SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:11 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Van,
This is what I did to my VuPoint. I popped off the the shiny top and then drilled out the base. Then I used a few inches of 2 inch packing tape to keep the dirt out. BTW, use a Unibit and not a regular drill bit on the plastic.
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:26 PM
Navigator
USA, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2010
670 Posts
Good idea Crist, I will do that mod too. My powered video splitter arrived; got the one that Ian recommended below. Haven't tested it yet though.

http://www.onvon.com/video-splitter-...acph64s6fsd7j2
volto is offline Find More Posts by volto
Old Mar 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,645 Posts
I decided to guinee pig this DVR from SC2000 and it seems to do what I want.

It's simple, has two video inputs, records through static, will start recording static, decent video quality, and is small. Here is a quick test vid with the crappy HK Sony camera and lense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqLQw4zQ0Jg

EDIT: It did not record the static in my next test but it did continue to record a still image and resumed recording when tx was powered back up.
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pen; Mar 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:25 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,955 Posts
I have the 2 channel version of that one, still in the box, and nobody wants to buy it off me
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:37 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,712 Posts
Probably because http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=60

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:38 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,955 Posts
Yeah, funny but I never had that problem. Its rock solid for me. I just didnt like the way it captured OSD charaters. It seems to highlight a box around them that isnt normally visible.
http://vimeo.com/21194538
Last edited by ommadawn; Mar 18, 2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Added clip
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:39 AM
Pen
FPWhat?
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Sep 2008
1,645 Posts
uh oh, just did another test and this time it did not record the static. It did continue to record a still image during the static and kicked back in when picture returned though. In this video I started recording, then unplugged tx at 27 seconds, then I counted to 30 trying to guess 30 seconds and plugged back in.

221745-1.AVI (1 min 14 sec)
Pen is offline Find More Posts by Pen
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:42 PM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
I was looking on Amazon and came across 2 versions of this recorder. They are:

VuPoint DVC-ST100BZ-VP Digital Video Converter

VuPoint DVC-ST100B-VP-BX4 Digital Video Converter

They look to have the same specs. Wonder what the difference is?
Hi Group,
I'm interested in purchasing one of these DVR. Has this question been answered? Is there a difference in the these two VuPoint DVR models?
Amazon still have the DVC-ST100BZ-VP for sale. Does anyone have this model and does it work thru static and also is the picture quality the same for the two models?

Hope someone can help with this question
Lindsay
Pisces is offline Find More Posts by Pisces
Last edited by Pisces; Mar 18, 2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: grammar fix only
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:53 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Hi Group,
I'm interested in purchasing one of these DVR. Has this question been answered? Is there a difference in the these two VuPoint DVR models?
Amazon still have the DVC-ST100BZ-VP for sale. Does anyone have this model and does it work thru static and also is the picture quality the same for the two models?

Hope someone can help with this question
Lindsay
This is the one I got and I know it works.(DVC-ST100BZ-VP)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=5336432818-20
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Mar 18, 2011, 06:58 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,847 Posts
Quote:

I'm trying to buy one of those recorders but so far witout any luck. Amazone and all other US dealers that carry it don't ship internationally. The other mentioned alternative is only available in England. I was even able to order one there just to end up with a refun on PayPal cause the last piece I though to buy was not really in stock.

So, would any US based member be willing to help me get this item? Please PM me as I really would like to have a portable recording solution for my ground station.

Oups, forgot to mention I live in Switzerland.

TIA

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:32 PM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Quote:

Hi Crist,

Thankyou for the reply. I had the same problem as others. Amazon will not post the VuPoint to destinations outside the USA. And 2. the price variation from other USA on-line shops is from $18 to $150 + delivery costs?? and unknown if they will post to Australia.

I have ordered an EMPREX BPR101 about $55 delivered. This DVR appears to be very flexible. The video quality posted by NDW is excellent. The FPV OSD text is near perfect video.

If the EMPREX 101 DVR works as expected with a standard 2.5" IDE ATA HDD I will purchase a 2.5" SSD IDE HDD. The solid state drive will be faster and also use much less +5V power.

Lindsay
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,389 Posts
Today I received the SDHC cards for my VuPoint recorder. For a quick test I connected it to my cable box with feed through back into a RCA input on the TV. For sure, the display on the TV, in both pass through and AV in isn't very impressive. I plugged the SD card into my computer and the display was much better...just as others have reported. I won't be flying this weekend so will have to wait 'til later for flight tests. For <$40 I think it should work just fine for me.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:41 PM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Yeah, funny but I never had that problem. Its rock solid for me. I just didnt like the way it captured OSD charaters. It seems to highlight a box around them that isnt normally visible.
http://vimeo.com/21194538
Hi Ommadawn,

Thanks for sharing the FPV Video.

Off topic, but how do you manage to get your cam pan servo to rotate through 360degrees? special servo? modified servo? other?

Lindsay
Old Mar 19, 2011, 08:03 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,955 Posts
Hi Lindsay,
I use the GWS125 sail winch servo to pan with. Its pluses are
Cheap $17-$25
Really strong and bulletproof.
Smooth
Reliable.
Self returns to centre
>180 degrees each way.
The only negatives are its a bit larger and heavier than a standard full size servo, but I have learned to live with that. And it sometimes doesnt recentre exactly.
I have used about 6 so far and love them.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:26 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
I'm trying to buy one of those recorders but so far witout any luck. Amazone and all other US dealers that carry it don't ship internationally. The other mentioned alternative is only available in England. I was even able to order one there just to end up with a refun on PayPal cause the last piece I though to buy was not really in stock.

So, would any US based member be willing to help me get this item? Please PM me as I really would like to have a portable recording solution for my ground station.

Oups, forgot to mention I live in Switzerland.

TIA

Markus
I have the same problem.

I will get the Emprex unit from UK via the user coyote, but the VuPoint would be much better, because of the use of SD cards.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000