the first one, but my one is not D1, and only records at 640x480. Both of these above are D1 (i.e. 720x576). I think there is one of these at the start of this thread, but it quotes 640x480. My one records through static. Both of these can be found on ebay also.

Ben.
Ben Cook is offline Find More Posts by Ben Cook
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:21 PM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,090 Posts
Many have reported that the two channel version does not record through static
consistently at D1 resolution, often just corrupting the recorded file so it can't
be played at all. Dunno about the 1 channel version at D1 res.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:32 PM
Pen
FPWhat?
Pen's Avatar
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw459205 View Post
A couple of other generic Chinese DVRs:-

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

and

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

I use a version of the first one, but my one is not D1, and only records at 640x480. Both of these above are D1 (i.e. 720x576). I think there is one of these at the start of this thread, but it quotes 640x480. My one records through static. Both of these can be found on ebay also.

Ben.
The one I use looks like the second one. I have tested it three times for static. First test in my garage, it started recording static and recorded through the static. Second test, when it went to static, it continued to record but recorded a still image and then resumed recording video when signal came back. Third test was real world test where I lost rc control and plane crashed, and it continued to record static after the crash.

The recorded video is not great but was OK. The leds are very hard to see in sunlight to know when the DVR is recording. I bring a towel along to block the sun when I start the recorder.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:11 PM
Mr.Pibb's Avatar
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
I just did some tests with the DVC-ST100BZ-VP, and although it doesn't stop recording when there's static, if the static is extreme enough it loses audio sync. The audio continues to play back real time, while the video skips forward a bit during the heavy static. Video quality was "...meh...", but I'm spoiled after recording on digital 8 for so long.

Why do all of these things have to have some sort of fatal flaw! I have a small pile of "junk" dvr's sitting here!

Tim
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:12 PM
Mr.Pibb's Avatar
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
oops, double post...
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:24 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
twinturbostang's Avatar
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb View Post
I have a small pile of "junk" dvr's sitting here!

Tim
"Small" pile?? lol There sure seems to be a lot of junk recorders out there!
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:47 AM
Mr.Pibb's Avatar
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang View Post
"Small" pile?? lol There sure seems to be a lot of junk recorders out there!
It seems that way. I found a decent one a while back, only to find out that they stopped manufacturing it. I have some Lawmate's showing up here in a few days (hopefully...they're stuck in customs). They aren't cheap, but they are good. It's frustrating, I tell the manufacturers what's wrong with the recorders, and with some of them a firmware update could fix the problem, and they just aren't interested unless you are buying 500-1000 of them at one time. There isn't THAT big of a demand for these things....
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
Carlos230023's Avatar
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,767 Posts
So what's the final verdict on the emprex unit? How much of the recording does it cut off at the edge?

Because that's my issue with the recorder I'm using at the moment. Well. Aside from the fact that if you don't start recording, pause it 10 seconds later, then hit continue recording again to get it to save a file thats more than 5 mins long. It's the real 1 PV-395 recorder. Specs looked good. Lithium battery. 12V in. 20Gig HDD +SD car support. Biggest waste of money ever!

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:36 PM
NDw
Registered User
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
clipped emprex video
"landing" in a tree (2 min 8 sec)


unclipped piano video
Sunny Day Fpv (2 min 48 sec)



certainy not the best quaility recorder but

small, low weight, records no prob through static, one touch record, £9.99
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:09 PM
The Dreamer
Pisces's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
938 Posts
Thanks for the comparison Emprex 101 and Piano. Pity about the clipping LHS of screen. Video quality though is pretty good.

Ebuyer forum review,
" Emprex bpr101
As a final comment on all the above questions
It cannot record to an external hard drive or usb if you want usb recording go for the ME1 with latest firmware
It does require an ide internal drive these are expensive
It records in mpeg 4 at rates between app 8 to 16 MB/min
The files can be transferred and read on computer
The recording resolution is 640 *576 on PAL
It supposedly plays back xvid files but mine rejects most downloaded films in this format
The supposed firmware update doesn't appear to exist -correct me if I'm wrong
It can record of any source with component ouput - if source quality is very good recording ok othwise as I said above record to the ME1 on USB and convert to xvid -- the result will be a better copy"

Emprex has a big brother model ME1-V2. This looks like an impressive HD DVR. A bit larger using a 3.5" IDE ATA or SATA HDD. Maybe the AVin-AVout feed thru is good quality? It suggests that it can also record to USB SD card. Does not say if it continues to recored through static/noisy signal and video drop out. Supply DC voltage is not stated.

The ME1-V2 is readily available thru Ebay UK. Price is reasonable. e.g

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Emprex-ME1-V2-...item3cb5b90c98

Has anyone tried this DVR for FPV?

Lindsay
Pisces is offline Find More Posts by Pisces
Last edited by Pisces; Mar 23, 2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Fix typos
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:27 PM
First to go over 106K feet
Crist Rigotti's Avatar
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Mar 2008
2,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Thanks for the comparison Emprex 101 and Piano. Pity about the clipping LHS of screen. Video quality though is pretty good.

Ebuyer forum review,
" Emprex bpr101
As a final comment on all the above questions
It cannot record to an external hard drive or usb if you want usb recording go for the ME1 with latest firmware
It does require an ide internal drive these are expensive
It records in mpeg 4 at rates between app 8 to 16 MB/min
The files can be transferred and read on computer
The recording resolution is 640 *576 on PAL
It supposedly plays back xvid files but mine rejects most downloaded films in this format
The supposed firmware update doesn't appear to exist -correct me if I'm wrong
It can record of any source with component ouput - if source quality is very good recording ok othwise as I said above record to the ME1 on USB and convert to xvid -- the result will be a better copy"

Emprex has a big brother model ME1-V2. This looks like an impressive HD DVR. A bit larger using a 3.5" IDE ATA or SATA HDD. Maybe the AVin-AVout feed thru is good quality? It suggest that it can also record to USD SD card. Does not say if it continues to recored through static/noisy signal and video drop out. Supply DC voltage is not stated.

The ME1-V2 is readily available thru Ebay UK. Price is reasonable. e.g

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Emprex-ME1-V2-...item3cb5b90c98

Has anyone tried this DVR for FPV?

Lindsay
The eBay seller says that these are second hand goods.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:14 AM
The Dreamer
Pisces's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
The eBay seller says that these are second hand goods.
Item description NEW Unused..maybe missing original packaging. There are other UK ebay sellers of the Emprex ME1 V2. This particular seller has the full spec for the unit which is why I picked it to post the link. The seller seems to indicate all his on-line goods are to be treated as second hand. That is no warranty you get what you see and dont complain..that sort of thing.

I have some now surplus smaller capacity 2.5" IDE ATA HDD. ( 16GB ). For a couple of $$ it is easy to purchase a 3.5"-2.5" IDE HDD adapter PCB.

Would be interesting to hear from a FPV pilot who has used this EMPREX ME1-V2. Looks pretty good on paper.

Lindsay
Pisces is offline Find More Posts by Pisces
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Which portable video recording device? al_b FPV Talk 6 Mar 01, 2007 12:03 AM
Discussion Recycle any battery or portable electronic device. willhaney Batteries and Chargers 3 Dec 21, 2006 04:27 PM
Onboard Recording / Telemetry Device - Suggestions? LoopZilla Micro Helis 27 Jun 01, 2005 11:23 PM
Throttle usage recording device CloudyBright DIY Electronics 3 Dec 16, 2004 08:51 PM
Interesting Portable Photo Storage Device Randy Due Aerial Photography 12 Apr 11, 2004 04:29 AM