HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,644 Posts
FMkit, that doesn't count as a 'FPV DVR' for this thread since we need devices to record the downlink on the ground, not the live feed on the plane. Plenty of us use HD cams on the plane which have their own built in DVR, and have live out to the FPV system.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:43 PM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
F20 (records simultaneously 720p and composite video/ videolink)
as FPV cam in low light

http://youtu.be/GR3ACsQHdJo
Nevermind. I thought you could connect this between an OSD and the recorder.
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:48 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
FMkit, that doesn't count as a 'FPV DVR' for this thread since we need devices to record the downlink on the ground, not the live feed on the plane. Plenty of us use HD cams on the plane which have their own built in DVR, and have live out to the FPV system.
BCSaltChucker,
Can you take a look at my previous posts and give me any guidance? I'm not sure what is going on with my sound my the previouse advise isn't working with my DV02.. I'm thinking of just using a male to male jumper between my cam and transmitter to bypass the OSD. See if this gives me better audio recording.

PS. I didn't know the F20 was not able to record any downlink. Disregard my last.. Lol.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:34 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
it does, here is videolink recorded by F20 on the ground, receiver noise /no signal recorded too.
F20 videolink record (1 min 53 sec)
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Nevermind. I thought you could connect this between an OSD and the recorder.
sure you can record AV with/without OSD
Split signal that goes into vid.TX to record OSD
Or feed the DVR with AV split at camera
the DVR has no effect on videolink, safe to fly even it turns itself off in mid-flight (happened to me while using #18keycam as FPV camera)
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syberian View Post
As far as I know there are two different audio sockets on the ET: input and output. You should not use a single wire or joint. Put a wire from your cam to the Audio IN on the osd pro and leave the VTx audio wire in the Audio OUT.
If it doesnt work too then just exclude the ET from the audio circuit: join the camera and VTx audio wires and check the sound.
Syberian,

I have confirmed two things. I plugged my cam directly to my Vtx, recorded a clip and get great audio! Then plugged back into my OSD, the first record file sounds good, little distorted. Then a second recording with OSD in line and goes back to no sound at all.. What the heck is going on here?!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:20 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Can you take a look at my previous posts and give me any guidance?
You've got too many variables.
Try this. Hook the DVR to some other video source with a known good set of A/V cables.
For instance if you have cable box or sat TV box, or a DVD player, then hook it directly to the composite
outputs (red/white/yellow only) of the respective box and see if you can record both video
and sound. If you can't then the problem is likely the DVR cables, or the DVR itself.

Alternately, hook the output of your goggles to the TV inputs and make sure that
it is properly outputting sound on the audio wire.

One thing to keep in mind, with four conductor A/V plugs (which both your goggles and DVR have),
there is no single standard so you must use the cable that is matched to that device.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:48 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
it does, here is videolink recorded by F20 on the ground, receiver noise /no signal recorded too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2WhlmlHU0
OK, that is great! I stand corrected.
found the ebay sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-720P-Dual...-/150830713036

I agree the low light performance seems better than my #16 cams. But as a GS DVR unit, it isn't much more to get the nice BEVRC/Foxtech DVR DV02. Plus the new #16 cams come ready to FPV with servos connectors and wide angle lens.

and then this one has popped up on eBay. only $40 shipped. Anyone try it yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261094070178...84.m1438.l2649

I know one guy on FPVLAB has used this one with good results:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-Cam...item45fb21417b

BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Oct 30, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Ian,
I was able to record sound from my iPhone to the DVR with no problems. I tried this.. Made a male to male connector and disconnected the audio input and outputs to my OSD. So my cam ran straight to my Vtx bypassing the OSD. Sound now worked perfectly. I did have to change the red connector to hook up to the white. So they are reversed, but when I plug the audio back into my OSD, I got one good audio recording with video, then the next recording was back to nothing at all, or muffled.

It's strange, but I can rule out my cables and DVR just by bypassing the OSD right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
You've got too many variables.
Try this. Hook the DVR to some other video source with a known good set of A/V cables.
For instance if you have cable box or sat TV box, or a DVD player, then hook it directly to the composite
outputs (red/white/yellow only) of the respective box and see if you can record both video
and sound. If you can't then the problem is likely the DVR cables, or the DVR itself.

Alternately, hook the output of your goggles to the TV inputs and make sure that
it is properly outputting sound on the audio wire.

One thing to keep in mind, with four conductor A/V plugs (which both your goggles and DVR have),
there is no single standard so you must use the cable that is matched to that device.

ian
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:27 AM
United Kingdom, Cleckheaton
Joined Oct 2008
37 Posts
This was my second fpv flight,i using the foxtech dv-02.
resolution was set at 640x480.camera was sony 600tvl.
does a great job.

enjoy jabba.

FPV HOBBYKING BIXLER 1 CHASING BIXLER 2 MUST SEE.SONY 600TVL CAM,CYCLOPS OSD,5.8ghz 400mw (13 min 9 sec)
jabba1 is offline Find More Posts by jabba1
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:56 AM
Oleg
Joined Dec 2008
812 Posts
Quote:
I plugged my cam directly to my Vtx, recorded a clip and get great audio! Then plugged back into my OSD, the first record file sounds good, little distorted. Then a second recording with OSD in line and goes back to no sound at all.. What the heck is going on here?!
Hey Brian,
Sorry I didnt get in time to reply your PM. Just back from work and was going to take photos of that odd 'cross-cable' thingy I told you.
It seems there's no need now because all your cables are okay.

Assuming that you just wrote, your problems began when you passed your audio output from camera thru OSD.
So, why don't you just bypass the OSD's sound circuits at all? In my opinion it makes ugly sounds and in you case also distorts your own input.
Keep the video circuit from the camera as is (i.e. plugged into the osd) and pass the audio to the VTx directly.
Syberian is offline Find More Posts by Syberian
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:14 AM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Assuming that you just wrote, your problems began when you passed your audio output from camera thru OSD.
So, why don't you just bypass the OSD's sound circuits at all? In my opinion it makes ugly sounds and in you case also distorts your own input.
Keep the video circuit from the camera as is (i.e. plugged into the osd) and pass the audio to the VTx directly.
Thanks Syberian,
I will most likely do this. Bypass my OSD for good sound quality... I guess my question is, why even incorporate an inpute/out for audio on an OSD if all it will do is distort or lower quality? It makes no sence to me to have audio apart of an OSD. Video yes, but I can control audio inputs (like volume) from the DVR.. So if you have a answer on that I'm glad to listen!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:45 AM
Oleg
Joined Dec 2008
812 Posts
Quote:
why even incorporate an inpute/out for audio on an OSD
I am really don't know I am not affiliated to the eagletree, i'm just an ex-user of this osd. It has kinda voice announcements and a variometer sound.
It talks like a malfunctional drunk robot though and its vario is useless without a barometer expander. So don't bother yourself with the OSD sound.
Listen to the wind and motor man
Last edited by Syberian; Oct 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
I am really don't know I am not affiliated to the eagletree, i'm just an ex-user of this osd. It has kinda voice announcements and a variometer sound.
It talks like a malfunctional drunk robot though and its vario is useless without a barometer expander. So don't bother yourself with the OSD sound.
Listen to the wind and motor man
Ahh yes! Voice announcmants! to bad, I wanted that feature. I am currently in contact with EagleTree, so I'll let you know what they say.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:03 PM
Oleg
Joined Dec 2008
812 Posts
I do know one system with really clear voice. Try google for 'megapirate x voice test' and then compare with yours.