HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Anybody up for summarising this device list in a new thread. I am in the market to buy a dvr now. So search function is not going to help. And way too many pages now to read through
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ov3rmind View Post
I ended up ordering an even cheaper one for 19 buck shipped (with prime) from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024U...=5336653529-20

Good resolution, simple operation, no LCD though, but if doing FPV, use goggles or display to review
Hi what is the resolution for this device
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
Old May 28, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2011
125 Posts
Summarize ? Buy cheap = buy twice FPV-Japan DVR looks good...
igorek82 is offline Find More Posts by igorek82
Last edited by igorek82; May 28, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,108 Posts
Yep, that's about it.

One thing I'll add. There's generally a noticeable difference between really cheap DVRs which people
use just to record OSD text and last position, and more expensive DVRs which are suitable for recording
videos that you might post on YouTube/Vimeo. When someone says "This really cheap DVR works
fine for me." it helps to pay attention to which category of usage they fall in.
There really haven't been more than a couple good DVRs added since the first post in this thread
stopped being updated.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daemon; May 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:04 AM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiDonavan View Post
Hi what is the resolution for this device

http://vhsvideotodvd.blogspot.fr/201...tal-video.html
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Old May 30, 2012, 05:30 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
I gave up using HDD after I discovered the quality of DVD. I now use a Sony portable DVD burner, and am hoping to convert the rest of the tribe to this format.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...6-FB-R&cpc=SCH

Also my Baru (Br3002, or 3003, not sure..) had an annoying habit of slipping slightly out of synch occasionally, and putting the bottom 10mm of screen at the top. Never found a cause for it. Its now collecting dust with all my other recorders that didnt make the grade.
Let me know if formatting works for you,'
Cheers
Frank
Hi Ommadawn - or anyone who has the Sony Portable DVD Recorder VRD-MC6- I don't suppose anyone can tell me what the dimensions of the barrel connector to power the device is please?- I got one of these models used on ebay which didn't come with a power cord at all- and the barrel connector socket isn't a standard 2.5mm jack- picture attached- if anyone has the ability to measure the barrel connector outside and inside diameters and the pin diameter I would greatly appreciate it so I can find a correct sized barrel connector/cable to power this off of a 3S lipo- until I do that I cannot power the device up at all to test it..thanks in advance for any feedback
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
Old May 30, 2012, 06:03 PM
Sam in Virginia
Hampton Virginia
Joined Jul 2005
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSelf View Post
Hi Ommadawn - or anyone who has the Sony Portable DVD Recorder VRD-MC6- I don't suppose anyone can tell me what the dimensions of the barrel connector to power the device is please?- I got one of these models used on ebay which didn't come with a power cord at all- and the barrel connector socket isn't a standard 2.5mm jack- picture attached- if anyone has the ability to measure the barrel connector outside and inside diameters and the pin diameter I would greatly appreciate it so I can find a correct sized barrel connector/cable to power this off of a 3S lipo- until I do that I cannot power the device up at all to test it..thanks in advance for any feedback
Here is all the info on what I used.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=140

Coax power plug with 1mm diameter center pin. Common replacements for laptop computer power supplies. 5mm o.d. x 3.4mm i.d.

Here's the link to the one I used
AllElectronics.com

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...3.4-X-1/1.html

CO-AX POWER PLUG W/ CENTER PIN 5 X 3.4 X 1
sverlander is offline Find More Posts by sverlander
Last edited by sverlander; May 30, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverlander View Post
Here is all the info on what I used.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=140

Coax power plug with 1mm diameter center pin. Common replacements for laptop computer power supplies. 5mm o.d. x 3.4mm i.d.

Here's the link to the one I used
AllElectronics.com

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...3.4-X-1/1.html

CO-AX POWER PLUG W/ CENTER PIN 5 X 3.4 X 1
Thanks so much Sverlander! So just to confirm- you used that specific connector and it fitted Ok and powered your VRD-MC6 OK with a 3S lipo? (I ask as since posting with a little research I believe the dimensions of the original power connector might be 5.5mm outside diamter, 3.3mm inside diameter and 0.9mm pin- the dimensions of the one you mentioned seem pretty close- so long as it fits, all is good I guess..how do you add black and red cable to a bare barrel connector like that? thanks again!
Old May 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
Sam in Virginia
Hampton Virginia
Joined Jul 2005
597 Posts
Quote:
Thanks so much Sverlander! So just to confirm- you used that specific connector and it fitted Ok and powered your VRD-MC6 OK with a 3S lipo? (I ask as since posting with a little research I believe the dimensions of the original power connector might be 5.5mm outside diamter, 3.3mm inside diameter and 0.9mm pin- the dimensions of the one you mentioned seem pretty close- so long as it fits, all is good I guess..how do you add black and red cable to a bare barrel connector like that? thanks again!
Yes that's the one I use and I have had no problems with it. The outer housing screws on the plug so unscrew it, solder some wire on the lugs and screw the outer housing back on. Back when I found this plug it was all I could find but you might be able to find one factory made with the wires. If you have the AC power adaptor you could cut the wire and add a dean connector and use the same plug for battery or AC operation.
sverlander is offline Find More Posts by sverlander
Old May 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Yes that's the one I use and I have had no problems with it. The outer housing screws on the plug so unscrew it, solder some wire on the lugs and screw the outer housing back on. Back when I found this plug it was all I could find but you might be able to find one factory made with the wires. If you have the AC power adaptor you could cut the wire and add a dean connector and use the same plug for battery or AC operation.
thanks Sverlander- I'm in Los Angeles- so that store is local to me- think I'll go down and save on shipping- thanks again buddy!
Old May 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
591 Posts
Quote:
I also use this recorder, and really like it.

- Kim -
SpookiePower is online now Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:57 PM
7AC
Central Indiana
Joined Oct 2006
391 Posts
AmCap

Anyone using "AmCap" have a problem with a black screen when "Start Capture" is selected. I have a great picture with it until I hit "Start Capture" then the screen goes black. I do get a recorded file, I just can't see the video while the file is being recorded
7AC is offline Find More Posts by 7AC
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:32 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,547 Posts
Quote:
Radio Shack or The Source also have it.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:39 AM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,194 Posts
I'm in a hunt for recorder, again, since my Aiptek MPVR croaked.
Since I also need a backup screen 2-in-1 like jdx 990 would be nice, but at least it should support around and over 3000 kb/s bit rate.

This foxtech mini d1 looks like it could do the job if I go for separate dvr and TV/Monitor solution. Raw sample video shows over 3500 kb/s and 30fps.
Is it any good? Any detailed reviews so far?
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:18 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,564 Posts
this car dvr looks even better than Horyzon HD
it can record digital CMOS and AV-in simultaneously thus can be used onboard and as ground recorder.
I just lost auction, will bid another one - don't outbid me!
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit