HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
fmkit: has your order shipped yet? I'm always cautious about ordering from places with feedback of zilch

Cheers!
-Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,583 Posts
not yet, seller's email not registered with paypal - my payment is still unclaimed
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
I am tempted to get this camera at $54

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-720P-Sm...item1c27229a2d

It is a 720p HD camera (25 or 30 fps - am not sure)

No need to hack it since the enclosure format is cylindrical with the lens looking orthogonal to the axis of the cylinder.

Dimensions are 3 cm dia X 6 cm length, not much bigger than the lens enclosure of the HHD camera. The buttons also look well designed. Additionally the enclosure shape lends itself to a straightforward shielding with tape, and there is no ribbon cable to worry about between lens and electronics.

single cable for video out and power in from 12v video system battery

I am not in a hurry at the moment and unless something more interesting crops up I shall be buying one of these.
tete is offline Find More Posts by tete
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:33 PM
FPV Noob
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit View Post
not yet, seller's email not registered with paypal - my payment is still unclaimed

That doesn't sound great.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post
That doesn't sound great.

"my ebay" page shows the two of these DVRs "shipped, paypal now shows payments accepted by verified seller,
I still have to pay for 3rd DVR
now they cost $97 and up, available from many sellers, I paid $23.30 and $27
With CCD camera the DVR can be used onboard at night, AV-n also good for ground recording/monitoring. I already see myself using pocket GS
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:52 AM
FPV Noob
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
You lucky bugger! $23!!!! That's insane

Good luck mate,
-Al
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:35 AM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
740 Posts
I'm sorry for being sceptic about this recorder. The night vision is made possible by using IR leds. Seems to be useless, it may have 9ft range or so. For on-board devices it's a bit of a waste to haul an lcd-screen. You better use a key-chain cam or something alike.

Still it's an interesting recorder. But missing av-out makes it hard to play recorded videos on a bigger screen. Wonder if HDMI can easily converted into composite signal?

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
Old Jun 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Nov 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel2000 View Post
Foxtech has a new recorder:
DV02
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/dv02-porta...der-p-541.html

looks quite good.
especially the simple switch
to turn on the device and start the recording
and turn of the device and stop the recording
It says "Bit Rate: 8.5mb/S". Is that considered good? Just asking.

Colin
zoom99 is offline Find More Posts by zoom99
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:33 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom99 View Post
It says "Bit Rate: 8.5mb/S". Is that considered good? Just asking.

Colin
Its good, just a bit pricey ...
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:18 AM
Enterprise, AL
Joined Nov 2004
7 Posts
I just received one of these JXD318's ebay listing stated it comes with instructions in both Chinese AND English. Mine came EXCLUSIVELY with CHINESE instructions... I don't read Chinese... Can anybody tell me the company web site and/or where I can find a downloadable copy of the English instructions for the JXD318, and also where to go online to download/install any firmware updates?
rcmodelr is offline Find More Posts by rcmodelr
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Apr 2006
475 Posts
I won a "Car DVR 720P Dual Separate Lens Dashboard vehicle Camera Video Recorder 2.4 inch" on ebay on Monday and paid for it. I just got an email from Ebay that the item is no longer listed, to not send payment if I haven't yet, and if I have paid for it and don't receive the item after 10 days after it's estimated delivery date, I can open a complaint with ebay/paypal. The seller no longer appears to be listed, either, so I don't even know how to contact them. I'm bummed pretty bad.

Anyone else having an issue like this?
mark963 is offline Find More Posts by mark963
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,583 Posts
the DVRs I won appear "shipped",sellers account is active (fangzhituo23 ) and all listings are there.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark963 View Post
I won a "Car DVR 720P Dual Separate Lens Dashboard vehicle Camera Video Recorder 2.4 inch" on ebay on Monday and paid for it. I just got an email from Ebay that the item is no longer listed, to not send payment if I haven't yet, and if I have paid for it and don't receive the item after 10 days after it's estimated delivery date, I can open a complaint with ebay/paypal. The seller no longer appears to be listed, either, so I don't even know how to contact them. I'm bummed pretty bad.

This happened to me. Eventually paypal or ebay made contact with the seller and I got refunded. Seems to be some loophole in the ebay security sellers are taking advantage of
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Basel, Switzerland
Joined Mar 2008
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark963 View Post
I just got an email from Ebay that the item is no longer listed, to not send payment if I haven't yet, and if I have paid for it and don't receive the item after 10 days after it's estimated delivery date, I can open a complaint with ebay/paypal.
had that once. you can contact the seller and ask if he sent it. you have 40 days time to file a complaint. if you dont receive it after 30 days, do that, you can cancel the complaint in case it arrives in the meantime (was like that in my case, no problem).
quix-fz is offline Find More Posts by quix-fz
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:44 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Hi,
I have a new FPV Japan dvr2. I can not operate remote recording switch and vibration function. I connect the remote switch to video out and vibe on in set up. But both of function did not run.
Can any one tell me ow to operate them.
Thanks
Firat
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp